Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jammin January '07 Bandsters

9 more days of the walking boot, Stress fractured the tibia. I have been in the boot for alittle over a month almost and I'm missing the exercise. I want to run so bad. I know that I have to take it slow, but I just want to run.

Deb - that is pretty good price. I am going to start going to some consultations in January. I will see what they say. I have a quote from a doc in Mexico, and it was $5100 for TT and Lipo in my thighs. And I would have to pay for airfare to Cali.

Confused - yes, take it easy. You don't want to injur yourself further, I know its hard, I was on crutches for 6 weeks after my knee surgery and couldnt do any exercise for 3 months. Now ive torn my rotary cuff and and its been 6 months and it still hasn't healed completly.

Sunshine - You have really been thru alot! Hope your rotator cuff heals soon my brother is having surgery Friday on his both of his are giving him trouble but they will only do one at a time.

What is your band filled to now, I think I still need a very small fill I go in the first part of Nov to see the doc. Have a great night!

HI Ladies,

Sounds like you are all doing well. I'm trying to get back on program. Good moments and not so good, but I do feel like I'm eating less. I haven't gone in for the fill yet...I guess I am afraid..but I see that Tonya has done well in spite of being so tight at first...so maybe I can do it.

Sunshine - You have really been thru alot! Hope your rotator cuff heals soon my brother is having surgery Friday on his both of his are giving him trouble but they will only do one at a time.

Well, I've had my share of surgeries - In the past 4 years, I've had a total of 8 surgeries. Four on my arms alone, I have some major nerve damage in there. This guy I work with calls me "HH". Stands for Hospital Ho - he said I've done been in every hospital bed there is. lol. I take it with a grain of salt and I'm hoping losing weight and getting into shape will keep my body from falling apart any further. :)

What is your band filled to now, I think I still need a very small fill I go in the first part of Nov to see the doc. Have a great night!

I believe its around 3.9cc, my band is a 4cc band. It might be a tad over 3.9, but I'm pretty sure thats where it is. I've come to the realization that the band will never be consistant for me, the restriction level that is. Mine changes on a meal to meal basis. In the evening, I'm a lot looser, so I really have to watch my Portion Control, and i'm perfect during the day.

I've also noticed that about 1 week or 10 days out of the month, I'm very loose. I think this is when I would be having my monthly, however, I had a hysterectomy and don't have those any more. I still have my ovaries, so I still have the hormonal thing, so I think thats why I still have the same symtoms. I think when I'm loose, is when I would be having my monthly cycle and even though I don't get them any more, my hormones still go thru the cycle.

I think that I really need to focus on me making better choices, and exercise. The band will keep me from going too crazy, but its not going to take me to goal. I'm going to have to do that by eating right and exercising.

The band has a mind of it's own! Mine does the same way Sunshine, it give me good restriction during the day, but by evening is very relaxed. I've been doing a lot of slider foods lately and really need to stop, such a bad habit. I have a 4cc band and it's at 4.2 but could be a little more, almost afraid to do that this time of year with flu and stomach viruses. But we'll see what the doc thinks in Nov.

Hope everything is going well!

I agree my band is snug one day and less snug the next. I also go through the 1 week thing, that's where I really have to stop and think about what I'm putting into my mouth at that time, because I want the stuff like ice cream and junk.

I thought it was just something that I noticed, it's nice to know that I'm not the only one.

Okay, how is everyone doing? Me, eating is good and I'm trying to make exercise a more consistant part of my life. I did great last week, but this week, not so good.

I'm setting my alarm to get up in the morning, I've packed my lunch, so I have a plan and will stay on my plan.

How is everyone else?

Confused - are you out of the walking boot yet?

Debbie - how are you doing with the "slider" foods?

Sula - how are you? Back from Canada?

Susie - where are you? How are you doing?

Juno - Whats up girl?

Yep out of the walking boot and even ran a couple days last week. Easy runs slowed down the pace and I feel great. Just now the weather here in Indiana is turning cold and I'm very cold blooded and hate trying to exercise let alone move when it's this cold. It must be my loose week because I'm eating all kinds of stupid stuff and have add a couple pounds...I call it Water bloat...it will be gone next week.

Thanks for asking about the leg, I'm fine just trying now to find my motivation, and trying to figure out how to place me back in the equation of life.

