Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept. Samurai Surgery Check-in

The prayers worked. Not only does the port not need surgery anytime soon. The dr thinks it'll flatten out on it's own. I managed to give myself a Migraine with the upset from this. But I'm so glad. I'm confused but glad. I am told I have only 2.2 cc's of Fluid. So I'm back to liquids for today. Mushies tomorrow. Then on Saturday I can try real food.

Teri

The prayers worked. Not only does the port not need surgery anytime soon. The dr thinks it'll flatten out on it's own. I managed to give myself a Migraine with the upset from this. But I'm so glad. I'm confused but glad. I am told I have only 2.2 cc's of Fluid. So I'm back to liquids for today. Mushies tomorrow. Then on Saturday I can try real food.

Teri

Great news Teri! I am so happy for you! Dot:tt1:

I just keep thanking God!

teri

I think that is a great big thank you Lord! You may have never been told this before - NO CRUNCHES!:)

I started taking a new Vitamin (new to me anyway). It's Walmart brand weight conscious. It's comparable to the one a day weight smart vitamin. Gotta say I love it. It's got EGCG in it. And truthfully it's got me all wired, like I have tons more energy. Not sure how it'll last, but I hope some of this goes away so I can sleep tonight. The EGCG is supposed to be a sort of a fat burner type something. I googled it, and sounds promising, but we'll see. I know it's got me HYPER!

Just wanted to update all. OH and they are changing my antidepressant. It's a capsule, and I'm finding capsules don't like my band. I get tummy sick if I have to take it with applesauce-outside the capsule.

Teri

Hiya everyone. I am frustrated (still)... don't feel like i'm losing anymore, the scale hasn't budged in weeks (except to go up and down the same pound)... i don't know what to eat. i try Protein 1st and i don't drink while i'm eating. don't think i feel anything (restriction) need to schedule my fill sooner, don't know why i've put it off. i can drink without sipping. just in a funk. nice to see i'm not the only one. i haven't been taking my topomax and my lexapro, too much of a pain to crush and take. yuck! maybe that's part of the "funk" guess i should get back to taking them.:wink2:Teri, is the new Vitamin A chewable? I could use some energy....

Edited by ambraberger
forgot something

Well I'm home from my "second fill appt". I will add appt, as I didn't get it. The dr couldn't access my port, so he sent me for an xray. It's flipped. Apparently we're not supposed to do tummy crunches. Guess what I did last weekend? Yup crunches. No one told me I can't do that. So it's gonna mean another surgery. Not sure if it'll be right away, or after the holidays. I will find out more thursday when they try to access my port with fluorscopy. I'm gonna glow in the dark from it all.

The good thing is according to their scale I've lost 4 pounds in two weeks.

teri

I somehow missed all of this until I posted my other message... I'm glad to see you don't need another surgery. The last workout I did was Hip Hop Abs, total body burn. I was sore for days (good sore) And I was getting ready to do it now, but I'm not sure I should after reading about your port flipping. I'm self pay and there's no way I could afford another surgery. Maybe I'll just walk instead. I just liked feeling my muscles being sore. I'm glad you don't need another surgery. Could you feel anything different when it supposedly flipped? My dr's office never said not to do any crunches either. This workout is mostly standing abs, so it should be ok. Idk. Yikes!

truthfully I felt nothing. It didn't hurt anymore than my legs and every other body part did. But it's a good hurt.

My scale showed no movement after my first fill. Went to the surgeon's and I'd lost 4 pounds? Where? When? I know driving the 20 minutes I lost 4 pounds on the bumps. LOL. Since that appt, I've lost another 2 pounds, according to their scale, in two days? Whatever. I've decided scales officially suck!

Do you feel a difference in how your clothes fit? I do.

Anyone else here with little ones? My 2 1/2 yr old just flooded the bathroom. I'm talking 2 inches of Water on the floor. And of course in the linen closet I had 90% of my craft books. They're all ruined. My good bible, ruined. I'm so upset I could just cry... but nothing happens. I am so angry, and no way I can yell at him. I should have checked it out before, but was busy cleaning. Now I have a LOT More cleanign to do. He's potty trained (his choice), and decided he'd wash his hands alone. I keep wipes on the counter for him. But I guess they weren't good enough. Somehow he'd managed to get the plug in the sink. All of a sudden I realized I heard water running> I t hought it was the toilet running (it does every so often). Went to fix it, and noticed real quick the puddle.

So i'm wet, and crabby. And should be putting their bedroom back together, but I've got his brother sleeping in my arms. His twin brother that is.

Teri

Oh bummer! I love hearing about your boys. My 3 boys are 16, 18 and 20 years old. I miss them being little. Plus I'm a nicu nurse, so I love hearing about/working with twins. Sorry about your craft books and your bible.

At least its not that on top of needing another surgery cuz your port flipped.

I couldn't change my appt, so keeping it 12/4. Have to drive about an hour and then work that night. I work tonight too, so I shouldn't be doing "this" I should be laying down trying to sleep. ttyl

Do you feel a difference in how your clothes fit? I do.

