Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jammin January '07 Bandsters

Thanks Sunshine,

My job changed insurances. They say the medical center is in network but the dr they keep arguing about. I'm resigning this week as my son and daughter in law will be having a new baby soon and I volunteered to be their full time babysitter. So my husbands insurance doesn't cover weight loss surgery.

I didn't eat for 4-5 hours before bed. I was up all night vomiting. I slept in a recliner with no relieve. Dr. did fluro and said my esophagus was being damaged.

Thanks for your help!

Hey all, back from Canada and our dog, Hank was named Reserve Champion!! There were 48 dogs competing...american field trial stuff.

Didn't gain or lose a pound up there, even though I was very active. They fed us good, but I did seem to have quite a bit more restriction (also TOM).

Had my meeting with the PS yesterday. My original goal was to drop weigh this summer so they could adjust the amount of grams they would take out of each breast..that didn't happen. So, when I was talking to the PS, I explained that he originally said 500 grams per and the insurance requirements for my height/weight was 700...and he said if he had to appease the insurance co, he wouldn't do the surgery. That pissed me off, but I didn't let him know it at the time. He went on to say that he didn't deal in numbers..and I thought that is BS cause it is documented that he was going to take out approx. 500 grams. Some docs think they are gods, I swear.

I'm going to still follow through with the re-submittal to the insurance..have it planed for November 24th (the surgery that is) and see what the insurance says. I am scared to death to get a 20K bill from the surgery and don't really know how to deal with this. I'd love your thoughts on this.

This surgeon is highly regarded over here..but he rubs me the wrong way...and there isn't other options...I guess there is only one more in the state that does reductions....

I'm also going back to Canada for more dog stuff in two weeks, then I'm going to get another fill. Made up my mind. I'm still needing to get with this program.

You all seem to be doing so good....at least keeping after it.

Susie, hear you about the reflux. That happened to me and I had all my fill taken out for two weeks and all put back in, in two fills. (No insurance here for that stuff either..all out of pocket.) I think you should let yourself heal and then start back with almost the same amount. I had 8 cc's taken out and 7 back in on the first go. That is a crunch, btw...then a few weeks later the last cc put in.

Had my annual physical yesterday and all looked good. Am feeling good and strong these days. Altho I got a tetnus shot and my arm is limp!! HA

Sala - the good news on your trip is YOU DIDN'T GAIN. I aways gain, no matter how healthy I eat, I think traveling makes me old onto Water.

My husband leaves for Canada the 25th, he's so excited.

I ended up getting another fill on 8/31/09 - well It was tight, then lose, and today it is tight again. I'm hoping it just took a few weeks to kick in. We'll see how this goes. I'm tired of the scales these days, so going thru a phase where I am not weighing, I can tell I'm up, was out of town last week for a funeral, and well, the food was abundant and I took advantage of it. Didn't eat a whole lot, but ate all the bad bad stuf.

The past few nights I have survived off no sleep, was awake every 30 min caughing up fluids - it was coming out my nose, it was horrible.

Last night, I went and bought some Zertech D, took an acid reducer pill, and popped an ambien, I really needed my sleep!

Well, glad to say, I slepted until around 4:30 before I needed to caugh some stuff up. It was wonderful to sleep that long. Usually it starts by 11:30 and last every 30 min, I get no sleep.

I'm thinking I have so much drainage going on when I lie down, and I get tighter, there is no where for it to go. Everything that comes up is clear, there is no food in it, so thats why I decided to try a drying alergy medicine, and it worked, for the most part. I can handle sleeping until around 4:30, I get up at 5 anyhow. Waking up at 4:30 will help me get to the gym!

Anyhow, I hope it works again tonight, I'm going to do it again tonight and see how it works.

Okay, goals today, GET BACK ON TRACK!

Be very careful with the reflux stuff tho. Keep on top of it. And be careful with the ambien...or is it the ambien cr. the one where you get up at night and eat everything in the fridge?

Well, things have definetly gotten worse with my band being too tight.

I'm going to stay on liquids for the next few days and see if that doesn't calm my irritation down, I've had this happen before. If it doesn't, I might have to go in for a slight unfill.

I didn't know Ambien makes you eat? I dont take it often, I have the Ambien cr, I think my perscription is like a year old, I've maybe taken it 3 times, maybe 4. But so far, haven't seen a difference in my hunger.

How is everyone else doing? Anyone out there lurking?