Back from Canada, then a local trial, then first day of hunting season in eastern part of the state and then a colonoscopy!! All is well!!

I'm getting on track today!! Well, in a weird way, the liquid diet for the colonoscopy has given me incentive. Don't ask me why but I think it is because I proved to myself, again, that I can eat according to the rules. And that is what I'm going to give a try here.

Also, a friend of mine has been on nutrisystem for 6 weeks and lost 20 pounds. So I was checking into it, about ready to order it and then had my aha" moment. Isn't our program all about portions, eating properly etc? Why don't I save the money and just eat what I'm supposed to eat. Our food is better anyway!! Duh..sometimes I get so crazy in my head, it scares me!!

Anyway, I'll check in more often and catch up on the posts...I just want to say, lets go gettem!!

Hi Sunshine and fellow bandsters,

I'm doing okay, still have no Fluid in the band, letting the esophagus heal a little more. I'm actually afraid to go back to the band. That acid reflux was way wicked!

Can't exercise right now as I have a broken toe inside my foot. I'm in a knee high boot for that, tripped over a throw rug, duh! Also have a small tibia fracture from tripping and falling in a driveway, also duh.

I'm currently going to weight watchers and the pounds are coming off slowly but surely...

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Susie-q

Back from Canada, then a local trial, then first day of hunting season in eastern part of the state and then a colonoscopy!! All is well!!

I'm getting on track today!! Well, in a weird way, the liquid diet for the colonoscopy has given me incentive. Don't ask me why but I think it is because I proved to myself, again, that I can eat according to the rules. And that is what I'm going to give a try here.

Also, a friend of mine has been on nutrisystem for 6 weeks and lost 20 pounds. So I was checking into it, about ready to order it and then had my aha" moment. Isn't our program all about portions, eating properly etc? Why don't I save the money and just eat what I'm supposed to eat. Our food is better anyway!! Duh..sometimes I get so crazy in my head, it scares me!!

Anyway, I'll check in more often and catch up on the posts...I just want to say, lets go gettem!!

Thank you for slapping me around and giving me my aha moment. I say that because I see all those camercials and think I should try that or order this, buy that,...You are so right we don't need all those things...we have the best thing ever, and sometimes I think we all forget to use it to our advantage. Really though thanks for waking me up.

Susie...ouch..watch where you're walkin!!

I did the biggest face first flop while hunting...but didn't hurt anything. My DH pointed over at something...silently cautioning..and I thought it was a hole, so I was looking at it and struck my foot into a strand of barbed wire...lifted my other foot to clear it and balance myself and caught the toe in the wire. I did the most graceful fall...and laid there just cracking up. There was a time when I was heavy that I was falling alot..and hurting...It just struck me as funny!!

You are so right! I thought about ordering nutirsystem myself, mainly because of the convenience.

I do think 80% of weightloss with the band is us....our mind....our determination. Don't get me wrong, the 20% the band helps me, I could not have done it without it. The band has helped me control my hunger, to control the portion sizes. The part the band doesn't help me with is my choices. Thats all me. I'm the one that has to choose chicken breast over chocolate cream pie.

Sula - sounds like your back in control! Good-luck on the colonoscopy.

Hi Sunshine and fellow bandsters,

I'm doing okay, still have no Fluid in the band, letting the esophagus heal a little more. I'm actually afraid to go back to the band. That acid reflux was way wicked!

Can't exercise right now as I have a broken toe inside my foot. I'm in a knee high boot for that, tripped over a throw rug, duh! Also have a small tibia fracture from tripping and falling in a driveway, also duh.

I'm currently going to weight watchers and the pounds are coming off slowly but surely...

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Susie-q

Susie-q - you sound soooo much like me. Who do you know that has has torn their entire knee up while dancing? lol. 8 surgeriers in 4 years, yep, I'm a clutz.

I've been following Weight Watchers too. I'm not going to the meeting anylonger, but I'm following the program. Writing down everything I eat and staying within 20 points. Its easier for me than counting calories.

I'm glad your reflux is gone, I had it for awhile, but it left suddenly as it appeared. Weird. Haven't had it in quite some time.

I still haven't decided if i'm tight enough, I seem to always loosen up. I'm just going to try and ride this fill out and see how I do. I go see my band doctor next week and I will discuss it with him.

Well, stay in touch!