Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Givin' up the ice cream

Very well said Ready Steady. food does not seem to be my problem. I still eat really small portions but seem to have no willpower what so ever when it comes to sweets being in front of me. I did when I first got the band.

Today, one of our clients bought a box of chocolates for each of the girls in the office. I ate about 6 of them and gave my box to a co-worker. She put them in the lunch room on the counter where I could still see them. I put a sticky note on it that said "Denise is not allowed chocolate because she gained 7, count them 7 lbs and that is not good! with a sad face on it. I hope they are gone next week when I get back to the office. Some of the girls will be working friday.

I will enjoy myself. I deserve it. The thing is, thanks to the lapband I have learned that enjoying myself doesn't mean eating until I feel sick and having to go home and lay on the couch.

Eating for me now, is an enjoyable way to give me the energy I need to enjoy the rest of life. Life for me now is more than the time between my feasts. Do I forget this sometimes, yes. Do I forget it as often as I once did? No.

So girls, we are still fighting our addictions, but we are so much better, in evidence by the gazillions of pounds we have all lost as a team.

I love you guys and I'm proud of you

(((Victorious Valentines)))

You are a very sweet classy lady, RSG. Thanks for your post.

We ARE fighting our addictions; it is difficult sometimes to focus on the goal, but we are doing it.

VV's - WE CAN DO THIS!

May you have a lovely Thanksgiving.

ok girls todays the day

get out your bible your sage bush or candles what ever you do to chase away those demons ...today we are strong we can do this ....

ok that all i got

had small panic attack yesterday thinking of all the food and knowing everyone will be watching me ...

I ate too many brownies. Good thing they are going home with my daughter and SIL.

ok lets spill it ...the pie called to me all night long

i had a little today before work thats ok though i worked it off shopping this morning

I really freaked out when I got on the scale yesterday morning. I did manage to lose 3 lbs of it already. If I look at where I was at my lowest weight I am still up 13 lbs which really freaks me out. I am going to go back to what I did when I read the Beck Diet Solution. They have you make index cards and write down every reason you want to lose weight. You can put anything you want on a card. One thought per card. Then I carry the cards in my purse.

One thought would be "if I eat that one piece of candy, I will only crave more and soon I will not be able to button my pants. " Or Soon I will need to buy bigger pants."

I can make thoughts like that and post them all over my work area, and not keep junk in the house.

This has got to stop because I can feel myself becoming more and more out of control.

I am glad I have you guys and LapBAndtalk. I know you are the only ones who understand.

It really is insane isn't it? Why do we have this self-destructive behavior. I know I'm totally out of control and it's really starting to worry me. I'm so afraid of undoing everything I worked so hard to accomplish. Maybe it's just a holiday thing since so many of us are having the same problems. That or maybe it's a 9 month phase. Who knows. I'm just wishing for all of us to have a good holiday season with few pounds to lose a second time. Control, we can have it.

I see the dr. on Wednesday. I am really hoping he will let me have some of my fill back.

I went out to pizza with my daughter SIL and BF. I think I ate 4 or 5 pieces of pizza. It's like I have no band at all.

I gained back the 3 lbs I had lost. I am being good as gold today.

Where are all of you? I really feel like this thread is so supportive!

hi hun

im here im here

im no help ive been on the ice cream and Cookies for a few days ...but im still losing i have no clue why dont want to jinx it though...im just counting my calories...try to hold on my family is coming for the holidays and i told them just dont worry about me eating dont invite me to dinners i will come after they eat.. food is not that big of a deal to me anymore but i still love my junk food...cheetos and ice cream..i

You're lucky. If I eat junk but cut back on meals, I still gain weight. sugar/carbs make me gain weight even if I didn't eat anything else all day. It sucks. I did have some popcorn the other day then had a Protein dirnk for dinner and I felt really lucky that I didn't gain.

I'm right there with ya. The simple carbs pack it on me like nothing else can. I'm still eating all the wrong things but it's cut back a lot. Not much ice cream here but eating plenty of cookie. I'm finally off the scone kick...I think/hope. We can make it through the holiday season without completely bloating up!!!

I'm so worried my family is coming tomorrow...I've figured out 1 of my food triggers is being tired I work nights and sometimes during the day I graze ..so instead of grazing I think I'll have a nap...hope it works...I have to get back to a regular gym routine..I went 2x this week but I feel like I should do more..