Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jammin January '07 Bandsters

Wow, so inspriational to read your posts. I would love to have a rockin body...but probably not going to happen. I like the musclesI have now...but need to get more. I have been battling with some down thoughts regarding being able to run. That was my goal..but after doing it hit and miss this summer, my body just won't take it. I'm having some back problems and running isn't helping it. So, I'm walking...which I love!!

I'm torn on the fill issue...Tonya, you're so good about it. I am afraid of getting to full and having a problem. Keep me informed on how you do with this last one..cuz I'm considering one more. They said I have a 1/2 cc or so go to be full...whatever that means...but those fractions maybe will make a difference.

I'm doing okay..but I have my binges on white chocolate...my bad. I haven't lost an oz tho...don't know what the magic key is...but I'm keeping on.

I'm with you Sula on running. My DD is a runner, she is only 17 but loves to run. I would love to running with her but my knees won't take it. My doc said absolutely no running or I will be having another surgery. I love the elliptical, I feel like I'm running but without all the pounding on my knees. I just need to do more of it!

My daughter is doing a 5K run in a few weeks and her goal is to do a marathon. she has the cutest little figure too and can eat anything. But she works it all off by running all the time. Makes me so jealous. lol. I'm glad she got her Daddy's genes and not mine!

I will keep you informed on my fill, I hope its not too tight, but so far it seems to be okay. I haven't tried eating anything tho. My fill doc gave me a new set of rules they started giving their patients after a fill, he said to stay on liquids and soft foods for three days then I can gradually go back to foods. I'm going to stick with the rules. In the past I went straight from a fill to eating whatever, so we'll see how this goes.

I would love to be a body builder too, not a huge one, just a little. I want to see more muscle definition, but first I need to get rid of more fat. grrrrrr. Thats the hard part!

I went to post my fill information in my blog, I just realized this is actually my 15TH fill! wow, I've had a lot of fills in the past 2 1/2 years! The good news is I haven't had a fill since November of '08, so hopefully this fill will take me to my goal weight!

ha! I think I have you beat on fills, T! I have totally lost count at this point. :w00t:

Speaking of fills, I just got my band drained yesterday. 13 weeks pregnant and I haven't gained a pound! If I wasn't preggo, I'd probably be losing at a decent rate. However, I didn't feel I was getting adequate nutrition, so no fill for me for now. I'm still planning on weighing every day because I really want to keep gains at a minimum. I should probably food log too. We'll see. LOL!

Juno - hehehe, I feel for you if you have me beat in fills. No fun! lol.

I am an accountant so I track EVERYTHING. I'm such a "spreadsheet" person, it drives people nuts. I have my weight logged for the past 20+ years, I can tell you what my weight was at pretty much every age of my life. Almost everyday of my life.

I have tracked every fill, every weigh in, etc. I do enjoy going back and comparing different things. Its funny when I look back at my weight at 19 and I read my notes, I was at 135 and totally disgusted with myself for letting me get to 135. lol. Oh I would kill for that number again!

Funny how we are never Happy with ourselves, or at least I was never happy with my weight, no matter what I weighed. I vow to be different, I vow to embrace the new me and be happy with my body - I'm just not there yet. (I'm doing it again, arent I). Okay, I'm happy with my loss so far, I just want to lose more. lol.

Okay, I'll quit rambling.

Hey, where is everyone? Just checking in. So far the fill is perfect, I notice a big difference when I drink Water. I also notice I'm full a lot quicker, but as always, I can still eat just about anything. No need to chew, chew, chew either. I just eat and swallow like normal. However, I got full on juut a few bites. Yay!

I wish my restriction would stay like this, but come around 8:00 pm, I'm wide open. I am so hungry and can eat a lot more. I'm trying to focs on eating just Protein in the evening and see if that helps with the hunger.

Talk to everyone later.

I'm here! I've lost another pound after getting my band drained. How wierd is that?!? Heck, maybe I'll come out of this pregnancy a couple pounds less than I started!

Here's what I'm doing today: Woodward Dream Cruise

Juno - maybe I should get prego, maybe that would help me drop a few pounds. lol. I guess it would be medical miracle if I got pregnant since I have no uteris. lol

The dream cruise looks fun!

Speaking of cruises, we got ours booked for next year, leaving July 17th for an 8 day cruise! That give me approximately 11 months to be in the best shape of my life!

So far my fill is doing good, not too tight, but I notice full a lot sooner and I have had to slow down a few times while eating, thats not normal for me either. So I'm happy so far. I hope it last.

Exercise, still spuradict, trying to get it more regular and still working on it. I have a plan for next week, so we'll see if it works.

