Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept. Samurai Surgery Check-in

Just checking to see how all of my September buddies are doing. I go to the Dr. on Monday - hopefully for my 3rd fill. I only have 2.5cc in my band. I do have lots of issues with keeping food down, but I'm able to eat more then I should. I'm anxious for the scales to drop. I also need to start more exercising. I got Wii Fit for Christmas, but it is still in the box. So - resolutoin - exercise and watch my calories better. By the way, what is "Couch to 5K"? I missed this info.

Thanks for your support!!

Carolyn

:)

The Couch to 5K program is a running program that helps people learn how to run. I know that sounds silly but I don't know how to run a 5k. I hate running with a passion but my husband and I thought it would be a fun goal. Not a resolution but a goal. Here is the website - Cool Running :: The Couch-to-5K Running Plan

I will probably go walking/running today but I am officially starting tomorrow. There is another gal on our board Jenn who is doing this too. Want to join us?

Maybe we can start a thread so we can support each other as we run!

36 lbs in a little more than 3 months is not slow...but remember slow and steady is good. Congrats!!! You're doing great. I've had 3 fills and the third was the charm. Keep up the good work.

Hi everyone. I thought I would check in too. I am down about 36 pounds, but it is really slow coming off. I am going in for fill #4 on 1/19. I don't really have much restriction. I can only feel it if I eat something too dry too fast. Even then, it isn't painful. I just sits there. If I get up and move around a little, that will go down. I am able to eat entirely too much. I have only lost maybe 4 pounds since my fill in December. That is very frustrating. I know that weight loss should be slow, but I was not expecting this snail pace. I am also having issues with food choices. It makes it really hard when nothing really give me problems eating except bread. I haven't had bread in a long time. You would think just that would make me lose a ton of weight. I guess I can tell a difference in my weight because my mom bought me a size 18 dress, and it was too big! Yeah! It was a great feeling, but when the scale refuses to move...

Thanks for letting me vent. It is really good to see you all doing so well.

Michelle,

Thanks for the information. I'll check out the web site. I have bad knees, so I might not be able to do it now, but I'm hopeful as I lose weight I can start more walking and running. I live in Florida, so I do Water aerobics - but not enough.

Health4life,

Love your name!!! Thanks. I'm hoping the 3rd fill tomorrow will help move me forward. I'll keep everyone updated.

Thanks so much for the support!!!

Carolyn

I'm calling tomorrow for my next fill. As scheduled right now it's almost a month away yet. YUCK! I am however doing ok today with emotional eating... and it's been a real emotional day. When I did eat, it wasn't as good as it should have been (Had some fries). But I only ate 3 or 4. Brandon counted even. He says 3, but I'm pretty sure it was 4. LOL.

why so emotional? A taxi nearly ran over my son, and then starts screaming at me. I called from a Walmart pay phone what he was saying to the taxi line, and the threats he made, and because neither of us could hear the other end, I had to pretty much yell. Well relaying the curse words and threats he made to my son and I (my son is 12) offended this lady walking in. I told her to mind her own ****ing business. She actually had me removed from the store. I got kicked out of walmart. How rediculous is that? So Price Chopper got my 150 dollars in groceries this week.

And if that's not enough... my youngest (by 1 minute) has cerebral palsy. The pastor of an aquaintance of mine just loss their son to severe cerebral palsy (complications of). I've known since Friday, and am having a real hard time dealing wtih it. I did emotionally eat some friday. Saturday I had some chicken broth, and a chocolate chip cookie all day. Today I had toast for Breakfast. lunch was a small piece of turkey (maybe 2 ounces). dinner? Um... half a small thin piece of pork, so maybe 2 ounces again. Oh and the 3 or 4 fries shoestring fries at that. My stomach is just off with all the stress.

Well I must run. Oh I haven't weighed myself since Friday.

Teri

36 lbs in a little more than 3 months is not slow...but remember slow and steady is good. Congrats!!! You're doing great. I've had 3 fills and the third was the charm. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the pep talk. I have a hard time remembering that I have NEVER lost this much weight before. Much less, lost it in this amount of time. I just want to be skinny like yesterday.:) I have to learn patience. I am hoping that my 4th fill will be the one that does it for me. I think I just need a tweek.

You keep up the good work, too!:thumbup:

Ok, now I need a pep talk. I had my 5th fill just before christmas & I have only lost 1-2 lbs since. I have good restriction & I'm not very hungry at all. I am eating really small meals. SOOOOOO, what the heck is the deal!?!!? I feel I should be doing really well by now. Today I'm starting low carb, low fat, that's GOTTA work! Any, advise? Oh yeah, I just started back to curves this week but was only able to go 1 day so far :-(

Thanks ahead.

How small are your meals? I know that there some that don't believe it, but my nut says that you have to get in 1200 calories a day or your body will go into starvation mode. She said it wouldn't take long. Try upping your calorie intake for maybe a day or two to shock your body. Also, if you just started curves, that may also shock your system back into losing. Good luck! You are doing ok even if you don't think so right now.

