Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jammin January '07 Bandsters

I should clarify..up a pound...not all of it. I was pretty stressed all weekend as our pump went out and we had no Water for two days, plus spending a bunch of money on a new pump, when it turned out it was a 38 dollar relay switch..duh.

Anyway, I thought that with the TOM thing, I'd drop more..but that didn't happen so I have to get after it.

Alls well...the pound dropped off and I'm on track. I'm trying to think of a way to convince my DH that we should get a weight machine of some sort for the winter. I am reading that cardio does little for weight loss and it is all about building muscle. So, just thinking. Have any of you done that chuck norrise total body thingy? What kind of a workout does that do for you?

Doing well here. I need to get motivated to add back in some exercise. Had a friend in town last night and ate whatever I wanted and had a few drinks...but the scale didn't talk back to me. I'm going to really watch what I eat today just to keep on track. I like how I feel in my determination these days. I wonder why it comes and goes, and why it stayed away so long? :thumbup:

Hope you are all doing well!

Hello all, so sorry I've been MIA. I need to catch up on all the post.

I went to my band doc a few weeks ago (10/29/09). I told him about my fear that I might have a very slow leak so he decided to test it. I had to go back in on 10/30 and he completely drained me out and added the contrast to it and he could not find a leak anywhere. He thinks I just have a very fickle band. Anyhow, he filled me back up and added a little more, but I swear I feel wide open now. I'm starving all the time, I feel absolutely no restriction. Very very frustrating.

I am going today for a fill again, so hopefully I can get some restriciton. I haven't stepped on the scale because I know it will make me cry. I know I've gained, I've been eating like a horse.

I know one thing I've realized, I cannot live without my band!

I will try and post later..............

PS - on a good note, I don't have a leak!

Edited by Sunshine2

How Frustrating Tonya. But I admire you so for keeping after the band and fills. I have a mind set that it is on my shoulders now. I don't know if that is right, but that is where I'm at now. And good news that you done have a leak. I don't get that you feel so wide open. Maybe you are eating too much slider foods?

I found that I eat "normally" over the weekend and put on what I lost over the week...how does that seem "fair!" Wahhhhh. I want it to be easy!

How Frustrating Tonya. But I admire you so for keeping after the band and fills. I have a mind set that it is on my shoulders now. I don't know if that is right, but that is where I'm at now. And good news that you done have a leak. I don't get that you feel so wide open. Maybe you are eating too much slider foods?

I found that I eat "normally" over the weekend and put on what I lost over the week...how does that seem "fair!" Wahhhhh. I want it to be easy!

Yes, very frustrating.

I know what you mean about slider foods, I need to focus on eating my Protein first. However, yesterday before he did my fill, he had me drink the nasty barium stuff so he could see how fast it was going thru my band, and yepper, I was right. I was wide open! Looked like I didn't even have anything in the band. He shook his head and scratched it and said "I just don't get it". So, he gave me 2.5cc's. And I do have some restriction today, I can feel my ice Water going thru when I drink it. So I'm happy about that! I tell you, I was one hungry girl when I had no restriction.

I agree with you, I think the rest of my weight loss is on my shoulders, however, I needed just a little more help from my band and I'm hoping this fill will help me out. So far so good, but I've been down this road before.

My doc thinks I have the most fickle band he has ever seen, and I hold the record for the most amount of fills he has ever had to to give.

I had eye enhancement done (Lasik) on Thursday - I had it done 2 years ago, however, my eyes have gotten worse so I had to have an enhancement done. I'm not supposed to exercise for a week, they don't want me lifting anything over 10 lbs and no sweat running in my eyes, I can't wear makeup either. But after my 1 week appointment on Thursday, hopefully she will give me the go ahead to get back to exercising!

I can't believe we are about to approach THREE YEARS with the band! :tongue2:

Hi All

It has been a long time since I have been here. I have lost a lot of weight and now I'm trying to keep it off. my band was to tight my doc took out 2cc and I started to eat like I didn't have a band gained 10lbs in one month trying to get back on track. When the band was to tight I couldn't eat hard foods and eat a lot of soft or ice cream and this went on for 5 months before I told the doc because I didn't want to be unfilled I lost 40lbs doing this it was not good weight lost and now for the first time since getting the band I have weight gain I'm trying not to think about it just get back on track but it is hard to stop eating the way I was when I was tight. The doc will only put back a little at a time so now I can eat and not feel full. I should have good eating habits after 2 years but I don't I now must write down what I eat and no more sweets. Thanks for listening I'm still down 150lbs and I want to keep it off. I was banded 01/07/08

Hello everyone:

I'm doing good in my opinion, but the Doctor has another one. See I'm only eating(drinking) 1 muscle milk-regular (300 calories) a day. I'm not hungry, and I just seem to have to much going on in my life right now to even force myself to drink or eat more. The Doctor told me Thursday that if I don't start drinking at least 2 muscle milks a day, he will take out my restriction and have to put me in the hospital. Yeah yeah I know but guess what I'm not listening...I'm a little slow in the head...lol. I'm just not hungry. I get in all my Water and sometimes more, depending if I'm in class or not. I'm back to running since the stress fracture and I'm loving it. I'm happy for that because running keeps my mental stress to a lower level sometimes. I learned one thing though when the Doctor asks how you doing, don't unload on him because then they want to give you pills and a phone number to another doctor. I'm not crazy...just stressed with life like everyone else exspecially this time of year...I hate the holidays and always have, my husbands family are mean and nasty people. Thank god I can't have Thanksgiving with them because I will have to much homework, so I guess you can say I'm Thankful for homework...yippie!!!

