Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jammin January '07 Bandsters

I hate working out anymore because after I run my legs seem bigger then what they were before, in other words my thighs on my jeans don't fit my thighs. I have now been told though that I have to get back into exercise. I had a fill last week, and they filled me to full, so I had to go back the next day to have an emergency unfill. I was so sick thought I was going to die. Now I'm so unfull, that food tastes so good, I have been eating everything that I'm not suppose to. I got a small refill yesterday. Was told to exercise not only my body, but to also exercise good judgement on food, and not to rely so much on my band. I hate being loose, I was at a good spot, and with a small bump of Fluid it would have been a great spot, but instead of a bump I got overfilled. So now I have to start all over again to get to that really good spot, I'm visiting numbers that I hated the last 3 times I seen them...so I guess I'm exercising again starting tomorrow. Ok my pitty party is over...thanks for listening.

I read something about that same thing, Jillian Michaels from the biggest Loser said when you work out a certain muscle group, you will seem bigger the next day, because your muscle absorbs Water or somethig like that, but it only last a few days and then you will see the reduction start, so don't give up girl!

It seems when you get overfilled, (I've been there 3 times now), it takes forever to find that good spot again. I've been trying to find it for over a year now and still not there. grrrrrrr. I told myself after my last fill - fill #20, I was not getting any more, but I'm now leaning toward just one more. I really am getting close again to that spot! Now that he quit taking all the Fluid out, and just adding some, it seems to be working.

Anyhow, my pitty party is over too!

Tonya, you are the best. I needed to hear your message and yes..lets get er done!! I am truly better off because I would be heavier than ever without my band. I think we will be successful because we are still trying. We did those other folks go? :mad:

It is important to me that I come here regularly and seek support..even if I just post to hear myself type!

Thanks guys..I appreciate you!

Well today is Wednesday and I ran on Monday, even lifted some weights. I hadn't exercised in so long I'm out of it. I mean I couldn't run the whole time like normal, couldn't breathe right either..But I kept going, and the weights I added because my arms need some special attention again. Well my arms are sore and I didn't do that many reps or that much weight. I will be back out on the treadmill tomorrow. I can't workout as regular as I would like because of my class schedule and within the next couple of months even that schedule will change. Well the 18th was my 3 years since my band, I texted all my friends and was like I'm not happy with where I'm at yet, but I am happy about where I'm not at. I'm happy that I'm NO longer 233.9 pounds and a size 20/22. I'm not at goal and I keep having to see numbers that I don't like..it never fails though because everytime I get a couple of numbers away from my goal I sabotoge myself and then go visiting places that I have already seen, that makes me feel bad, then I go back to being almost at goal and then the circle starts again. I still not the size that I was, and really I'm not the size that I wanted to be, I'm smaller...yippie! Now I'm working on the numbers goal.

Way to go Confused...hitting the bricks. I would love to get out and do that..I love to walk. But too dark in the country..altho the weather has cooperated. It was pretty nice out this morning when I went out to feed horses. But the weather is going to get colder tomorrow with possible snow on Friday.

Big blizzard this past weekend so I just hunkered down in the house. I don't know what it is about the weather..it can certainly motivate me and it can certainly shut me down. So, I guess I'm hibernating..but still eating..ha!!

Did a new workout on Monday...from the 10 minute trainer...whew..and I sore all over. I feel good sore, tho!

It is so cold here too. Two more weeks till I can exercise again! It's going to be interesting though -- being in bed for a week in the hospital really took a toll. I feel extra-deconditioned. I figure I'll start with Wii-fit -- something easy. As soon as it starts to warm up, I'll take my older kiddo out for a walk in the morning before DH goes to work.

Hello Band friends,

How is everyone doing? I'm just stuck in a place of no workouts. I will get back on the program...just not today. I'm TOM and everything is achy...an excuse I know..but so tired and unmotivated since about Friday of last week. I know everyone goes through it...I've had such a push at work for it seems like months that I ran out of juice. But I'm on the upswing.

How are the rest of you doing?

Hello all, I'm pretty much being a slug as well. I'm having a minor surgery on Thursday so I've been using that as an excuse not to exercise this week.

I won't be able to eat for about 7 days after my surgery, so I'm hoping that will help me lose some weight! lol.

I'm having some polyps cut out of my esophagus and my esophagus stretched. So, I will have to be on liquids for 7 to 14 days, depending how much swelling I have.

Anyhow, because of knowing that I'll be having surgery, I seem to be eating all the bad stuff.

I need to focus!!!!! I ran into a friend of mine the other day who had gastric bypass, she was so tiny and looked so good, made me a little jealous! Also made me realize I need to get my butt in gear and quit screwing around!

Confused - good job on running and lifting some weights! Keep posting and telling us about it, maybe you will get us all motivated.

Juno - so happy for you and your band babbies! I'm glad your almost ready to exercise again. Give yourself some time, they don't call it labor for nothing you know.

Sula - When I "used" to have TOM visit me, I always was so tired and so run down, there is no way I could exercise when TOM was around. So it will be over soon, and then you can jump back into the swing of things!

Okay, I better get to work, just wanted to check in with everyone. I'm really going to try and do better at checking in, it holds me accountable to post.