I know that keeping track of calorie intake is diet-like, but do it at least for a little while to get an idea of what you are eating. It helps me stay accountable even when I know I am screwing up. Good luck!

Glad to see everyone is doing great, Teri, hang in there. Sounds like you are on an emotional roller coaster.

I am doing physically great, except right this minute I have chest pain, gas I think - who knows. I just had some cottage cheese and pomagranite applesause and have felt yuck and nauseaus ever since. Maybe I ate too fast. I hate when that happens.

Personally life sucks. Hubby lost his job after 15 years and the creap boss didn't give him his final check or his vacation pay. We thought maybe they mailed it, but we have waited long enough. Everyone else got their final checks, but he begged hubby to stay to close up and now nothing. I hate creaps.

My Sister-In-Law has Metastatic Lung Cancer, yes it has spread. I am a "care taker" personality. I cannot help myself. I don't think she realizes how bad it is. I think I am more upset than she is.

And I am finally loosing again, now that I have my referral and appointment for my fill. Wouldn't you know it, I was at a stand still for over two weeks again, and then I got my referral and the weight is coming off again. I can't figure this out.

The good news, I saw my regular Dr. He is so happy. I lost 31 pounds since I saw him two months ago. Now that is putting everything in perspective. He told me my Liver Function is back to normal - The dreaded liver. Remember back before our surgeries and we were so afraid of our livers not shrinking. And now mine has healed. I can't believe it! I really thought it was going to kill me, if my heart didn't. He also told me my cholestrol is normal - NORMAL what a wonderful word, and my blood sugar AC1 or what ever it is called dropped a point and is in the normal range also.

The bad thing we discovered - My blood pressure was too low and my pulse was too slow. 94/60 and my pulse 50 ish, I have never heard that! I remember when it was 170/110 and my Dr told me he was afraid I would have a stroke. Now - I have to cut my blood pressure meds in half now. At least I will save money. I did ask for, and he gave me, some "happy pills" - Ativan. I am so afraid the "emotional" will get the best of me. I am not going back to what I was.

Hubby keeps sending out resume's, but with thousands loosing their jobs, who wants to hire a 50 year old Traffic Manager. :thumbup:

So now my life is upside down. My health is great but the other stuff is falling apart. I am just feeling so down.

And to top it off my computer quit sending me email notifications when people post. Does anyone know why it is doing that????? Debbie

Well, I am at a plateau. I do 90 min of cardio and weights about 3-4 times a week and I am quite strict on what I eat. I have found that if I increase my calorie intake, I actually lose. But I have been playing with these same 5 lbs for about a month. Hopefully now that the holidays are over I can quit snacking.

I bought a Wii fit and dance dance revolution, and it is fun and a great workout. I recommend it for a change in the ole gym routine. As far as the couch to 5K, I did a program locally about 4 years ago and it is a great program. There are downloads for your mp3 player that tells you when to walk and when to jog.

Good luck everyone!

I haven't been getting notifications either.

I am still at the same weight, so I'm keeping track of my calories for a couple days. Weighing/measuring everything i eat. I need to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Teri

I sporadically get notifications. I don't keep up with it as much now since I don't get them. I am going to get my 3rd fill next week. I do have some restriction and some things get stuck, but i want to snack all of the time.

Hi everyone!!

I am just checking in and to see how everyone is doing and post my progress! I just had my 3 month check up and had my first adjustment (fill) I am down 69.5 pounds and my BMI has gone from 45 to 35!!! I am thrilled with my success!!!! I just wish I could see it more when I looked into the mirror! The scary thing is I am still wearing some of the same clothes I did at 299 pounds! Of course everything I own is elastic! So I am trying to figure out if I was squeezing into things I shouldnt of or does the elastic just grow really big! LOL I refuse to buy anything elastic from here on out!! Where is everyone else at on their weight loss journey?? Oh I was banded Sept 30!! Have a great day and hope to hear from you soon!

Hugs! Chris

Hi everyone!!

I am just checking in and to see how everyone is doing and post my progress! I just had my 3 month check up and had my first adjustment (fill) I am down 69.5 pounds and my BMI has gone from 45 to 35!!! I am thrilled with my success!!!! I just wish I could see it more when I looked into the mirror! The scary thing is I am still wearing some of the same clothes I did at 299 pounds! Of course everything I own is elastic! So I am trying to figure out if I was squeezing into things I shouldnt of or does the elastic just grow really big! LOL I refuse to buy anything elastic from here on out!! Where is everyone else at on their weight loss journey?? Oh I was banded Sept 30!! Have a great day and hope to hear from you soon!

Hugs! Chris

Wow, Chris, that is fantastic! I was banded 9/4/08 and am down 43 pounds. I am very happy with my progress. I know that if I had not gotten the lap band then I would be posting that I was 15 - 20 pounds heavier than I was in September. I also am still wearing my old clothes but they feel soooo much better. I guess I was really stretching them out to the max before. : ) Congratulations and continued success to you.