Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kareyquilts: Arms, Butt & Thighs, Oh My!

Loridee: Goodluck with the fill? Do you still like Dr. Saltz?

Deepinfl: Wow! I think you're the inspiration. Way to go with your weight loss!

lipstix: I agree with you! I know that I am an emotional eater and I have thought about getting some counseling. At this point, I'm just hyper-aware of what I put in my mouth and try to process it myself. My new fill is helping, but eating is always an issue! I wish us all luck!

Hey Karey!

Thanks for the wishes. I had my fill today under floro and everything is sitting just as it should (relief). I am now at 2.8cc's and am hoping it's not too tight (at 2.9 I was coughing at night, although that was 30 lbs ago).

As for Dr. Saltz, I do still really like him. I'm not 100% happy with my surgery results, but I do know a large part of that was the amount of skin I needed removed. WHen I met with Dr. Saltz for my six week appointment he agreed that there was additional skin we could take off and would in my next surgery. So, when I do the second half of my lowerbody lift I'll have additional skin taken from my abdomen... hopefully a thigh lift at the same time.

What about you? I know you've had some issues this time but are you still liking Dr. Saltz?

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help out while you get back on your feet!!!

~Lori

Lori: I thought your after pictures looked great. Dr. Saltz did a revision of my tt, when he did the thigh lift this time and my stomach looks really great. I liked it before but he was able to get more skin and it does look better, so that is something for you to look forward to. Yes, I still like Dr. Saltz. I wish he was a better communicator and that they gave you more information for after care, but I think he is a very gifted surgeon and I can find out the information that I need. Glad your band is alright. We should really meet sometime.

Thanks Karey!

I am really happy with my results, especially when I look at my before pics :cursing:. The only area that makes me less than 100% happy is right above my horizontal scar... my tissue sticks out about an inch above the scar (a little pouch). Not sure if it's swelling, fat, or a combination but it kind of bugs me. However, I would still do this again even if there was no opportunity for future improvement. It's made a huge difference in how I look and feel.

I do agree with you about how the Dr. could set better post op expectations. I always wonder if Dr.'s have gotten lazy now that most people have internet access or if they've always given this level of detail and people were just lost and confused post surgery before. Either way, I am SO grateful for chat boards like this.

~Lori

I'm thankful for the chat boards like this too. If your incision sticks out a little, you know that Saltz can just trim that off in the office, don't you? He won't do it, if you don't let him know that it bugs you. When I had my breast lift one of my breasts was lower than the other one. I pointed it out and Dr. Saltz fixed it for free. He wants you to be pleased, so I would just let him know.

Thanks Karey!

My incisions are actually pretty clean. I have excess skin below my breasts and I have excess skin/tissue above my horizontal scar. I think both of those are too large to fix in the office - the breast is about an inch of skin across the bottom of both breasts, and the abdomen is across most of the bottom as well. I do plan on having another surgery next year, and he'll fix those during that time, or at least that's what I'm hoping :thumbup:

I do want to clarify, I LOVE my results. When I look at my before and afters there are absolutely no regrets. And, if this is as good as it gets I would still do it a hundred times over. I am not ashamed of my body anymore, and that's the best gift I could have given myself. However, since the option is there to make it better, I'm going to take it.

~Lori

Lori: You go girl!

I'm going to try and get some after pictures posted this weekend. I'm having knee surgery on Wednesday. I'm having my knee cap cut and realigned and a ligment loosened, so that my knee will track properly. Supposedly this will postpone a knee replacement for 10-15 years. It's a 3-4 month rehab and I am just dredding it! I have known that I needed the surgery for a whil , but I decided to do the plastics first and piggyback the 2 recoveries. But actually, I'm pretty much totally recovered from the plastics. I've got my Christmas almost totally done, so that my family won't suffer while I'm down. I just hope I can keep my spirits up and not spiral into a depression. I'm already depressed just thinking about it!