Teri

I do too!!! And I have been supper excited... I've gone from a 24/26 to a 16/18. I haven't been that small since high school. I am about to be in uncharted territory...I'm going to have to go buy new clothes soon :drool:

doesn't that feel good?

When I went shopping last weekend (grocery) at my Walmart, they had a table full of tank tops. I live in tank tops summer, winter doesn't matter. Winter I add sweaters. Anyway, they were a dollar. So even though I didn't really have the money I thought well heck, I'll get a couple sizes smaller, in hopes they'll fit next summer. At my 12 yr olds encouragement I tried them on. Man they fit nice. Shows off my coming curves. Brandon tells me often he's proud of me and my weight loss.

teri

Looking good does help a lot - my skinny clothes are getting big. Terilyn I am so sorry about your mess and what you lost. I pray you will get blessed to make it up.

Hi everyone,

I had a lot of reading to do to catch up. Work has been extremely busy, my girls are in a play (12 days of Christmas), anyway I've been offline for a while.

dal - my skinny clothes are getting lose too. It's crazy.

teri - I'm glad you didn't need surgery. I read that and felt bad. If I had to have surgery again I would be really bummed out. Glad it worked out.

Here is something funny about clothes and sizes...so my jeans are getting baggy (size 24, some 22s). Eventually I start fitting into all my "skinny jeans". My skinny jeans are at least 10 years old. You know the "skinny legs" are back in style now. Anyway, I'm so happy with myself. So what size do you think I am???....A size 22. So all my excitement is gone. It just goes to show you we have become a fat nation that even the manufacturers have adapted to making us "feel" better that they have made our clothes bigger but labeled the same sizes. So I'll see what size I am when I decide to brave the store and try on clothes.

I have lost 41 pounds now. I went to a Girl Scout function yesterday and there were people I hadn't seen in a long time. They were like "OMG you have lost so much weight, how did you do it?" I didn't lie but didn't tell the whole truth. I just said I'm eating a lot less and doing the treadmill. It wasn't lying. It will be interesting to see my sister and brother's reaction when they come down for Thanksgiving.

So I have gone for 3 fills now and have 6.4 cc in a 10 cc band. I will tell you I knew I was almost there at 2 fills because I could eat 1 c of food and I would be hungry again in about 2 hours. The weekend before I got my 3rd fill I got sick. Sore throat, stuffed up nose, etc. I started noticing food was feeling "stuck" sooner or something was going on. I realized because of all the drainage that was causing a little problem. So when I went in for my 3rd fill she asked if I should wait until the cold was over. I said no because I didn't feel like taking another 45 minute drive a week or 2 later. So I get my fill. I have to tell you I've had to struggle with the drainage this week. I have problems even drinking in the morning. I can only get a sausage patty down around 10 or 11. lunch is only a meatball or a chicken leg. I've PB'd but it's mostly all phlegm. Sorry to be gross. I have to be really conscious of it. For instance, I had a crystal lite in the car. My girls and I were driving. I started sliming. I was stuck at a light and could feel it coming up. I had to pull off to the side to get rid of it. By dinner time I could have some Soup. I'm really trying to make sure I keep hydrated. I don't want to have any taken out because I know it's drainage. I think I am right where I need to be. And if I needed anymore of a fill I wouldn't take it.

I hope everyone else is doing well. Don't get discouraged about cheating or weight not going down. It just means you are not filled enough yet. The band is doing this for me. Remember that is why we all got it in the first place. Take care.

Niecey

Edited by Niecey

Nicey, you are doin great!!! I am down 25lb but seems like more, my clothes don't feel like i am stuffed in them. I am down to size 16 . I still don't have much restriction just can't eat as much but can eat anything. No problem with getting stuck no pb never have, guess i don't know what i'm missing lol. I just get a real heavy feeling in my chest if i eat too much.

I have the realize band with 3.5 cc fill so far.

Thanksgiving will be interesting as we all know in the past just eat till your sick!! Won't be doin that this year. Thank god i am not cooking this year. Just gonna eat and run. Hope you all have a great day!

Nicey, you are doin great!!! I am down 25lb but seems like more, my clothes don't feel like i am stuffed in them. I am down to size 16 . I still don't have much restriction just can't eat as much but can eat anything. No problem with getting stuck no pb never have, guess i don't know what i'm missing lol. I just get a real heavy feeling in my chest if i eat too much.

I have the realize band with 3.5 cc fill so far.

Thanksgiving will be interesting as we all know in the past just eat till your sick!! Won't be doin that this year. Thank god i am not cooking this year. Just gonna eat and run. Hope you all have a great day!

Hey Chacka , I am alomost exactly like u ! Do you think you need another fill ? I only got stuck once . I am totally at a plataeu. I lost some weight while sick , but gained it back and have been the same .. when are we up for another fill ? I had mine nov 6 . surgery sept 29 .. take care girl