Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Givin' up the ice cream

Wow Tap! I am impressed. You have definitely shown you are the right person to lead us. That's amazing and inspiring willpower. Congrats!

What cha making? I really need to get busy with Christmas stuff too. I have no idea what I'm getting for anyone this year.

This year I am making x-stitched cards - quick and easy to do.

Sounds fun. I used to cross stitch but then it got uncomfortable on my wrist and I got old lady eyes. You'll have to post a picture of one on Ready's art thread.

I was such a bum yesterday. I took the LONGEST afternoon nap - what a bum!

And oopsies, didn't realize I'd used your exact same ticker for my days til surgery, Ezma....going to change!

Hey SickNTired!

We are about one month away!!:embaressed_smile: I copied your smashing pumkins motif, I love it!

No icecream since the Cookies and cream incident after the gym dropped me. :-)

A few puffs of a cigarette here and there since I got off my Patches, but I haven't bought a pack and I'm not going too.

I feel good. Now I have to work on Marcie to quit. She actually just got diagnosed with lupus so we are dealing with that, and it's pretty depressing.

Today I purchased from Amazon Yoga for arthitis patients (for Marcie, hoping it will help with the joint inflammation and keep her limber) and yoga for round people (isn't that funny) for me. Just because I always wanted to do Yoga but can't put my body in the positions that skinny people can.

I'm doing good with my icecream. I find if I don't buy it, I don't eat it...so I just have to remind myself (sometimes over and over) not to buy it.

Glou- my gym was with a hospital, that I actually used to work at. But foo on them, I am going to buy a bike and start walking and doing my yoga...and I might even do the yoga in my UNDERWEAR!!! Try doing that at their stupid gym, huh?

Ezma- Your husband sounds like a amazing and strong person. Just like you.

SnT- How are you doing?

Tapshoes- Hey darling. You are the sweetest thing. I still haven't lost any weight in a long time, but I feel great so, thats what I'm focusing on.

I got old lady eyes.

Old lady eyes? What's that? Do I have potentially another ailment that I don't know that I have????? After all, I am older than you! I'm older than almost everyone...except my mom, and psychologically, she is younger!

A few puffs of a cigarette here and there since I got off my Patches, but I haven't bought a pack and I'm not going too.

I feel good. Now I have to work on Marcie to quit. She actually just got diagnosed with lupus so we are dealing with that, and it's pretty depressing.

I'm doing good with my icecream. I find if I don't buy it, I don't eat it...so I just have to remind myself (sometimes over and over) not to buy it.

I might even do the yoga in my UNDERWEAR!!!

I still haven't lost any weight in a long time, but I feel great so, thats what I'm focusing on.

Oh RSG, that's a lot of crap to deal with...but you seem to have the right attitude - yeah!! Stay away from the freezer section at the grocery store.

Yoga in underwear...I had a mental image of me in my grannie panties doing a few contortions...if nothing else, that gave me a giggle!

Hey SickNTired!

We are about one month away!!:tt1: I copied your smashing pumkins motif, I love it!

Aww good! I hadn't seen this post and sent you a PM about it, oops! That black flag was too ominous for my personal taste! A month, wowzer! I need to get stocked and ready!!! :)

Okay, gonna confess here in the hopes that it will help me correct my bad behavior. I've been back at the ice cream again. Three nights in a row. It started the night I had my fill, Tuesday. I justified it by saying that my calories were so low because I was on full liquids so no biggie. Then the next day I was going thru some freak eat-a-thon thing. And yesterday my husband and son left for their trip to California to visit his family. Too much! Too much stress + too much ice cream = no weight loss for me. I really have to banish it again.

How have the rest of you been doing? The thread has been pretty quiet but I'm sure you guys are doing better than me.

OK Ezma, you had your small break in your pattern, time to get right back on track!

I noticed posting was slow later in the week - in my happy little place, I just decided it was because everyone was very busy doing exercises or having fun or enjoying life. I in fact just signed in with the intent to wish everyone a good "icecream/cigarette/weakness of choice" - free weekend...unless of course, the weekend is the time when you allowing your indulgance. I am certainly looking forward to my nuts tomorrow!

OK VVs, we can do this!

what a wonderful thread this is...i just finished reading all of it.....and it has soooo brightened my day.......today is day 4 for me and i have to admit i am feelin a lil depressed ....but this has been so nice.....u guys keep it up .....by the way i too was an ice cream addict....lol

Welcome Shelly. Lots of room in our little group for more supportive people. Looks like you're only a few days post op too. Don't worry, it gets better pretty fast and usually you have some of the best loss at the start. Enjoy!

Hi Shelley, and welcome!

Apparently the ice-cream addiction is a common one, more so than mine for nuts...but we all have them, and hey all (from time to time) tempt us!

Welcome to the journey to the healthier you.

Another nut free night! I deferred it until tonight as I was just too tired last night to indulge....I really wish these periodic bouts of insomnia would go away - they are messing with my routine!

OK girls, I haven't posted in a while, but I have something to give up. And when I tell you, I know that although you will understand, you will question it. I have to stop drinking so much diet Coke. I love it. I need to drink Water. I just love diet Coke. My doctor said I could have it, in moderation. I am not sure that 2 bottles a day is moderation. But it is down from the 3-4 bottles that I had before my surgery.

I have been at the same weight for a couple weeks now. And I am thinking that if I switched to Water, I would lose some water weight and that might make me feel better.

So I am going to only have ONE bottle of diet coke each day. The rest will be water. But do those packets that make the water taste like I am having something else make me a cheater?