Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are We Ready For A Woman VP?

Are We Ready For A Woman VP?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are We Ready For A Woman VP?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • I don't care.

They can take some of my tax dollars to help these pple - just like I give to the homeless shelter and my church - I feel for pple who are less fortunate than me thru no fault of their own - I have compassion -

As I have said before hand up not hand out..

I completely agree. I am 100% in favor of charity. I am 100% against government-enforced charity (aka welfare). Wouldn't it be cool if we could take 20% of what we pay in taxes and give it directly to the charity of our choice -- rather than having it filter through the bureaucracy and come back with cents on the dollar?

just cuz it's there in cyberspace doesn't mean it's true

No, but there is actual truth, and I believe it's important to seek it out. Doesn't mean we always hit it on the head, and doesn't mean sometimes we don't get bamboozled by the lies, but at least seeking it is better than throwing up our hands and saying, "Who knows?" (or "Who cares?").

It's going to hurt me - I have insurance thru my employer - but he is going to get taxes on the premium that he pays for me - more $$$ out of his pocket - we have already laid 5 pple off in my office due to the economy. Well if he has to pay a tax on my benefit - it's going to get cut period and I will end up with a lesser coverage polcy for more $$$ and I will have to make up the diff.

If you understand that increasing the health care taxes on a business owner or corporation will trickle down to the employees, why don't you think Obama's wholesale increased taxes on businesses, capital gains, and the like will do the same -- or even worse because they're more comprehensive?

On the issue of taxing businesses again, I just received an email from the Nevada Secretary of State. It was a mass-email, and it said:

Businesses across the country are hurting and the current economic climate provides the perfect backdrop to highlight Nevada's proven track record of small business success. WhyNevada.com includes legal analysis, tax advantage information, target market summaries and a new business checklist.

Interesting. They get it. It's why California is losing fleeing businesses so quickly -- because when you tax a company to death, it can't survive. States woo businesses with low taxes, and businesses take the bait. Why anyone believes Obama's tax plan won't hurt "the little guy" is beyond me.

I am like indigo girl I don't have a full degree in politics either. Actually, I have a degree in history with a minor in political science I also have a masters degree in education and a class a teachers certification with an emphasis in history (which was earned by the age of 24) as well as a class a certification in educational leadership and administration.

I could run circles around most people in conversations regarding politics and American political, economic, and social development. However, this is a give your opinion, hoot, holler, rant and rave thread. If I choose to give my opinion without any follow- up well that's called perogative. It does not mean that I am ignorant to the issues or that I can't make my case.

I am well qualified to go toe to toe with fact spitting posters. This is validated by my educational background. It is this same background that has led me to determine that palin is a moron. Retarded in her views and attack dog style of politics.

By the way, if Obama is elected to the presidency, will those true blue, country first Americans still remain patriotic?

Edited by Apple8<)

On the issue of taxing businesses again, I just received an email from the Nevada Secretary of State. It was a mass-email, and it said:

Businesses across the country are hurting and the current economic climate provides the perfect backdrop to highlight Nevada's proven track record of small business success. WhyNevada.com includes legal analysis, tax advantage information, target market summaries and a new business checklist.

Interesting. They get it. It's why California is losing fleeing businesses so quickly -- because when you tax a company to death, it can't survive. States woo businesses with low taxes, and businesses take the bait. Why anyone believes Obama's tax plan won't hurt "the little guy" is beyond me.

But it runs both ways - when we increase the minimum wage to something that's livable everyone crys the blues - it's the trickle up effect.

As to losing business - it's just not Cali and taxes it's about lawyers - about pple who want to sue everyone to death. It's about corps who want to make more profit moving their business to foreign countries where they pay $3 bucks and hour - no regulation about workers comp being provided - no health insurance cost - and child labor... Just so they can make more $$$

Taxing large corps who pay their execs millions of dollar a yr or more can afford to pay their fair share in taxes - they have more loop holes that the rest of us.

As to welfare - Heck I was on welfare once for about 3 yrs til I got a job - and then it still subsidized my child care for a few yrs. The premise of welfare isn't bad - the abuse is - but so is the abuse in Washington and lobbiest....

Also, It hits me wrong when Palin talked about Israel (and I understand they are our friend)- and Holocaust - what about Darfur - there is a fricking Holocaust going on there - but no one cares. But they don't have anything to give us - it's about china and oil - why aren't we putting sanctions on countries who are involved with the Holocaust there..

