Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jammin January '07 Bandsters

Did good eating (or not eating) yesterday..liquid proteid drinks for Breakfast and lunch. Then I did a lean cuisine and was wolfing down some chicken and got stuck....so all came back up eventually and I bagged eating. I'm pretty swollen this morning so I'm doing the liquid bit again. But that was my plan anyway..to get back on track with proper breakfasts to start with.

Colonoscopy was fine, they don't need to see me for 10 years...works for me.

Thank you for slapping me around and giving me my aha moment. I say that because I see all those camercials and think I should try that or order this, buy that,...You are so right we don't need all those things...we have the best thing ever, and sometimes I think we all forget to use it to our advantage. Really though thanks for waking me up.

I do the same thing! Every info-commercial that comes on, I almost order it. I think thats our old selves coming out, but we have a great tool already, no need to order other diet aids.

Thanks guys,

It was good talking to all of you again! Make it a great productive week. Oh by the way lost 3.4 this week with weight watchers! Yeah me...lol

Susie-q

:lol:

Hey everyone, sounds like alot of us think about the old dieting days! It's so tempting when you see all the commercials on tv. Just the other day I was at Walmart and saw the Jullian Michaels has a new diet aid out, had it my hand and was seriously going o buy it and remembered I really didn't need to do that. Old self just kicks in again, crazy how that works!! I guess that behavior takes time to unlearn, huh!?

Hope everyone has a good week!

Sunshine - yes the slider foods are becoming a little less tempting, but still need to get back to the exercise.

Way cool, Susie, keep up the hard work.

I'm sticking with it myself. Doing well. Hubby is gone for the rest of week and weekend, so that will help. Making a dinner dish that I can/will eat the remaining time. So, I think I might have a good start on some self-discipline!!

I'm amazing myself. The weight is coming off. I hope I can stick with it but it is really a motivation to see that scale moving.

I'm doing a Protein Shake in the morning with fruit and Fiber in it (we won't go there) and then I will treat myself with a skinny sugar free latte mid-morning, then I'm doing another shake. Yesterday I did Appleby's chicken and penne Pasta and a salad, very small portions...and then a lean cuisine and still dropped.

Today, lots of manual labor. I got a yard of road gravel and am going to fill potholes in my driveway/lane. We will see how long I can last!!

Sula - that is great! I know you are feeling good, its so great when the scale moves in the right direction! Lately is has been stuck for me, but I'm hoping it will start moving soon!

Susie - GREAT JOB! I know u are so excited, 3.4 in a week is so awesome.

Debbie - I've been seeing all the commercials on her new product and thought about buying it too, but your right, we don't need that stuff. Its all a waste of money. The truth is, we have to do it ourselves, no product is going to do it for us. We have to to make the right choices and stop when we're no longer hungry, bottom line.

Okay, this week I made it to gym 4 times, I am still striving to make it 5 times. Maybe next week. Baby steps I guess, but hopefully I will get to the 5 days a week.

Eating is pretty good, except Friday nights out to dinner. I seem to not eat that great, I don't eat much, just don't make the best of choices.

Okay, I'm off to eat my cabbage Soup I made. Talk to everyone later.

Stuck to it over the weekend for the most part. It was harder to not eat between meals while at home...at work I'm busier with clients so no munching in front of them!! I'm sticking with it for now..hopefully my resolve will keep on keeping on!!

Four times to the gym is GREAT!! Way to go Tonya...

Let get after it gang....

I know each of you have looked in your closet and thought, I have nothing to wear. Usually I can put together something each day...and I am pretty casual in my dress, but today I got stumped. I guess it is time to try to transition for the seasons and I need to get some long sleeved shirts, etc. Or maybe I'm just tired of the same ole' same ole.

What I'd really like is to be able to buy a whole new size...sigh. Someday!!

I know each of you have looked in your closet and thought, I have nothing to wear. Usually I can put together something each day...and I am pretty casual in my dress, but today I got stumped. I guess it is time to try to transition for the seasons and I need to get some long sleeved shirts, etc. Or maybe I'm just tired of the same ole' same ole.

What I'd really like is to be able to buy a whole new size...sigh. Someday!!

I have the same issue because I only purchase a couple of things to get me through. Like I have 2 pairs of jeans that I like, a couple of long sleeved shirts and that would be it for winter wear. I don't purchase a lot of anything because I know that I will just be another size in a couple of months so what's the point. When I purchased all my nursing scrubs, I bought drawstring pants.

I did go buy some new sweats cuz I haven't done any since before the band..almost three years ago...the old ones were just how sweats were supposed to be...big, baggie and full of holes, and let me tell you, I was quite attractive in them!! I also bought a new sweater to wear to court tomorrow...I'm a witness..not in trouble. Well, I guess not really a witness, but a professional regarding someone's ability to parent, or Not parent, as in this particular case.

It is sort of like school shopping for the new year, but I never got that part done due to just being so busy and also, so many things to me are just ugly this year....it sort of goes that way sometimes.

I had given up wearing makeup even when I was bigger. I would only wear it when I had to go somewhere like doctor's appointments, and things like that. I went finally one day last week just to purchase 1 eyeshadow color, that's all I wanted. The lady offered a complete makeover, so I said sure. I'm so glad I did. I loved how I looked, and it was so simple and easy that I can even do it at home...and I do. Tell that moment I think I was just trying to blend into the background of life. I now look at me and think I'm pretty. My 17 year old daughter calls me hot momma now. My husband didn't like the makeover, to made up for him, but now that I do it myself it's not as cakey and thick as it looked when I got home that day.

I did go buy some new sweats cuz I haven't done any since before the band..almost three years ago...the old ones were just how sweats were supposed to be...big, baggie and full of holes, and let me tell you, I was quite attractive in them!! I also bought a new sweater to wear to court tomorrow...I'm a witness..not in trouble. Well, I guess not really a witness, but a professional regarding someone's ability to parent, or Not parent, as in this particular case.

It is sort of like school shopping for the new year, but I never got that part done due to just being so busy and also, so many things to me are just ugly this year....it sort of goes that way sometimes.

I purchase alot of fitness clothes. I find it easy to purchase fitness clothes because I know what I like and what I want them to do. Just like I like buying scrubs for work, I know what I like. When it comes to real clothes I have a small problem with that. Just a couple pairs of jeans and sweaters at a time. I have more shoes of all styles, handbags, fitness clothes, and scrubs, then anything else in my closet.

The scale is still going down..in spite of TOM starting and having a small chocolate binge late in the day yesterday.

I grabbed the wrong size bottoms in the sweats, and they are a bit tight..I like em baggier so I'll return them tomorrow.

I think it is great that you've made yourself up. I tend to not wear much on weekends but usually do during my workweek. I think I look a little less blotch and pale. I have a friend who won't go anywear without makeup. We were roofing their home last year (group effort) and there was was with eyeliner and all. I like being comfortable with or without.

Your weighloss is terrific..way to go Confused!

Up the scale went....just too much food over my weekends, even tho it wasn't bad food. I guess I just can't eat so much or shouldn't. Kinda discouraging as it feeds into my fears that I can't eat "normally" and that I'll always have to have Protein drinks for Breakfast and lunch. Perhaps the "cure" is to work on building muscle so I can get there...(nothing new there, huh guys?). Anyway, I'm not discouraged as far as being motivated and committed and am back on program for the week....I just might have to stay more on program during the weekends. But I do have to say, I did watch my portions a lot more...so that is good.

How are you all doing? Time to check in!!