Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Givin' up the ice cream

Michelle, even a small change is a step in the right direction. Ummm... What size bottle are you talking about? Regarding the 'packets' - If you are talking about Crystal Light or similar things, they are ok - but in moderation. It isn't so much the sugar that is the issue, but rather the abundance of the other chemicals that just isn't healthy. But all things in moderation.

RSG and Glou - I've missed your postings; I hope you are both doing well.

Ezma - I enjoyed my serving of nuts last night - and cursed and lamented that they were going to be put away again for another week! They were SOOOOOO good.

Hi guys. I've been fighting the ice addiction a lot lately. I do really well for 2-3 days, then it wins for a day or two. I know it's still better than it was before when I had it every day but I'd really like to kick this foul habit. One good thing is that I only have 1 serving left, 2 if I make them small. I won't be buying any more until next weekend since my son and husband are out of town until then. I can do it. I can do it.

Tap - you're really doing well. I'm so proud and trying hard to emulate you.

Glou, Ready, SNT, Shelly, leedor, StLouisGal, Bim - hope you're all doing well and fighting the good fight.

Michelle - welcome to the gang! Those packet mixes have zero calories usually but they do retain Water or at least they don't have the benefit of getting rid of water retention like straight water would. So if you're trying to lose some water weight, I'd stick to plain ole water. If you're just wanting to get rid of soda and want a decent replacement then, sure, they'd be fine. There are some pretty good flavored waters out there that have 0-40 calories per bottle. I like Metromint, Twist Naturals and the Fresh & Easy teas if you have them in your area.

Edited by Ezma

Ezma - keep up the effort! You can do it! Perhaps you should consider not buying icecream even when the family returns; do they know that this is your 'weakness'? Perhaps you can enlist their help in keeping the demon substance away?

:rolleyes2: hello all - I'm glad to see you all have been doing well, and welcome newcomers!

I admit I've been struggling. DH ate the last of the ice cream last night and he asked if I wanted any. I said NO THANK YOU. I was proud of me.

So, now it's all gone, life is mostly back to normal and I don't see the need for "comfort food" anymore.

DH is a big diet coke fan! I wish he'd drink more Water, but I can't say much. I'm also addicted to coffee. If I gave up my coffee for water, I think I'd do better.

But, one addiction attatime, right?

Welcome back Glou...I was wondering where you were, and how things were going. Glad to hear that your resistance is strong - Yeah!!! And yes, I think one addiction at a time is more than enough...incremental small steps.

RSG - Are you out there? How are you doing? I know you are trying for a double withdrawal - nicotine and icecream... poor thing! Have you started your yoga yet?

Ezma, how did you do last night?

RSG - are you out there?

Mhazelrigg - how is your diet coke reduction going?

Glou - no comfort food needed; great!

Shelley - are you fighting your craving?

Sorry. I've been so frustrated that I've stayed away. But I'm back.

A little bit of icecream and I am on the patch so it's going okay.

I just thought I would be so much farther along by now. It's depressing.

Because MY scale DOESN'T MOVE. I'm always hungry. I am just sad.

But Oh well.

I'm waiting for the yoga DVD still, the sellar on Amazon.com is kinda taking his sweet time.

I've also been searching craigslist for a decent bicylce. Does anyone ride? I found a big extra wide bicycle seat I will have to put on it because those skinny little seats would probably just give me a wedgie.

Thanks for looking for me you guys. Sorry I stayed away so long. It's just so aggravating.

I haven't read every page. Do sf fudgsicles count? I try to eat the weight watchers chocolate in little cups if I am going to eat ice cream.

It's 140 calories. I have hard time on tues. when Baskin and Robbins sells cones for a$1.00

I need to give it up too. It's all I want when I am in a bad mood which seems to be often lately. I gained 5 lbs in Arizona from Cold Stone which I haven't been able to take off since I got home. I am glad we don't have Cold Stone here.

hey tap thx for including me in the addiction group...lol......the ice cream battle i have been wining.....thank goodness......but i sure am missing having something salty to crunch on....last night i dreamed about crunching chips ......lol...wow how my dreams have changed since the band.....again i am sooooo glad to be included in the group!

Shelly- You miss that Salty crunch. I found something really good for that. Edamame, Soybeans. You can get them at a japanese restaurant or in the freezer section of most grocery stores. They are FULL of Protein and you steam them in the bag, throw some salt on them and you are good to go. They are somewhat crunchy, and they are just really tasty.

EDAMAME.jpg

Hi everyone,

Ezma, I feel you on the Mint Choc Ice cream. I can eat almost a half gallon in one sitting. I love it love it love it:lol: But I try not to buy it when I go to the store but it seems I've traded that addiction for another addiction by the name of Three Musketeers Mint. Oh My GOD! It's so sinful. Help me:rolleyes2:

Wow, this post was meant for me too! I have been not logging on to lbt because I have been hiding out, exercising infrequently, and eating ice cream. Shame. I never liked ice cream very much before banding, but it goes down so easy and curbs sweet cravings. As of today, I will no more depend on the ice cream!!!!!! Thanks everyone.

Well guys, I don't know what to do. I not only finished off the other ice cream but I bought more today. And, on top of that, I've been going thru an eating frenzy. Eating all kinds of stuff that I had pretty much eliminated from my diet. I know it's cause my husband and son are gone and I'm feeling like I have no one watching me. Plus it's like I'm free to work out all the stress and sadness I've had the last couple weeks since my husband's MRI on 9-9-08. God I hate cancer!!!!!!!! Ahhh, that actually felt good. Hopefully I can force myself back on track before they get home on Saturday. Healthy is good. Thinner feels better. Come on, chant with me.

Thinner, thinner, thinner!!! How'd I do? :rolleyes2:

Why do I keep thinking about Stephen King?