Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kareyquilts: Arms, Butt & Thighs, Oh My!

Karey,

Your hubby is doing a great job and he loves you, it is probably hard for him to see you like this.

WOW just taking that shower must have tired you out, it tired me out reading about it.

Good luck at the Drs today and hope you got a drain or 2 out. Take it easy and thanks for all your support and well wishes. You like Frangi are another superwoman and insperation to us on LBT.

See you in flatlands

Karey,

Thank you for sharing your journey. I'm a long way off from PS but I know I'm going to need it... I appreciate your perspective on this for many reasons. Wishing you well.

Thanks for the well wishes! Yes, I have a great hubby, just don't want to take advantage or wear him out. I know he doesn't like to see me suffer. Saw the ps today. I got the drains out of my arms, YEAH! Even though the remaining 4 drains weren't draining alot (except for one) the drainage was very red, so he said no drains out until Monday. Oh well. Ps said everything else looks really good. He said, I still have to stay reclined or lying down and NO bending over for one more week. Oh bother! I guess I'll cope, just wish I could be more independent. Went off all the pain pills, I feel much better without them. No more light headedness and my energy levels are up. I guess I'll survive this process and hopefully look better.

Karey: stick with the pills! Can you ask your doctor about trying one that makes you feel better? I found that some pain pills made me feel awful and some were much more tolerable. The next week or two will go much faster if you are not in pain!

Wow Karey! I'm so impressed with how well you sound like you are doing - and already off the pain meds... I'm just starting to get there and I don't think my procedure was quite as bad as yours. Anyway, glad to hear your doing better!

~Loridee11

Hi Karey! I'm amazed at how much you've done this year and am glad you are recovering. Can't wait to see you bandage free and feeling well! Congrats!!!

Marjorie: Thanks for the support! It has been the "improvement" year. I thought that the lap band year was a big year, but this has made as much difference to my quality of life as losing the weight did. I think that exercise is probably the biggest change, but it is impossible to get rid of the loose skin. I'm feeling better every day, but I'm not going to jump on the plastic surgery band wagon again anytime soon! Starting to think of new goals and directions for my life.. Not sure what I'll do next, but it's time to get more well rounded and serve others in some capacity.

Marjorie: Thanks for the support! It has been the "improvement" year. I thought that the lap band year was a big year, but this has made as much difference to my quality of life as losing the weight did. I think that exercise is probably the biggest change, but it is impossible to get rid of the loose skin. I'm feeling better every day, but I'm not going to jump on the plastic surgery band wagon again anytime soon! Starting to think of new goals and directions for my life.. Not sure what I'll do next, but it's time to get more well rounded and serve others in some capacity.

Went back to the ps today. He removed 3 of the 4 remaining drains, yeah! Unfortunately, I have a little spot on my back that is not healing well, so I was told that I can't sit up for another week! Bother, bother, bother! I also was told that I have to postpone my knee surgery for another month. I was trying to piggyback both recoveries together so that I could get back to exercise sooner. Now, I'm going to have my knee surgery Dec. 10th. UGG! I guess I'm going to learn patience whether I like it or not! Also, my son and his wife with my 1 year old grandson are moving in with us for a while, while my son applies for his medical school residencies and goes to interviews etc. I am so looking forward to their visit and my ps said that I canNOT pick up my grandbaby for 3 more weeks. He's going to think that I don't love him. I am really going to have to think of my blessings and stop thinking about what I can't do! This can get to you mentally if you let it and I feel like I could succumb to depression easily if I don't do something to counteract the negative thoughts. I'm trying to remember to breath and to think about all the good things in my life. I have so many blessings, including being able to have this LAST set of plastic surgery procedures. Well, I've written a book, so I'll quit for now.

Still laying around. Life is just too exciting. Sigh....

hang in there! this will pass soon and then you will be able to enjoy all this pain and effort you've been through!

Hey Karey, I am on complete bed rest also, he doesnt want me up for anything, I go and see him tomorrow and hopefully will be going home. I have a spot thats not healing /looking heathy so hubby puts a cream on it every 4 hours round the clock.

Keeping you in my thoughts asnd prayers and feel your pain about lying down all the time........

Feeling a little better. I am adjusting to my bed rest and thinking of things I can do while "resting" in bed. I've paid my bills, done some knitting, getting caught up on all the seasons of 24. Calling people who I've needed to reach out to. Working on a newsletter for my church and trying to think about my blessings. Being greatful has really helped me mentally. I feel that I've been tetering on the verge of a major depression and thinking about my blessings has really helped. I've had moments of euphoria while I watch the beautiful fall colors out my window and listen to the peace all around me. I don't know how people do it that have permanent disabilities and need to rely on others all the time. I'm hoping that I don't forget this experience so that I can know how to help others. Banking on the theory that things happen for a reason. Have a great day everyone!