Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Givin' up the ice cream

"I think I am stronger than my cravings on most days"

OOps I mean

I am stronger than my cravings.

LOL RSG - long time, no talk! 44 pounds, wtg!!!!!

I'm so glad I looked at this thread today. I was already planning to eat some ice cream cause I'm kinda down. Hubby had a new MRI today and it looks like he has a new cancer tumor growing. We knew it was highly reoccuring but it's still a shock. So I had justified that the world/universe/etc owed me some good stuff and I was gonna eat it. Then I saw me saying I was stronger than my cravings and damn it, I am! I'll find something else to make me feel good but it won't be ice cream.

LOL - no mint chocolate chip in the house anyway and coffee ice cream is good but not the same.

Ezma, I am sorry to hear of your husbands recurrence. :sad:Without wanting to pry, have treatment options been discussed? I will keep you and your husband in my prayers.

Good for you to resist the temptation. I made it through last night too! DH decided that we would have a small bonfire and sit outside (bloody cool enough for it too!), and so, the potential threat was averted...I was no where near the kitchen.

Whew! 3 nights down....

I made it through the night too. Woo Hoo!!!

Thanks for the prayers Tap. Greatly appreciated. And yeah, they did discuss it with us. Right now we have to wait 5 weeks to do another MRI just to be certain it's regrowth. They they will increase the frequency of the chemo he's on now and add a clinical trial drug. It's showing great promise so that's good.

OK Glou...how did you fare last night?

Ezma - this must be a very difficult time for you and your family. My thoughts are with you. I am a stress eater - a situation like this would send me scurrying for the nuts. I hope you can find a healthy alternative; keep the focus on health!

This thread is great! I thought I was the only one with an ice cream addiction. My friends Ben and Jerry have been getting me into all kinds of trouble lately. I haven't gained any but I sure haven't lost any either. I know it isn't the band that is letting me down, it's me. It's so good to know that I have friends that understand about Ben and Jerry.

Ezma, I'm parying for your husband also. I can't even imagine what you must be feeling but don't let it make you lose what you have gained over the last few months. (or gain what you have lost, whichever the case may be) Hang in there.

Hi SicknTired! :-)

I haven't had icecream in a week and a half. But I could kill for a cigarette right now. I haven't had one of those in three weeks, but my gym just really aggravated me.

I joined the gym through the hospital I worked at. I didn't realize I got a discount. I paid 30 apparently the fee was 55. So it's been almost a year and I have been 30 when apparently I was supposed to pay 55. Well I guess they just caught me and they have sent the left over to a collection agency. I found out called them, I was confused and angry. Now they are saying that they will take me out of collections but I have to pay everything, I am no longer a member because they cancelled my membership, and if I want to rejoin I have to pay 6 months of membership fees upfront. Which adds up to 350 dollars. Plus a 25 dollar installation fee. It is showing up as I am late with fees instead that I didn't pay the whole amount each month and they won't listen to me. It has a pool which is why I love that gym so much.

Now I'm angry, and have to find another gym that isn't full of size 2 blondes.

Dang it.

I could eat a whole gallon of icecream and smoke a whole carton of cigarettes right now. Thankfully I am at work and have neither.

Oh RSG, that really sucks! Is there no one higher in the bureacracy running the gym that you can talk with? Forking over that much money at once is just wrong; geez people, you would think they would want to keep a customer and find ways to meet in the middle.

So everyone, knowing that nuts are my 'forbidden fruit'...what would you do? A co-worker (none of whom know about my surgery or my nut addiction), is a real health fanatic - she takes fitness and healthy eating to a new level of weirdness (in my warped opinion)- she sits on a stability ball at her desk and does endless sets of ab crunches while on the phone...but I digress. Anyhoo, she just came to my office, and said (in a low voice), I've noticed you losing weight, and I know you are doing a lot more physical activity now, that's great. I thought I would show you my support." She then presented me with, you guessed it, a homemade Protein nut bar liberally covered with chopped nuts. I thanked her profusely, and suggested I would take it home to have 'later' (as in my nut night Saturday), but she says, No. I really want for you to have it as your afternoon snack - it will give you so much energy and we can nibble on them and walk the stairs at the same time. (that's right, on her breaks, she runs up 14 flights of stairs, walks down and does it again)

She means well, but ohhhhhh myyyyy.. :biggrin:

Ezma - I'm so sorry! It seems that our LBT family is hitting some hard times lately. I am thinking of you, and hope you pull through!

Tap - I've done really well! I sit there at night and I'm Jones'n for some ice cream, but since it's all gone and DH has been good about not getting more, I can't eat anything.

RSG - Bad gym! It's not Bally's is it? I had the same thing happen to me, sorta, where they hit me with a "haveto pay this much" before I could join again. I didn't, and the one I went to ended up closing down. :biggrin: Justice.

No smoking! My boss brought in Cookies that her aunt had made. They were rhubarb Cookies. I wanted to try them, but ended up spitting it out. The woman is a chain smoker and the cookies tasted like a cigarette. I used to smoke, but that was NASTY. So, it really turned me off from smoking. And, boss and her aunt never noticed because they're used to it.

St.Louis - Welcome! Ben and Jerry's is to blame for, probably my left thigh fat...possibly a right thigh...and 1/2 a buttock... :cool2: Sorry for the visual, but I'm weird. I like to look at what I'm eating and think, how much of this have I eaten in my lifetime? Where did it go?

No. I really want for you to have it as your afternoon snack - it will give you so much energy and we can nibble on them and walk the stairs at the same time. (that's right, on her breaks, she runs up 14 flights of stairs, walks down and does it again)

She means well, but ohhhhhh myyyyy.. :scared2:

Tap - I say trip her! :omg_smile: Is that wrong?

Ezma,

How is the hubby doing today?

He's doing okay. He amazes me with how well he has handled this whole brain cancer thing. I, on the other hand, took the day off today cause I was up crying most of the night. Think I've worked thru it now though. He keeps me going and keeps my spirits up most of the time.

Tap - I say trip her! :omg_smile: Is that wrong?

LOL - love your style SNT. I say "Do it! Do it!".

He's doing okay. He amazes me with how well he has handled this whole brain cancer thing. I, on the other hand, took the day off today cause I was up crying most of the night. Think I've worked thru it now though. He keeps me going and keeps my spirits up most of the time.

LOL - love your style SNT. I say "Do it! Do it!".

If nothing else, I am, at times, good for a laugh or smile! I hate that you and hubby are going through all that. It seems as if I am hearing 'cancer' way too often lately. :omg_smile:

It seems as if I am hearing 'cancer' way too often lately. :)

Yes indeedy, waaayyyy tooo many people experiencing the cancer phenomenon.

Yes indeedy, waaayyyy tooo many people experiencing the cancer phenomenon.

I thought I was just more aware of it now and that was why I thought there seemed to be more. Guess not. We know of 3 people with brain cancer now and before knew none. My husband thinks it's the Bluetooth devices. Could be that or the artificial sweetners. I really don't know and wish I did.

By the way, I made it thru another night without the ice cream. Yay!