Wishing you the best for your surgery. You are such a trooper!! YOu will do great! It will elp to have family around for christmas, even if you aren't 100%

Karey....I was banded in 2006, the same time as your first band, and I remember doing the Oct. bandsters and challenges with you. I just wanted to tell you that you look great! Do you have any other recent photos? You must feel like a new women. When did your band slip? How did you know that you had a problem? I know that you have probably answered these questions a million times so if you are tired of answering it just ignore me(it won't be the first time, lol). I have been feeling funny lately and just wondering if I may have a problem. Again, you look FABULOUS!

Karey, I swear you are superwoman!!

Good luck with the knee surgery, I don't knw if I could do another surgery after this one that has given me some problems, I know I know there was a risk, But I wasn't prepared mentally for them. Being able to get off of complete bed rest sure has helped me. I hated the helpless, everyone do it for me feeling. Also being able to take a shower was wonderful!!!

It sounds like the way to go to postpone the replacement 10-15 years!!!

Thinking of you!!

LauriGee: You're doing fantastic as well. I do need to update my pictures. I'm going to try and get my DH to take more tonight. As far as the band slipping. My band slipped this summer. I had symtoms, but I didn't know enought to get my butt into the doc. For a weeks, I was having a hard time eating almost everything. I was vomiting and getting that mucusing stuff about every other meal. I felt tight in my chest. Then I would have a good day with no problems. I thought I wasn't chewing well enough or picking the wrong kinds of foods, etc. Why do we always thiink it's our own fault? Then I thought, well maybe I'm just too tight, so I got a slight unfill, but the problem didn't go away. I finally called the doc and they did an upper GI with barium. Right after that test, I ate out with friends for my birthday and had to leave the get together because I couldn't stop vomiting. I called the doctor, had a complete unfill and then they called the radiology department and I was informed that my band had slipped. By that time, a part of my stomach had moved up into my esophagus and I could not stop vomiting. I had to have emergency surgery that evening. Luckily, the two docs that worked on me were able to remove my band and replace it with a new one. They did puncture my stomach during the surgery, but I healed well. I was told that it was a very diffiuclt surgery. Later I learned that there are 2 common reasons for band slippage. Eating too much at one time, or having too tight of a band for too long. I think that I was too tight, but also, I began having problems shortly after my first Tummy Tuck, when I had a low profile port placed at the same time. I got a pill stuck about 5 days after my surgery and had to have a complete unfill. My band just never seemed to work as well after that. The doc agreed that something could have happened during the surgery. Unfortunately, I did not get an upper GI or floruscopy after that first episode. I hope that wasn't too much information! If I can answer any more questions, just let me know. I wish you the best!

Well, I'm off for yet another surgery. I'm dreading it and very nervous. Oh well. I know it's for the best. Must remember my mantra to breath and think positive thoughts!

Good luck Karey. You'll make it through this, piece of cake. My brother had the surgery and he was a baby about it, but most(not all) men are about aches and pains. lol He never would have been able to go through your surgeries. Chin up and Merry, Merry Christmas to you!

Sam

Hi Karey

How is your de-hiss coming along? I think I have one too on the incision line (Lower body lift) a few inches to the right of centre - my back. I'm 9 weeks post op. This small area has not been healing. The scab fell off about 3 weeks ago (OK maybe I helped it fall off just a little because it seemed loose), but the area was still weepy beneath. Now there's a tiny hole or tunnell in it and my Doctor thinks its infected. She has given me antibiotics and if they dont work she is making sinister noises to the effect that I'll have to return to my surgeon in France. Apparently no surgeon in this country will touch me to sort out a problm if they didnt operate in the first instance!! How long did your take to improve?

Ellen

Hey Karey,

Just checking in to see how you are feeling. I hope everything went well and that you are doing fantastic. I know a couple of people who have had knee surgeries, and all of them felt SOOOO much better afterwards. I'm sure you will too!

~Lori