Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kareyquilts: Arms, Butt & Thighs, Oh My!

Karey...Hope your surgery went well! I had a similar surgery last year. It didn't hurt half as much healing as it did before the surgery. I hope you experience the same as I did. Take care of yourself!

Survived another surgery! Yeah! My knee hurts but it's nothing compared to plastic surgery! The doc gave me a lidocaine block on the knee so I can't feel it too much. I think it's similar to the pain pump for a Tummy Tuck, except that I can't control it, it will just wear off. Thanks for the well wishes everyone! 2009 will be better and healthier!

I had knee surgery 10 days ago and my knee is really hurting. I'm missing exercise so much. I start physical therapy on Tuesday. I think it's going to be hard. I'm actually dreading it, because at the doc's office on Friday they had me bend my knee back as far as it would go and it wasn't very far! It hurt like crazy and since they've taken off the brace and I'm walking solo it's more swollen and painful. GRRR! So tired of pain. I think I've gained 4 pounds too. It seems that it always 5 steps forward and 2 steps back! I know I can do this, it just seems hard right now like all my zip has been zapped. Just needed to vent. Hope everyone's enjoying the holidays!

Karey....I hope that your thearapy goes good on Tuesday. If you can get the swelling down some before hand it really goes alot easier. It was alot worse on the days that I had excessive swelling. Just think when 2009 rings in you will be the vision of perfection. You seem to have had a long road and I think that you will finally be able to take a breather and just relax and enjoy your new body and your better health. Congratulations on all your success and all you determination to being a healthy you.

Sorry you're having so much pain Karey. Chin up and hang in there. Saying some prayers for your speedy recovery.

Sam

Laurigee: Thanks for the advice. I'll elevate my knee for a while before I go to rehab. It's getting a little easier to get around. I'm getting use to it mentally and working on my attitude.

Sam: Thanks for the well wishes!

Need to do a little last minute shopping and I can't drive yet. I'm going to put my life in my hands and ask my 22 year old to drive me. Wish me luck!

Good Luck Karey! Just try to keep your eyes closed. That helps me with my 17 yr old nephew! and a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you.

Sam

Karey, my wish for you is a surgery AND pain free '09!!! Best of luck getting everything done and a very happy, HEALTHY, comfortable Christmas to you!

Thanks for the well wishes Cori! I'm absolutely planning on a surgery free 2009! Today my older children are cooking the Christmas meal and doing the clean up. I'm not suppose to set foot in the kitchen. I can't think of a better gift. The kids (29, 27 & 22) are planning on making stuffed cornish game hens, french onion Soup, a fancy salad and creme brulee. They been planning the meal all week. You never know if what you've done and taught your kids has gotten through. Today is a nice pay-off day when I see that my children love me and have learned some compassion. It such a nice feeling. I feel very peaceful and happy. I'm sitting here with ice on my knee reflecting on a fun morning. My 15 month grandson was so cute this morning playing with his ride on toy and jumping in this little trampoline fort thing. None of my children (I have 5) complained or acted jealousy of the others. Very pleasant. I hope everyone has a great day and if you don't (because of children) remember that they do grow-up (finally). Merry Christmas!

Karey, Hope the meal turned out well! Mine are 15 and 12 and I can't picture them cooking yet as my girl, 15 doesnt like to read the instructions when she cooks. Things turn out interesting. But they didn't fight all day. (wow) as a present to me for Christmas, so maybe they are growing up. lol. Glad you got to rest and hope that knee is healing up really well. Happy New Year!

Sam

Sam: Thanks for the well wishes. Your day will come when the kiddies really appreciate you. The first year they move away from home for college or work, you suddenly become a goddess of wisdom, so hang in there! I started physical therapy and it is hard. I leave almost in tears, but I am making progress. My knee can bend to 90 degrees now. I have been so distracted with the knee and related pain, that I haven't been massaging my ps scars. I guess I will get back with the program. I have a very raised scar on my left arm. I can't see myself wearing even a short sleeved shirt with the way it looks. I will post pictures and get everyone's opinion. Happy New Year!

Glad to hear you're progressing with the physical therapy and getting more mobility back. Thanks for the encouragement too about my kids. Can't wait to see your pics. Don't worry too much about the scars. I hear it takes awhile for them to fade. Yeah 2009. I'm ready to open a bottle of champaigne right now. Congrats on the new you in 2009!

Sam

Thought I would finally do a few before and after pictures. I've been in a bit of a funk, despite my best efforts. Having plastic surgery and then knee surgery shortly thereafter sucks! I know I'll be glad this spring when I'm finally back in shape. Physical therapy is going alright, not bending my knee as well as I should be, but it's not from lack of trying. I'm back into pilates (everything but foot and leg work) and this is helping my mental attitude. Patience never is easy, is it? Anyway, here are the pictures. The first picture is before my original Tummy Tuck. The second is before the revision of my tummy tuck. The third is my anchor revision. I guess I should have wore some nicer underwear, oh well. Sometimes I wonder if it was all worth it. I need a chill pill!

post-342097-13813142217297_thumb.jpg

post-210723-13813138041592_thumb.jpg

post-210723-13813138041878_thumb.jpg

post-210723-13813138042161_thumb.jpg