I'm taking the day off from work tomorrow and guess what I'm doing? NOTHING! I am going to have a ME DAY - just hanging out at my friends house and her pool. I want a relaxing day for a change.

Eating has been great, weight is stalling, bounced back up to 166 - then I'm back down to 163 as of this morning. Makes me so mad! I want back into the 150's and I want to reach my goal of 145 darn it!

Okay, gotta run.......will check in later.

I've been hiding out and eating like a pig. What is going on with me, I don't know. I feel really out of control. I'm going to try to take the reins in today and get my butt in gear with the eating.

Good morning. I've been up at attem..did a four mile walk with hills. I'm going to try to get serious. I can't believe how I've been eating...when I'm not hungry or anything. Sheesh...it is like I've lost my mind.

Sula, good for you on your walk!!!!

I'm with you on eating, sometimes I just go temporarily insane with my eating.....I do great for awhile and then just lose it, start eating anything and everything. The key is, jump back on the saddle and try and try again.

Good morning bandsters.

All is well here, altho I'm not doing much in the way of weight loss...I'm staying active and trying to eat good, but it just doesn't seem to be enough to make the weight come off. I must really need to exercise to a greater degree, but I can't seem to get that done. I'm hoping maybe a pouch diet in a few weeks will kickstart me again.

I'm headed to canada for a week to run my dog against the "big boys" in a couple of championsihps, so I'll be gone all next week..Saturday to Saturday. Should be fun, tho.

Then I have a doc's appointment to start the process again for a breast reduction. I'm gonna give it another go!! They want to take so much out (per insurances policy) but I've decided that I'll be okay with a B cup. My boobs just drive me crazy!

Sula, have fun in Canada! My DH is leaving for canada on 9/25 - going goose hunting. He goes every year. He love the canadians and love the air in Canada. I've never been.

Wow, breast reduction - you really going to do it this time? I'm jealous. Not that I need a breast reduction, but I would like them pulled up and put back in place. lol.

Okay, I had fill #15, had great restriction then all of a sudden LOST EVERYTHING, I felt like I could eat a horse, and I basically did. Stepped on the scales and was back up to 170! ouch! Went in for fill #16 and I told the doc everything, this time he did not take one drop out, he just added 2/10ths of a cc's and I have great restriciton again.

Lets see how long it last before I get too excited. I'm so tired of these darn fills, I teater totter around the same 10 lbs for a freaken year now! Makes me so mad. My clothes are all tight right now, it makes a big difference in my clothes to gain weight. I'm out of my size 8's and wearing my size 10's again. We'll see how this fill does, and if I lose restriction again, I feel like just giving up and throwing in the towel, I know thats not a good attitude, but thats how I feel.

I need to get to the gym, exercise has been very minimal lately, I know I need to do something, just unmotivated these days. Maybe the fill will jump start me some weightloss and that will re-motivate me, maybe ?? I can only hope. lol.

Okay, off to work I go......talk to everyone later.

Hi everyone,

I haven't checked in for a long time. I was having so much trouble with acid reflux I had to have all fluids taken out of the band. My esophagus was all inflamed and distended, I was miseable. Well, long story made short I have gained back almost all my weight. Can't walk too much because I fell down with my knee replacements and I have a small tibia fracture under the knee appliance.yeah!

My insurance no longer covers fills or any weight loss surgery. Dr. gives me a discount but it's still 150.00. To tell you the truth I'm afraid to have fluids put back in, but I know I'll gain back every pound if I don't.. We were talking about the whole by pass surgery but without insurance coverage I think that is now out.

Your opinions would be appreciated..

Thanks,

susie-q

:)

Wow susie, Did your insurance just quit covering? Or did you get new insurance? Just curious? Did it used to cover the fills?

I think getting to the sweet spot is so hard, IMO, its been so difficult for me to get there. I just had fill #16, and I had great restriction, but then the swelling goes down and I'm lose again. Not sure what to do either. I still have restriction, but now as much as I want.

I have had the acid reflux a few times, but it does go away when I don't eat late or don't eat a heavy meal night. I know how horrible it is the few times I've gotten it and I was so misserable trying to sleep. So I do feel for you.

Everytime I get lose, I put on about 10 lbs, luckily I am able to get in for a fill and lose it again before I get out of control. Its so hard. If you could start out slow, I think that would be good - I understand the cost though, I don't think I could afford it without insurance. I would take the fills slow and try and find the sweet spot, make sure you don't eat 3 hours before you go to bed. See if that helps.

Hang in there, I'm glad you checked in with us, I have been thinking about you and how your doing.