Where is everyone? I'm plugging away. I gotta get my discipline back after the Thanksgiving holiday. I do have some good news...insurance finally approved the breast reduction..they day after the surgery was scheduled..so I've rescheduled it. I need to call them cuz it is pretty fuzzy on how they worded the approval. Need to pin them down.

How is everyone doing?

Well I doing better!!! I'm now able to eat things that should never touch my lips, so I have to go in and get a fill. The stress is still high, but I only have 2 weeks left of class before I get a break for a couple of weeks. Haven't had a lot of time to run, and it makes me crazy to not be able to do that. I didn't have to go to the in-laws for Thanksgiving, not because of homework, I had the flu that whole week, so I guess you can say I was thankful for the flu. Now I need to get whatever is going around for Christmas, so I can miss that also.

Sula, congrats on the insurance news! I know you are so excited!!!!!!!!!!!

Ladyroz - Wow, congratulations on your tremendous success! You should be very proud of yourself!

Confused - Stress can cause a lot of emotional eating, I do know that for sure! A fill should help you out though.

As for me, still pluggin away, I've been at the gym pretty much every day since Thanksgiving. I put my scale up, I took my measurements and I am staying off the scale until 12/14 (about a two week progress). I'm focussing on exercising and making good food choices.

I'm eating around 1000 to 1200 cal a day, I've been keeping track of everything I put ini my mouth. I have a journal I carry with me everywhere. This past week I was at the gym 3 x's at 5 am and 3 x's in the evening. So I'm proud of myself for doing that. I'm hoping the scale will budge when I finally weigh in about 9 days. :w00t: My plan is working out 6 days a week, 6 days of cardio and 3 days of strength training. I also am eating 4 to 5 mini meals that consist of 200 to 300 cal.

I do feel my clothes getting loser again, my size 8's were getting pretty tight and I was moving back to a size 10 so I got serious about my weighloss again. No more playing around for me!

I will try and check back in, life has been so crazy at work. Its our year end, so I've been so busy and no time to surf the net these days. It will slow down in January. I have been keeping my journal updated, but thats about all the time I've had.

I finally have some restriciton again, still not quite enough, but I do have some. I have ONE MORE fill appt on 12/28. This WILL be my last! It will be fill #20 and I'm done with them.

One thing I have figured out is my fill doc takes the fill out EVERYTIME to recheck it, he has done this almost everytime, and then he puts back what he took out and adds about .2 cc's more. Well, I always tell him I feel like I have less retriction after the fill. Weird I know, but thats how it felt. Well, after doing a lot of research, I find this is a common problem. A lot of band patients complain about this. In other countries they have quit taking the fill out like that unless the doc suspects there is a problem becuase when you take the entire fill out, it can reposition the band a little and then the restriction level changes. Well, it makes sense to me, because it always screws me up. The last few times he has not taken any out, and guess what, I'm getting that good restriction again. I'm glad he finally listened to me. I feel like I have a band again. I can eat chicken, steak, bread etc, but not much of it. I can eat more than 1 cup of food or more than 4 to 5 oz. I do find myself getting hungry after 3 hours, so thats why I feel like I need to be a tad tighter. Not too much tighter, but a tad. But I do know that I don't eat near like I was and I don't find myself grazing for food every hour like before. So I'm grateful for the restriction that I do have. I'm so close to that sweet spot!

I hope everyone else is doing good.

Edited by Sunshine2

Hello everyone, just swinging by to say Happy Monday.

I finished 1 week of exercise (made it 6 days this past week for a total of 8 hours at the gym!). I had clean eating all week, had a few Cookies yesterday, but besides that, I did great on my eating.

I managed to stay off the scale ALL WEEK, I am not weighing until next week. I'm happy with myself for staying off the scales. I'm hoping to see some progress, so we'll find out next week.

I am scheduled for ONE MORE fill, 12/28, i've decided no more after this one, if it doesn't work, I'm going back to my surgeon and let him know that something is not right. My surgeon and fill docs are different doctors and I haven't seen my surgeon in quite some time. So we'll see what happens with my next fill.

I hope everyone is doing good.

Sunshine, you are an inspiration. I'm struggling...christmas cooking for gifts, my downfall. But not too far over the top. Need to get to working out...that is next on my agenda..get my workout room put back together and get after it.

The hubby built me a workout tent sort of room in the garage, sharing the space with the harley, because he always keeps heat in there for the harley. I guess I should be nice and say thank you for sharing his space with my treadmill, but he told me don't get crazy and fly of the back of the treadmill because I would knock over the harley. Even with heat it's cold getting from the house to the tent. I call it a tent it's a room, the size about half of our 2 car garage with plastic walls that way in the summer we can pull the harley out and take down the whole thing till next winter. I wish Santa would bring me a bigger house so I could have a room inside for me and my treadmill...not going to happen...well maybe when I get rid of my kids I will have a room to call my own...lol