Tonya...I am thinking you are so tiny...you just don't look at yourself through accurate eyes. You're what, a size 8? That is tiny...isn't size 14 now the norm? I'm 16...on a good day!! I'm working to size 12..that is my goal.

Geez, I'm also motivated to liquid diet with you...maybe I can do more days than not..I have a party to attend on the 13th...but maybe I can get a jump start with you. Guess I'd better start with my self talk.

And...hope all goes well for you...it sounds icky..getting your esophogus stretched!! eeewwwww

Tonya...I am thinking you are so tiny...you just don't look at yourself through accurate eyes. You're what, a size 8? That is tiny...isn't size 14 now the norm?

Sula, your too kind. Yes, I'm a size 8, however, its not a true 8. It depends what designer I buy, I have even bought 1 size 6 bants. But lately I noticed my size 8 are a little tight. I think if I went to try on clothes today, I would fit more comfortably into a size 10, I just feel so fat and bloated.

Your right, when I look at myself in the mirror, I see all the imperfections, and I know thats a self image problem.

Also, I have read somewhere that the average size of a woman is a size 14. But I also know that 50% of Americans are overweight, so I don't think a size 14 is healthy. I know that for me, a size 14 I was still on my diabetic medicine.

I also still have sleep apnea and need to lose probably another 10 pounds in order to get off my cpap machine - another reason I am desperate to lose. I have also noticed lately, my sugar levels have gone up, so another reason I need to get down my weight.

A lot of the reasons I want to lose are vain, I will admit that, but a lot of it is also health. I'm not a spring chicken any longer and I can see what diabetes has done to my mom. She is very very very unhealthy and only 16 years older than me. She just turned 60, but acts like a 80 year old woman. It really makes me sad and makes me realize that I do not want to end up like her.

Okay, enough about me, how is everyone doing with the new year?

I just had my esophagus surgery and its going good. A little hard to be on all liquids, but I'm surviving. Thank gawd for Protein shakes. I've gotten addicted to Jillian Michaels Protein Shakes, they are really good.

Hope all is doing well and everyone, check in!!!! Let us know how your doing, good or bad, we want to know and we want to help.

Not too much going on with me. I need to get my self motivated again. Have been doing the self-talk and really have to get going. I'm having breast reduction surgery at the end of March and need to try to lose some more weight. I'm sort of at the same spot I was a year ago...those five pounds dancing on and off me.

I'm not giving up. Just not hard after it much lately.

Not too much going on with me. I need to get my self motivated again. Have been doing the self-talk and really have to get going. I'm having breast reduction surgery at the end of March and need to try to lose some more weight. I'm sort of at the same spot I was a year ago...those five pounds dancing on and off me.

I'm not giving up. Just not hard after it much lately.

I agree with that...I'm not giving up, I'm just tired of the fight...I'm so tired.

Confused hang in there you can make it to the end. we all have our good and our bad days you will come through this point and one day you will look back and smile:smile2: at how far you have come. One day at a time it took years for us to gain this weight and we are doing great getting it off now, we got the most of the weight off now to fine tone our bodies don't sweat the small stuff. I have lost 150lbs so far and now I go up 2lbs down 4lbs than up 2lbs I can deal with that a long as I don't go up 10lbs than I will have to go back to were I start and drink Protein Shakes go back to basic lapband 101 what ever it takes to jump start you back to loosing weight. Look at what you are eating write it down and keep it on the table so you can see it

good luck and God Bless Chin up you are doing great.

Roz:thumbup:

Confused hang in there you can make it to the end. we all have our good and our bad days you will come through this point and one day you will look back and smile:smile2: at how far you have come. One day at a time it took years for us to gain this weight and we are doing great getting it off now, we got the most of the weight off now to fine tone our bodies don't sweat the small stuff. I have lost 150lbs so far and now I go up 2lbs down 4lbs than up 2lbs I can deal with that a long as I don't go up 10lbs than I will have to go back to were I start and drink Protein Shakes go back to basic LAP-BAND® 101 what ever it takes to jump start you back to loosing weight. Look at what you are eating write it down and keep it on the table so you can see it

good luck and God Bless Chin up you are doing great.

Roz:thumbup:

I would do so much better if the doctor's assistant would just stop touching me. I'm not the weight that my tracker says. See back in January I seen the doctor, and he wasn't there so I had to see his assistant. She was like I will give you a small bump in the band and it should all be good, she overfilled me...so I'm still loose cause it was bad, maybe in March I will be able to get some of the Fluid put back in. This isn't the first time she did this to me, she did it so much in the first year and half that I had to have my port and tubing replaced. You say you wouldn't know what to do if you seen the scale go up more then a couple of pounds...I have seen it go up more then 10 pounds on more then one occassion due to the assistant. I'm tired of the fight and watching it all go the other direction...I'm looking at the easy way out(weight watchers, nutrisystem, etc...) anything...I have even begged friends to break my jaw just so I could have it wired shut...I will say this out loud to all of you...the doctor will be the only person touching my port and doing my fills every again. I was so overfilled that day that he was afraid my port had flipped because he couldn't get the needle in to get the fluid out, he really had to push the needle in harder...I'm still bruised and sore around my port.