Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kareyquilts: Arms, Butt & Thighs, Oh My!

Weighing in to this great thread late, but sending good post-op vibes to you Karey!

Thanks for sharing your journey with us. I give you a lot of credit for taking care of *YOU*!!

Best,

Beanie

This is Kareys husband, and she wants me to let you all know that she is doing ok. The surgury took 7 hrs. and she can not type because of her arms. She will check in with you all later.

Thanks for the well wishes.

What a difference a day makes. I feel so much better today. I can even move my arms a little. Funny how your perspective changes. Yesterday I couldn't hold my own Water or feed myself. Today, I can sort of do both. I feel like there will be hope, yesterday I was question my decision big time. I'm falling a sleep as I type this, but I think I'm doing pretty well. This is a very hard procedure. I don't know how Frangi managed this by herself. I'm not supposed to sit up straight, so getting up and down is very challenging. I have 6 drains instead of 3 and I have a pain pump again. I guess the ps did a pretty extensive revision of my tummy tuckl I went back to the docs today and I got to see my arms today and the scar only went about half way down my arm and it looked so so much better. Well if I can answer any questions for anyone bring them on. I am trying to used the laptop in my recliner chair and I'm falling asleep again. I'll check in later.

What a difference a day makes. I feel so much better today. I can even move my arms a little. Funny how your perspective changes. Yesterday I couldn't hold my own Water or feed myself. Today, I can sort of do both. I feel like there will be hope, yesterday I was question my decision big time. I'm falling a sleep as I type this, but I think I'm doing pretty well. This is a very hard procedure. I don't know how Frangi managed this by herself. I'm not supposed to sit up straight, so getting up and down is very challenging. I have 6 drains instead of 3 and I have a pain pump again. I guess the ps did a pretty extensive revision of my tummy tuckl I went back to the docs today and I got to see my arms today and the scar only went about half way down my arm and it looked so so much better. Well if I can answer any questions for anyone bring them on. I am trying to used the laptop in my recliner chair and I'm falling asleep again. I'll check in later.

Karey, glad to see you up and typing a bit. Glad things are going good for you. So how is the anchor Tummy Tuck cut feeling compared to your 1st TT?? I think the anchor cut is what is scaring me the most, my Ps said he wants me hunched over for at least 2 weeks to make sure it adheres good. I'm like oh man. He also told me monday no shower till all drains are out. Hmm oh man again!!! I did rent a recliner for my downstairs, I didn't knw if I would be able to climb all my stairs to my bedroom.

WOHOO for the scar only going 1/2 way down. :smile2:

how are you able to sit?? I mean with having the butt done.

Take care of yourself and don't try and do too much.

Shalee: My ps said to stand as straight as possible (for the butt, I believe). However, I didn't have any muscle repair this time and I know that makes a big difference.

Shalee: Looking back, I see that I didn't answer all your questions. Sitting is hard, my butt is numb and sore at the same time. I can't sit straight up, I have to be reclining or lying down for 10 to 14 days. My butt seems very large and the right side is a lot bigger than the left. It is nice and round and my legs look much better. The anchor revision isn't too much more painful. Doc did a lot of revision of original scar too. I hope that you have a pain pump. It is helpful and I'm glad that I have it. I think that my stomach will look wonderful when all the swelling goes down, etc. My knees which had Lipo already look better than they did. The thighs are smooth, but a lot larger than when I went in. I'm sure I'll be told that this is all normal. My arms are gettin alot more mobile and I can find myself now, but it will be a while before I can get dressed by myself. Took the wraps off for my shower today and the wings are gone. The arms look pretty good. I don't think I'll mind the scar too much. Overall, this has been a very hard set of procedures and I'm not sure if the results will have been worth the pain, time out of my life, money, etc. for the results I will have to with hold final judgment, till the final results are more apparent and I'm feeling better. I'm feeling very emotional and tearful, which can be part of the process, especially when you have to go off your hormones. I'm sure that 7 hours of anestesia don't help, either. I will try and post some pictures later today.

Shalee and Renewed: I wish you the best with your upcoming surgeries. I think that your are going to be extremely happy with your TT and breast surgeries. It is worth it all for those procedures!

Ahhhh Karey, I'm so sorry! I mean, I am glad you are pleased with your results and all, just sorry that you aren't feeling better about everything. Here's hoping that the hormone attack goes away soon and you are feeling wonderful about your decisions. One day at a time my dear... you can do this :biggrin:

Oh Karey, You sound like you are in a lot of pain and pretty uncomfortable. My prayers and thoughts are with you. I hope you heal very quickly and that swelling starts going down real soon.

Congratulations Karey! I'm sorry you haven't been feeling great, but I'm impressed you've been well enough to be online. Today is the first day I've made it online. Good luck!!!

Since not very people have had a thread on arms, I thought, I would post a few pictures. Today is a better day. Not much pain, just extremely tired and dizzy when I get up,(which I am trying to do frequently). The pictures in black are my before pictures. The drains and wraps are after. I'll post more when the drains get out, hopefully on Wednesday!

post-53047-13813667666091_thumb.jpg

post-53047-13813667667014_thumb.jpg

post-23216-13813667667912_thumb.jpg

post-38076-13813667668726_thumb.png

post-210723-13813137783415_thumb.jpg

post-210723-13813137783698_thumb.jpg

post-210723-13813137783973_thumb.jpg

post-210723-1381313778423_thumb.jpg