Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Got My Surgery Date...Where Are The November Bandsters?

Okay, I have a question, what size bands do you all have? I have a 5cc band, and the doctor scheduled me for 3 appts. two weeks apart, so over 6 weeks I guess I may get 3 fills or maybe 2, don't know, guess it depends on how I'm doing. Did your doctors schedule appts. like that? My 4th visit is then one month after the 3rd.

I hope you all had a good Christmas holiday, I'm enjoying the time off work, but not the excesses of food available, too tempting. How about the rest of you?

Pat i have a 1occ Band with 4cc in it with not to much restriction I go for another fill on 1/23.

ok every one is weighing food what weights for what foods?

Kirsty

I was told to never weigh food, but to measure and not eat over 1/2 cup always starting with Protein.< /p>

I decided against getting a fill today. Just too much going on here right now. I'm going to call his office and make an appointment for one next week or the week after.

Regarding portion size: no more than 3oz beginning with Protein. When I asked about calories, he said 1,000 to 1,200 max. He asked if I was exercising and I told him yes. He said I could "treat" myself a few days a week with 1,200 but should stay in the 1,000 range. I told him I was not hungry in the morning and he said I should not go more than 12-14 hours with out food...mostly due to the diabetes WHICH was in the NORMAL range on my blood work last week. He was very happy about that and said I should go back on the Zocor since my numbers were high. LDL was 177. Over all was 268.

He also lifted all my restrictions so I can finally run the vacuum cleaner. Hubby just hits and misses (mostly misses).

I've lost 24 lbs over all. I'm happy with that but have noticed my portions are getting larger.

He also stressed I should begin now chewing my food...said it should take up to 30mintues to eat a meal or I'm eating way to fast.

7 months from my initial phone call to surgery. Mostly due to my insurance company's demands.

my band is 10c. I have 3 in there and feel it. 3 oz of protien stay in there for hours. Can't eat beef or pork without pain.

Lost 32 pounds and 24 inches already.

Hmmm, I'm not sure what size my band is? I'll have to ask at my next appt. I had my band filled the first time on Christmas Eve and I'm still feeling pretty good restriction. I'm pretty sure he said he put in 2CC's.

I'd never heard of weighing my food in regards to the band. I'm eating about 1- 1 1/2C of food per meal and still losing at this point. Hopefully I'm not eating too much. I average anywhere from 800-1000 calories a day and I get in about 60-80g of Protein.

For the question about how long did it take to get a surgery date? I started my process in Feb 08' and I got the insurance approval the middle of October. My surgery was Nov 6th. It was well worth the wait!

Well----ate a little bit of my daughter's popcorn as I was sitting here typing---not such a good idea I guess! OUCH! :frown:

I found out today (while getting my first fill) that I have a 14cc band and he put 4cc in for my fill.

Hi Pat,

I see my surgeon today at 4:15.When I asked him during the last visit if I'd be getting a fill, he said we would see how things are progressing. He said some of his patients do not need fills for 2-3 months.

I'm very restricted in the mornings. I've lost 24lbs (6 were pre-diet) and I'm happy with that. I wasn't at first but will take each pound as it comes. I'll let you know if he gives me a fill today.

We had a quiet Christmas. Our 16yr old dog is not doing well. Our 18yr old son has begged us to hold off putting her down as he thought she would pass in her sleep. That's not gonna happen so we are scheduled to meet the vet tomorrow at 11:40. My band is really tight today. I've cried most of the morning. I guess stess does play a big part in all of this.

I'm sorry about your pet. I had to put my 17 year old cat to sleep back in May and I was crying for days after. I had the cat before my son was born. My co-workers thought I was nuts because I couldn't talk about it without crying. After a few months, we adopted a new kitten who has been a little terror but such a joy! And my dog adjusted to the kitten really well.

Good morning Notorious Novembers and soon-to-be banded folks!

Have my first fill appt tomorrow morning (can't wait!) and I'm glad because I don't feel any restriction right now. I've rebounded a few pounds because of the holidays and eating solid food, so I'm looking forward to losing again.

Have had some NSV's - smaller clothes, more energy, etc. Went swing dancing with my hubby on Friday night and was able to keep up most of the night. We don't do the really fast or athletic moves, but had a great time anyway...looking forward to taking classes this year so next January we can really show off!

Love my band, who I've named "Jillian" after my favorite psycho trainer on "Biggest Loser". Will report in tomorrow after my fill - hoping for great restriction!

Was off work from Dec 23 through Jan 5 because of the holiday shutdown - went to the gym 6 times and worked out during the time period (more than I would have before my band). Feeling very good about my activity level - just want the scale to move!:wink_smile:

I got my first fill today! It was not that bad at all!! He put 3cc in my 14cc band. I go back in 6 weeks for more! I am back on liquids for a couple of days:thumbdown: As you can tell I am not excited about that!! I am hoping I will start to loose weight I have been at a stand still for the past 2 weeks!

I have no restriction but did loose 2 over the Holidays! I just wanted to stay the same and not gain. I can eat just like normal, but not quite as much as before when I would binge! I have my first fill on the 15th and also want to get moving now. Hugs to all!!

Tammy

I have no restriction but did loose 2 over the Holidays! I just wanted to stay the same and not gain. I can eat just like normal, but not quite as much as before when I would binge! I have my first fill on the 15th and also want to get moving now. Hugs to all!!

Tammy

Good luck on the first fill I know you must be excite I'm anxiously waiting my 2nd one. No restricition for the past 3 weeks... trying to be good...lol. Great job on the weight loss over the holiday ....YAHOO:biggrin:

I got my first fill today! It was not that bad at all!! He put 3cc in my 14cc band. I go back in 6 weeks for more! I am back on liquids for a couple of days:thumbdown: As you can tell I am not excited about that!! I am hoping I will start to loose weight I have been at a stand still for the past 2 weeks!

I got my first fill yesterday. No problems at all! I got 3cc's too. Forgot to ask how large my band was. What type band did you get? I got Realize. I go back in a month for another fill. I have been starving for the past 1 1/2 weeks. Feel much better now. :tongue2:

I have the lapband brand. The fill was kinda weird while he was putting the saline in I got a strange taste in my mouth!! it was so bizzare:thumbup: Has anyone else ever felt that!

I have the lapband brand. The fill was kinda weird while he was putting the saline in I got a strange taste in my mouth!! it was so bizzare:thumbup: Has anyone else ever felt that!

I didn't have any feeling or side effect. Didn't hurt at all. Was cool to watch on the screen.