Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Givin' up the ice cream

So I finally decided to give ice cream the boot, or at least keep it down to once a week. For the last 4 or 5 months I've eaten ice cream just about every night. It hasn't been a problem but I'm worried that it will be. So, hard as it is, I'm giving it up. Last night went fine, hoping to keep it up. Anyone else have anything that they are eating regularly that they know they shouldn't and want to join me in the boycott? :crying:

Emza, you and I are metaphysical twins! Your post is JUST what I needed, and at the exact moment it was needed most. I HAVE to give up my munching on nuts every freakin' day. I had them gone/finished/out of the house last week, and then somehow mysteriously they appeared in my cart at costco, and you know how heavy your cart is by the time you get to checkout, I just couldn't go back to the nuts aisle......

My nut consumption/obsession MUST stop, or at least slow down, so count me in! I will picket the pecans and peanuts, ban the brazils, and say adios to the almonds.

Will we do a complete ban? or a once-a-week allowance?

I'm thinking a once a week allowance is good. But if those wicked foods start creeping back in, out they go! Please, please, please let me remain strong. I know that's part of the reason my weight loss has slowed down so much and I really want to get a bunch more off soon. Another 40 pounds by Christmas would make me uber happy.

OK - once a week it is. If I have some tonight is that last weeks allotment, and some tomorrow is this weeks????

I'M JOKING!!! (mostly)

LMAO - Oh, I hear ya. And I so wish. I'm craving my mint chocolate chip. But I'll be good or I'll be stuck here for too long. Out damn chip!

OK Ezma, we are on. A once a week allowance of nuts for me it is.

Guess I will have to dig out some of bazillion craft projects I have 'in process' and keep my hands otherwise occupied for the last hour before I go to bed...that's my dangerous time.

Hey fellow VV's, anyone else in on this???

I'm not a VV, but can I join, too?

I have the ice cream....I've gotten the light kind, so at least I'm eating 1/2 the fat! But, I still want to cut down to nothing. As soon as I'll get strong, DH will buy some.

Grrr. So, I need to boycott ice cream in a big way.

Have you been picking in my fridge, Ezma? :tongue2:

Okay I have developed a coldstone addiction, and if they aren't open then I have discoverd the "Whirled Peace" from Ben and Jerry's is better than a shot of vodka for knocking out a bad day. OH and Cookies and cream taste really good for a combo chocolate craving/icecream craving.

I make a promise to only eat icecream once a week, and not the whole pint once a week, but a SERVING of icecream once a week.

Now stay away from the pickles, I am going to eat them, they don't have calories.

I too am an ice cream addict. I have eaten every noght to a point where I have eten nothing else. My Doc tells my I am a carb asddict. I do believe that. I am trying to kick the habit. I have bought sugar free pudding to misx with skim milk. Also, I have bought almonds plain to ewt when I want something crunchy. I have have a really hard time lately. I am helping this helpd. I don't want to be obese ever agan.

So because we can't have bread...we all want icecream.

I was a breadoholic. Seriously. A glass of milk and a loaf of bread and I'm set for the day, thanks.

Now when I need a fill I find myself buying Bagels and things.

Right now my greatest vices are mini bagel pizzas and of course...icecream.

But I am going on a low carb diet with gipson, or following gipson into the low carb thing anyway. They have low carb icecream...did you know that?

I make a promise to only eat icecream once a week, and not the whole pint once a week, but a SERVING of icecream once a week.

Now stay away from the pickles, I am going to eat them, they don't have calories.

Oh RSG, you discovered the loophole...that pesky 'serving size' qualifier! RATS!! This is going to be really difficult now - 1 serving of nuts only 1 night a week........but I can do this, I am stronger than my nutty nuts addiction.

I promise: from now until Hallowe'en, Tapshoes will have ONLY 1 serving of nuts, 1 night a week. I will be accountable to the once-a-week club (Ezma is the chair).

There, it is in writing...see that brain??? it is in writing, so just stop sending me messages, stop tempting me....or else!!!

Hey Glou! Hows it going.

:tongue2: Better today because it's Friday. I'm silly today, but feel like snacking. I am trying to not eat so much right now because the boss is taking the group out to lunch at Pappasitos (Yummy Mexican). Not sure what I'll order, though, since I'm at a good spot w/my fill....Tortilla Soup?

So because we can't have bread...we all want icecream.

I was a breadoholic. Seriously. A glass of milk and a loaf of bread and I'm set for the day, thanks.

Now when I need a fill I find myself buying Bagels and things.

Right now my greatest vices are mini bagel pizzas and of course...icecream.

But I am going on a low carb diet with gipson, or following gipson into the low carb thing anyway. They have low carb icecream...did you know that?

I did the lowcarb ice cream when I was on atkins...I think the fat content is higher/or as high as real icecream, though. Just low sugar. Is it the same?

I'd like to do the low-carb thing. It really works for my body type. I used to make mousse w/whipping cream and splenda and cocoa mix. I'd freeze it and eat that as ice cream. Mmmm....but it was very high fat. But yummy.

I am addicted to bread, too! One of my fav Snacks used to be soft white bread w/butter and maple Syrup.< /p>

Oh RSG, you discovered the loophole...that pesky 'serving size' qualifier! RATS!! This is going to be really difficult now - 1 serving of nuts only 1 night a week........but I can do this, I am stronger than my nutty nuts addiction.

I promise: from now until Hallowe'en, Tapshoes will have ONLY 1 serving of nuts, 1 night a week. I will be accountable to the once-a-week club (Ezma is the chair).

There, it is in writing...see that brain??? it is in writing, so just stop sending me messages, stop tempting me....or else!!!

LOL - I love that! Make the brain see the accountability! We wrote it! We said it! The brain can't trick us now!