Ambien CR is the culprit...people do things and don't remember them..eating is one. My sis in law got up in the middle of the night and got in her vehicle and wrapped it around a tree..got out, walked back home and got into bed. My bro got up in the morning and saw the car running, smashed at the edge of their driveway. Went back and laid into her...then noticed the goose egg on her forehead. She had no member of it at all.

I'm headed back to Canada for a long weekend of dog stuff...plan is, when I'm back, to knuckle down. Going to get a fill and my doc gave me a prescripton for fasten (a diet pill that was once part of phen fen) and see if I can't get the scales to budge. I will get back to working out as well, but for the next three weeks we are going to be so busy...but I'll try.

My band has settled down quite a bit now. I stayed on liquids/mushy foods all day yesterday, didn't eat past 6pm and exercised last night, I had NO ACID REFLUX. I got to sleep a full 7 hours!!!! I woke up feeling great!

I still am a bit tight, but not too tight at all, this might be perfect.....we'll see if it continues to get looser.

Now, I just need to keep my exercising up - not to get side tracked - and continue watching my portion sizes.

I'm headed back to Canada for a long weekend of dog stuff...plan is, when I'm back, to knuckle down. Going to get a fill and my doc gave me a prescripton for fasten (a diet pill that was once part of phen fen) and see if I can't get the scales to budge. I will get back to working out as well, but for the next three weeks we are going to be so busy...but I'll try.

My DH is leaving for Canada Friday - going geese hunting....He'll be there for about a week.

Have fun! :thumbdown:

Hey guys! Lots of fill troubles, eh?

I have some news for you! I'm expecting a boy this time!

And even better news -- I've only gained 4 lbs so far and I'm already 20 weeks. I realized today that I'm still 35lbs less than my delivery weight with Elena, and I highly doubt I can pack that much on in 5 months, so I'm feeling pretty good about things.

I've been keeping busy lately studying for an exam. I'm sitting for the EEG registry exam on October 8. It came up fast! So that's why I haven't been around too much. Once I get past that, I should be able to relax.

Well, my fill is back to normal now. No problems, so far I don't think I need another one, so I'm going to just monitor it and hopefully this one will help me get to goal!

JUNO - CONGRATULATIONS ON HAVING A BABY BOY!!!! Thats cool you will have one of each, I have a boy and a girl and so happy it worked out that way. You have done great on your pregnancy, did you get a complete unfill? I can't remember?

I am still working on getting my exercise in, a miss and a hit here and there, I know I need to be more consistant. Eating has been pretty good. I just finished reading Mahamad Ali's daughter's book, "Fighting Weight", she had the lapband. It was a good book. She looks great and hit her goal, it took her 3 years, so I was kinda glad that I wasn't alone. lol.

I also read Dr. Duc Vuong's book, Ultimate Lap-Band Success. It was also good and informative, made me realize I am not a failure and the band will work if you use it, the band doesn't fail you, you fail the band.

Anyhow, I need to eat my Protein more and make sure I eat it first!

Haven't been on here in ages! But time now to get started again. Hoping and knowing this will motivate me again by making me accountable to someone (all you guys)! Had PS this past January and feel great but feel like now I am sabatoging myself by eating all the wrong foods. Help!!! Need to get back on track, I can see the old eating habits coming back (scared).

Starting fresh tomorrow with protien and exercise! Wish me luck, my will power seems to have gone out the window and not using my band as the tool that it was intended to be.

Hope to be talking to everyone a lot!

Debbie

Banded 1/8/07

fill 4.2

235/159/145

hey Debbie, glad to see you online. I agree, its so easy for the old eating habits to start creeping back on us, I know its happened to me more than once. Especially my emotional eating, I really have to watch that. Too bad the band doesn't fix our thinking.

What PS did you have? I am really wanting a Tummy Tuck next year, or my arms done, or my thighs, I can only have one I think because of the cost. But we'll see what needs it more. lol.

Hey, Sunshine Dr. Melinda Haas in Nashville, TN did my PS. I had a tt and breast aug and lift. She gives a discount when you do more than one thing. You might check on that when you talk to a PS. I would like my arms and thighs and neck done, but oh well I'll have to be happy just like I am. Think I'm done with the PS, but the whole experience was great, pain not bad, recovery easy!

Thanks for responding, I'm going to try and be on here daily so you guys can help keep me accountable. Today has been a good day feel like I'm on track, if night time does not get the best of me. That's when old habits sneak back in, think I'll hit the treadmill instead (that's my intentions).

Have a great day!!

Debbie

Banded 1/8/07

fill 4.2

235/159/145