Again I don't have the answers - but saying it's all bad is wrong

re: "the whole illegal immigrants issue is never ever going to get fixed unless we live in a police state.."

I don't believe it will be fixed either as long as there is so much free stuff they can have simply by showing up and asking/demanding it be given.

I don't think it's that simple jack - My Father was a farmer - the pple who worked for him came from Mexico - most if not all the labor in the ag business is from Mexicans - he provided them with insurance & 401ks - They pple who cut my grass, wash the dishes in the restruants and are bus pple are of mexican decent - I live in a area of the state where mexican's are the majority - and I gotta say most are hard workers - they aren't on welfare - it's the pple who where born here that abuse the system.

With an attitude like yours and vocabulary you use I am glad you don't teach in my district. I am also a teacher and detest that attitude. Way to turn a civil discussion into crap!

With an attitude like yours and vocabulary you use I am glad you don't teach in my district. I am also a teacher and detest that attitude. Way to turn a civil discussion into crap!

Who are you referring to...

I think she is referring to me and she has gone too far. First of all this thread exists so that we can rant or rave about a political candidate, not insult fellow bandsters. I will not engage in that with you. Secondly, you don't know anything about me. You only know what I have posted. How I feel about a candidate and other issues is my choice and as a responsible professional I keep that separate from work. Now, because I posted that I think Palin is a moron politically, you attack me personally? For you my dear, the anonymity of the Internet is a blessing. I tell you what. I will pm you my demographics. On Monday, walk up to someone that fits my demographics and say that to them.

I never said that I was a teacher. Do your homework and check your facts (psst...here's a hint-take a look at my profile)

Vocabulary????

Edited by Apple8<)

I think the difference between the two types of supporters is that no matter who is President we still support our country and our President. We don't refer to our President as "Mr" like a lot of people. Example many people have no problem referring to Clinton as President Clinton , which he should be referred to as but still will call our current President "Mr." Bush. That to me is not being respectful to our Country.

Thank you Jack for your post. The bigger picture or point I was trying to make was that this "thread" exists so that we can rant, rave, hoot , or holler. I know that it is the Lounge( minor point). Part B was on target.

But it runs both ways - when we increase the minimum wage to something that's livable everyone crys the blues - it's the trickle up effect.

As to losing business - it's just not Cali and taxes it's about lawyers - about pple who want to sue everyone to death. It's about corps who want to make more profit moving their business to foreign countries where they pay $3 bucks and hour - no regulation about workers comp being provided - no health insurance cost - and child labor... Just so they can make more $$$

Taxing large corps who pay their execs millions of dollar a yr or more can afford to pay their fair share in taxes - they have more loop holes that the rest of us.

I wasn't talking about large corporations. I was talking about small businesses, which are a huge foundation of the businesses across this nation. If I'm not mistaken, you work for one (I could be wrong, but that' my impression). If you think that having the government tax your employer for your health care will case you to lose your health care (your statement, not mine), then how do you think increasing a whole host of other taxes (capital gains being doubled, etc.) will affect your job, your potential for salary increases, etc.? It's just plain economics.

Yes, there are abuses. Yes, golden parachutes are ridiculously incredible. But small businesses are the backbone of this nation, and if you don't think Obama's tax proposals are going to have a huge, huge impact on small businesses you should probably investigate it a bit more. Heck -- ask your employer how much more he can afford to be taxed before it starts affecting your salary!

I still cannot believe that people are defending Palins winking. This was not folksy she was using her sexuality to win over voters. She was flirting. I am a professional women who was taught in the day not to use your sexuality in business because it degrades you. I thought she was embarrassing.

Oh ya and her shout out to her brothers third grade class. It was like she was running for President of her high school. This women could be a 72 year old heart beat away from the White House.

I still cannot believe that people are defending Palins winking. This was not folksy she was using her sexuality to win over voters. She was flirting. I am a professional women who was taught in the day not to use your sexuality in business because it degrades you.

It's interesting how differently that can be perceived. I didn't think what she was doing was sexual at all. I don't know who she was winking to (I don't think it was the television audience, but rather a particular person in the live audience).

When she gave her speech at the RNC, I noticed at one point, when the applause was preventing her from speaking, that she mouthed the words, "You're beautiful" to someone in the audience. I assumed it was one of her daughters, and I took it as a nurturing thing. I took her winking the same way -- she was reaching out to someone in the audience that she knew personally. But that's just the way I saw it; I know others saw it differently.