Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kareyquilts: Arms, Butt & Thighs, Oh My!

Glad to hear you're feeling better. I think that counting our blessings is food for thought today. I think I need to remember that when I get down, just how far i've come and that I'm healthy and so is my family. Wish I had some nice fall scenery to look at, though. We're having some nice sunny days with pretty blue skies, but no pretty leaves. Happy Halloween/Friday to you.

Sam

Karey, thanks for your post. That was very inspirational as are you! Freedom from the prison bars of our fat can be a very emotional experience. Even with only 20 lbs down I'm beginning to get glimpses of what life might be like again.

Donna: Life can be great, fat or thin. It's all between the ears. I think being on the path and making the right choices gives us peace of mind and whether we've lost 20 (congratulations) or have met our goal, I've found that I'm happiest when I'm making good choices. Even at goal if I pig out the negative voices come out to let me know how awful I've been. It's all a process.

Today, I broke out in hives from the new antibiotic the doc put me on. It's not fun to be itchy when you absolutely can't itch! Benadryl is helping but I needed to get on the LBT with my friends and get distracted! Happy Halloween!

Feeling a little better. I am adjusting to my bed rest and thinking of things I can do while "resting" in bed. I've paid my bills, done some knitting, getting caught up on all the seasons of 24. Calling people who I've needed to reach out to. Working on a newsletter for my church and trying to think about my blessings. Being greatful has really helped me mentally. I feel that I've been tetering on the verge of a major depression and thinking about my blessings has really helped. I've had moments of euphoria while I watch the beautiful fall colors out my window and listen to the peace all around me. I don't know how people do it that have permanent disabilities and need to rely on others all the time. I'm hoping that I don't forget this experience so that I can know how to help others. Banking on the theory that things happen for a reason. Have a great day everyone!

I have to argree with you Karey, I too have been counting my blessings and tryng to stay positive to keep from being troo depressed. I hate having to rely on hubby and daughters for everything, they don't mind but I feel so useless at times. I can't wait to be well and out of this bed.

Shalee: Good to hear from you. I guess we should be greatful that we have people in our life that love us and are willing to help us when we need it. Afterall, we would do it for them. Right?! It is hard to stay positive, I'm hoping that when I see the doc tomorrow I get the go ahead to go on with my life. I am able to get up and down by myself now and I''m moving a little better. Everything is going to be better soon. Repeating my mantra: Counting my blessings!

Shalee: Good to hear from you. I guess we should be greatful that we have people in our life that love us and are willing to help us when we need it. Afterall, we would do it for them. Right?! It is hard to stay positive, I'm hoping that when I see the doc tomorrow I get the go ahead to go on with my life. I am able to get up and down by myself now and I''m moving a little better. Everything is going to be better soon. Repeating my mantra: Counting my blessings!

best wishes for your appt tomorrow! You have been a blessing for all of us going through this process (or who are thinking about doing so) by sharing your journey!

good luck and thank you!

Marjorie: Thanks for the kind words. Hope your feeling better!

All I can say is I went to my ps today and got the go ahead to sit up and even drive. Hallelujah! So very happy to be joining the human race again! Still having some incision issues, but doc said that reclining isn't going to change anything. He also said that he will revise any scars that need it and fix the dip in my arm if it doesn't resolve. I'm feeling better and anxious to start moving again (I know I have to take it slowly, uhgg!). I would like to take some after pics, but I don't think I will of my bottom, the de-hiss is quite unattractive. But maybe it would help to see it? I had Lipo on my knees and they look a lot better already. I think my stomach looks good, even with the added vertical incision. The arms are coming along. Going to count my blessings!

Hi Karey:

I'm glad that things are going well for you.

Can you please explain what "de-hiss" is?

Thanks for keeping us all informed.

Sue

Karey, So glad you are out and about again!! That's great news. I can't imagine the frustration of being on bed rest. Just being less active and having to "rest" alot is about to drive me crazy. You and Shalee are troupers!! Hope you are having a great day!!

Sue: A "de-hiss" is where the incision comes apart. It can be a big gap or a small gap. Mine is where the two incisions meet at the butt crack (don't know how else to say it). My doc calls this area the "bermuda triangle" as it creates problems for lots of people. Maybe I will take a picture so people can know more about this. Will ask my DH to help me with this tonight.

congrats on your freedom, Karey!!!! best wishes for a speedy heiny recovery! I think it would be helpful for people to see where your incision opened- people are always willing to post the good results and complications are downplayed. I'm sure that despite the open area, you look FABULOUS!

yea for sitting!

WOHOOO Karey great news!! just dont overdue it. and yes I am so glad I have a compassionate caring hubby who has been wonderful to me thru this.

There is nothing as wonderful as a caring and helpful husband. This surgery and recovery has really strengthened my bond with DH. He has been so very attentive. I am not used to being/needing to be pampered and he has really risen to the occasion. I am much happier taking care of myself but it is reassuring to know that he is willing and able to step up when I can't. And remember....the results benefit them as well :thumbup:. Kudos to our awesome hubbies!!!!

Karey,

That is awesome news. It is wonderful that you have such a caring husband. Makes me wonder how the heck I'm going to get through a Tummy Tuck without one. lol. Anyway, glad you have a little bit of freedom now, don't over due it, but hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Sam

It is wonderful that you have such a caring husband. Makes me wonder how the heck I'm going to get through a Tummy Tuck without one. lol.

Maybe you'll have one by the time you get yours done? :thumbs_up: