Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vancouver Area Bandsters

Hey everyone just checking in.. ALso Patricia when are we going to meet up for tea.. LOL would be good to meet up with you.. Hope everyone is well...

Hey everyone, just thought I'd give an update. I had my 3rd fill on March 17th for a total of 5 cc's (10 cc band). I hadn't lost any weight up to that point but I'm down 6-7 lbs the last 2 weeks. Looks like the last fill is making a difference. Hope everyone is doing well. See you at the next North Van meeting! Lyn

Hey everyone, just thought I'd give an update. I had my 3rd fill on March 17th for a total of 5 cc's (10 cc band). I hadn't lost any weight up to that point but I'm down 6-7 lbs the last 2 weeks. Looks like the last fill is making a difference. Hope everyone is doing well. See you at the next North Van meeting! Lyn

Very well done, congratulations. Averaging 1 - 2 lbs is the norm and you have a great start.

:bored:

Hello again everyone!

Wow, the last semester of university sure is testing my limits! With only two weeks left of classes followed by two weeks of final exams, I'm actually excited about the fact that I have a job interview tomorrow! (for a summer co-op position).

But, putting the stresses from school aside, I have been doing pretty well. Most of you know that I had a problem a few months back which caused a large gas bubble to form in my stomach, creating pain, which was relieved by taking all of the Fluid out of my band. Which of course felt great, except my body re-learned that it can eat whatever it wants (well, pretty much). So, after almost three months of having problems, eating "around the band" and eating with an empty band, I gained 5 pounds (well, gained and lost more than that, but am now 5 pounds higher than I was 3 months ago). I felt a bit defeated, run down, and hopeless. Luckily, however, I have had two fills now (yesterday I had another 1 CC put in), and finally have restriction. Not 100% where I want to be, but about 80% restriction, so I am finally able to eat good foods, feel full, and have that feeling last a while. Since I "reverted" back to my old ways for so long, late-night eating has been a problem. So, starting today I had steal-cut oats for Breakfast (after not eating breakfast at all for the past few months), and am really going to push myself to eat well for the next few days to get my body back into the right rhythm.

And what better way than to have a support group meeting?!?!?! It's FINALLY time to have our first official Vancouver Bandsters (Richmond) meeting. You can get all the info from our website: https://sites.google.com/site/vancouverbandsters/ We are meeting at 11:30am this saturday at the boston pizza in ironwood, in south richmond. I really hope to see you there!!! We welcome anyone (including those who are not yet banded, or had other forms of WLS), so please come and say Hi!

Cheers!

Tim

Wow, Tim, that is amazing!

It was definitely a piece of bandster hell!

Happy to hear you are all better!

Stay strong!

Antonella

Hi,

Does anyone know what Dr. Woodhead pre op diet is like? Also what is the wait time for the lap band?

Hi Everyone :cool:

Pink ~ Sorry but I am not sure of Dr. Woodhead's pre-op and wait times these days. There are a few of his patients that read this message board tho so hopefully one of those ladies will read this and be able to give you some info. The alternative would be to call his office, I would think that his secretary could give you reasonable estimate.

So we are 1 week away from our next monthly meeting and I wanted to post now while I was in here. I will send out the email in a couple of days as well so watch for it and if you know anyone that is not on my list and would like to join us, please forward the message along to them.

As always we will meet at Lion's Gate Hospital on Wednesday April 21st. I'll probably spend part of the day in Squamish with my mom so I should be there by 6.30 as usual. If any of you have any specific topic you would like covered let me know via email and I'll see if I can come up with any relevant stuff. Hopefully with the improved weather and longer evenings I will see all of you there.

Patricia

Hi,

Does anyone know what Dr. Woodhead pre op diet is like? Also what is the wait time for the LAP-BAND®?

I go to Dr. W for my fills. His timetable is dependant on the availability of hospital or time. He does his surgery in the hospital. I very much like him.

Having said that, if you are just starting your research, I can't emphasize enough that you check out the aftercare including the number of free fills. The FCSC has a program worth looking into.

There is another clinic operating in Surrey and Washington State. I think, you could check them out as well.

My main point being, aftercare is critical especially for the first 3 years. As one gets used to living with the band (barring no complications) less support is required.

Hi Everyone :thumbup:

Just wanted to start off by thanking everyone that came to the meeting last week.....was a pretty good turn-out with lots of chatting and some good laughs. Hopefully I'll see you all again next month !!!

Now the reason for my post...

As some of you know I have been looking into PS and just had a thought.... Does anyone know if Plastic Surgery (and banding for that matter...) will be charged HST??? Man I ~HATE~ taxes !!!! I have booked another consult with a PS for the first week of June so I'll be checking with the office when I'm there but if any of you know, leave a post !!!

Hope everyone is well !!

P~

Thanks for the replies :smile: I have been researching for over a year now and finally decided to give Dr. Woodhead a call. My consultation is in May, which is coming up soon! Another question, how is your energy after getting the band? I mean the food portions are very small, do you have enough energy to continue on with your regular activities without feeling like your going to faint? I get very light headed if I don't eat or eat very little also my hands get shaky too...

Thanks for the replies :blink: I have been researching for over a year now and finally decided to give Dr. Woodhead a call. My consultation is in May, which is coming up soon! Another question, how is your energy after getting the band? I mean the food portions are very small, do you have enough energy to continue on with your regular activities without feeling like your going to faint? I get very light headed if I don't eat or eat very little also my hands get shaky too...

Believe it or not, the portions seem small but they will be more than enough for you to follow the guidelines of Protein first, then veggies, then starch. After awhile, when you are watching other people eat, their portions will appear huge. Also, individuals that are thin, you will probably also notice, that their everyday portions are approximately 1 cup per meal. We are encouraged to eat 5 small meals per day (2 Snacks included in that figure). Don't worry, you will have more than enough. Just stay away from the easy foods that slip down easily. Choose protein that makes you chew.

Please come out to a support group. Face to face is far better than internet, although, internet is better than nothing.

:smile:

Hi all :scared2:

Just a quick pass thru to read and see what you're all up to. I'm back to working a whole lot (short staffed yet again!!!) so am not around much.

To anyone that was interested in the HST on plastics comment, I did recieve a note from one of our meeting-goer's that was informed by her PS that it ~WILL~ be charged on all plastic surgery. Still waiting for confirmation from Rhonda but I'm sure it will be. Gotta love the Gov't :cheers2:

P~

Thanks for the replies :biggrin: I have been researching for over a year now and finally decided to give Dr. Woodhead a call. My consultation is in May, which is coming up soon! Another question, how is your energy after getting the band? I mean the food portions are very small, do you have enough energy to continue on with your regular activities without feeling like your going to faint? I get very light headed if I don't eat or eat very little also my hands get shaky too...

I must say that I have much, much more energy post surgery than I ever have in a lifetime of battling my weight.

Some days I feel high, high on life, I love my body, I love being thin.

I am 4 years out. I am at goal. I feel alive and energetic and really extatic that I don't ever have to diet ever again.

I have loosened my band in the past year. I can eat more roughage and my weight maintains at goal within 5-10 pounds. I finally feel free.

Let us know how your consult goes.

Paula