Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Givin' up the ice cream

Oh Ezma, if it helps keep you on track, WE ARE WATCHING YOU!! Thinner is better, healthy is good, we CAN do this!

RSG - I certainly can relate - aggravating does not BEGIN to describe it! You stated you were always hungry - is it possible a fill is in order? I know that you discussed this earlier; can you get one now? Fighting the addiction is so much harder if you have hunger as well. Being on the patch - that's good. I hope it helps.

Thinner - Stay away from Baskin and Robbins! 'Treats' are fine; it is when they become daily fixes that trouble starts.

Shelly - Dreaming of food? Egads, it's bad enough fighting the visual cues when you are awake (damned food network and advertisements), but when you start dreamiing of food, that's just horrid! Salty and crunchy - I'd suggest nuts, but I don't want my particular addiction to spread!!

Melolo - Good thing you and Ezma aren't neighbours!! No to the choc mint icecream, and make those 3 musketeers walk the plank!!

Avaemora - If you can go 'cold turkey' great. For most of us, by saying never again, we set ourselves up to fail. Allowing ourselves an occasional treat seems to work - most of the time.

Our group is growing; I hope our addictions are losing their hold! I can't say that's true for me, I still crave those salty, crunchy, tasty, flavorful, lovely nuts....................:rolleyes2::drool:

Well guys, I don't know what to do. I not only finished off the other ice cream but I bought more today. And, on top of that, I've been going thru an eating frenzy. Eating all kinds of stuff that I had pretty much eliminated from my diet. I know it's cause my husband and son are gone and I'm feeling like I have no one watching me. Plus it's like I'm free to work out all the stress and sadness I've had the last couple weeks since my husband's MRI on 9-9-08. God I hate cancer!!!!!!!! Ahhh, that actually felt good. Hopefully I can force myself back on track before they get home on Saturday. Healthy is good. Thinner feels better. Come on, chant with me.

Oh my goodness Ezma we have somethings in common. As a twice cancer survivor...I HATE CANCER TOO!!! Let me try to encourage you by saying get on track. Live and breathe in healthy, happy and positive thoughts. But still treat yourself. With my new addiction... I buy the bite size Three Musketeer Mint bars. It's still sinful but I consider it a little sin. Oh Yeah! I love Stephen King. Healthy is good. Thinner feels better. :rolleyes2:

Oh Ezma, if it helps keep you on track, WE ARE WATCHING YOU!! Thinner is better, healthy is good, we CAN do this!

RSG - I certainly can relate - aggravating does not BEGIN to describe it! You stated you were always hungry - is it possible a fill is in order? I know that you discussed this earlier; can you get one now? Fighting the addiction is so much harder if you have hunger as well. Being on the patch - that's good. I hope it helps.

Thinner - Stay away from Baskin and Robbins! 'Treats' are fine; it is when they become daily fixes that trouble starts.

Shelly - Dreaming of food? Egads, it's bad enough fighting the visual cues when you are awake (damned food network and advertisements), but when you start dreamiing of food, that's just horrid! Salty and crunchy - I'd suggest nuts, but I don't want my particular addiction to spread!!

Melolo - Good thing you and Ezma aren't neighbours!! No to the choc mint icecream, and make those 3 musketeers walk the plank!!

Avaemora - If you can go 'cold turkey' great. For most of us, by saying never again, we set ourselves up to fail. Allowing ourselves an occasional treat seems to work - most of the time.

Our group is growing; I hope our addictions are losing their hold! I can't say that's true for me, I still crave those salty, crunchy, tasty, flavorful, lovely nuts....................:rolleyes2::drool:

Tapshoes, do I really have to make them walk the plank.:drool:

LOL

Tapshoes, do I really have to make them walk the plank.:rolleyes2:

If the choice is walk the plank, or walk into your mouth....

If the choice is walk the plank, or walk into your mouth....

Ok! This is a desparate woman you're talking too... Can I make them walk the plank every other day and keep in mind they're bite size.:rolleyes2:

Ezma- You have so much to deal with right now, hon. I am keeping you and your husband in my thoughts. I gave into my icecream demon this week too...but it's gone now and I will just keep telling myself not to buy more.

Don't be too too hard on yourself, but if you feel like you can, remember you don't HAVE to eat the icecream just cause you bought it. When you feel up to it open the carton, pour some hotsauce in that icecream, then toss it in the garbage.

I love you and am sending healing wishes to your husband.

We are going to stomp that icecream into the ground. Maybe it will make a good fertilizer.

hey ready thx for the tip on the soybeans.......im am def goin to get some to try for later.....today is my one week check up even though it has been 9 days..lol.....i cant wait to get outta this house.......i am so not used to being home all day.....just ready to get out ......cant wait 2 c if the docs scale matches mine...lol.....at least ill be busy today and wont think about the munchies.......

Ok! This is a desparate woman you're talking too... Can I make them walk the plank every other day and keep in mind they're bite size.:girl_hug:

You only have 1 of them, right? You don't use the reasoning that because they are bite sized you can have 2 or more, do you? You can start weaning yourself off of them - every other day for, hmmm 1 week.

RSG - I just had a mental image of you and Ezma doing the 'ice cream stomp':lol:

OKAY everyone, let's hear the chant: We can do this. We are stronger than our cravings.

Again, and LOUDER

Thank you all. All of your kind words meant the world to me. I had a good cry and I feel like the wickedness has left me. I then did the most unbelievable thing to me. I poured hot Water on the rest of the ice cream and washed it down the drain. I don't know why but I had just gotten into a "Who gives a damn" mood and I felt horrible, both physically and emotionally. Thing that bothers me most is all the saturated fat in that stuff. It's almost worse than the calories. Deep sigh and I think I'm back on the healthy track. Gonna surround myself with health today and that should kick me back in gear. Once again, thanks guys.

Wow! I really admire you. I could never throw ice cream down the drain. That is why I buy the little weight watcher cups that are 140 calories or the sf fudgsicles. It's bad though. Sometimes I don't want real food, just one of those. I wish sweets made me sick like it does for the RNY people. I always turn to sweets when stressed.

Edited by Oregondaisy

YEAH, Ezma!!!

YEAH, EZMA!!! While you were stomping on your ice cream addiction I hope you gave cancer a good stomp too.

Tapshoes, the last mini musketeer I had was Monday and yes I did eat one once a day but if Ezma can stomp the ice cream addiction I can stomp the Three Musketeer Mint addiction. :girl_hug:

if Ezma can stomp the ice cream addiction I can stomp the Three Musketeer Mint addiction. :confused:

Supporting each other through our trials and tribulations, that's what it's all about!

Ummm, why do I now have the urge to do the hokey-pokey?