Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

?ctober ?dyssey 2008

Haha its funny because I also bought a coat two size smaller.

I bought a large :) its from Old Navy.

on610852-00qlv01.jpg

Very cute and the it color of the season!!! I gotta lose a buncha weight before I'm in a large!!!

I know, it's crazy!!! Have you done any shopping yet?

NO! I am not ready for that yet, I cannot believe I am actually going to loose weight. How about you?

Loveislovely,

That coat is too cute!!

But you will get there SN!!! I am super tall so my weight is kinda evenly distributed but I am morbidly obese :) which is why I am on this journey. I looked at pictures of myself and I just thought the worst but I know a change is gonna come!

I am so tired of feeling crappy when I cant breath after going up three flights, tired of snoring, tired of not fitting in to cute clothes, tired of not feeling 100 percent happy about myself and tired of not socializing as much as Id like to.

Thanks Bimb, it is a cute color, I loves it.

Edited by LoveIslovely

But you will get there SN!!! I am super tall so my weight is kinda evenly distributed but I am morbidly obese :) which is why I am on this journey. I looked at pictures of myself and I just thought the worst but I know a change is gonna come!

I am so tired of feeling crappy when I cant breath after going up three flights, tired of snoring, tired of not fitting in to cute clothes, tired of not feeling 100 percent happy about myself and tired of not socializing as much as Id like to.

Besides the super tall part, I say DITTO to all you have said!!!

Bimbabe - I hear you! I keep thinking I need/want some fall clothes but think NOPE, you'll need smaller sizes; wahoo!

Hello everyone. I had my surgery earlier today. I had to be at the hospital at 5:30 am and surgery was at 8:00. I remember waking up about 11:00 and had to go for the xray and drink that nasty stuff. Everything looked good, so I was released aout 12:00 and was home by 12:45 pm. I feel good. Just a little sore. No nausea or has yet. I think the worst part was getting the IV started. The surses were extremely nice. I think I had about 6 differnet nurses checking on me. Dr. Brady did a great job. I will take pictures, but later. I am going back to lay down.

Good luck to everyone gettig banded today and the rest of the month.

Don't b e nervous. Just do everythng your doctor says to do.

Lone Star Loser

Updated list:

October 1- shanna234; salome000; wvprisonrn; 9pdmnm5; linro123; Meschultz

October 2-Vidahlia; NEWLIFE4BEV; mrsrdh; mamac; kdraves; emialiabri; markfarnsworth; Bratty_Nicole

October 3-Miss Undastood; SaraJaneQ; LoneStarLoser; Cyndi2464; purplerose; brandie; garysmithey; Ara

October 4-

October 6-Odawa; DeeH; sim78; bandedCG; sweetgothic; daydreamer1; artistapril; roxann; MississippiGirl; trinaj

October 7-nighttart6; melboyd; EllindaGreek; NFaith; PandorasMom; Betelnut; mimilou; mark2842; lula23; harleyc; odawa ; short n' sassy; longhorn girl; cellis82; grannytwinkie

October 8-austex; LoveIslovely; karebare714; birchmoon; tiaj; lisalef; goosefraba; renita; socalcass; Toosywoots

October 9-Izzyd; Mamacj; triciat; karenk;

October 10- morkiecoco

October 11-

October 13-myturn0421; lindatatu; vandih; fabnatsdiva; msk1968; travelinsorkel; missundastood; clv811

October 14-MyTurn; cstauble; bimbabe; BobbieND; crimsondawn; leannmorton; mamary5; sexievilyellow; myturn; nrpnrp; toots2008

October 15-rulooknatme; gritar; cheryl1952; alteration; animalover

October 16-SickNTired; SanMateoDae; Bino; angelx5; tracie30; maggiehpp

October 17-Lshelley21; josiegurl; shadowland; newgrama0904; swalesfcc

October 18-

October 20-nazzy; Ruby124; LynnN

October 21-SnowWhite760; Vickie; gottabthin; cyndyg; rondapooh1

October 22-annecolorgreen; jogirl

October 23- blueangelkc80;

October 24-illinoishusker; bradley18; tyme2getrite; ktravel

October 25-

October 27- ebonie1015; alabamagirl1975

October 28-

October 29-knickerbocker; ~Bridgette~; SCTexasGirl; julie.ann; lauriel; dirigo; sunwyse

October 30-NFaith; kygirl31

October 31-

Welcome to the list sunwyse!!!!:angry:

Hello all, this is my first time to post but I've been reading for the past few days. My surgery date is Tuesday, Oct 7th. I am scared to death !

I'll figure out the ticker sooner or later but wanted to let you posters know how much I enjoy the valuable info thats on here. I can't wait for this new life to begin! I'm having my surgery in Guntersville, AL and it will be done by Dr. John Groves.

I didn't realize there was another October thread. This is great.

I'm having surgery on Thursday in Idaho Falls, Idaho. I've been on the pre-op diet (luckily not liquid) for just over a week now. I'm down 9 pounds! I'm impressed - honestly didn't think I could do it.

I bought my daughter and me a Wii Fit yesterday (got lucky - wasn't easy to find and I got the last one and as they were ringing me up someone called looking for one). I'm going to use it as my scale for a while. It's actually quite fun.

I'd like to put in another ticker for weight loss, but can't remember how. I apparently figured it out before, but can't this time. What kind of code am I supposed to use - tickerfactory gives more than one. Can anyone help? Thanks!

:thumbup:Hello everyone. I just wanted to check in and see how our recently banded Smashing Pumpkins are feeling.

October 1- shanna234; salome000; wvprisonrn; 9pdmnm5; linro123; Meschultz

October 2-Vidahlia; NEWLIFE4BEV; mrsrdh; mamac; kdraves; emialiabri; markfarnsworth; Bratty_Nicole

October 3-Miss Undastood; SaraJaneQ; LoneStarLoser; Cyndi2464; purplerose; brandie; garysmithey; Ara

I am doing well. No nausea thank goodness. I have found that if I take too big a sips of something, I feel it in my left shoulder. So I am taking it easy with the sips. Also, yesterday when I had the xray, the technician had me jiggle and roll from side to side to get the liquid to go down faster. So I have tried that when my shoulder hurts and it actually helps. Walking helps too.

I am going back to the recliner for awhile.

Keep in touch everyone.

Lone Star Loser:smile2:

I'd like to put in another ticker for weight loss, but can't remember how. I apparently figured it out before, but can't this time. What kind of code am I supposed to use - tickerfactory gives more than one. Can anyone help? Thanks!

There's are some cheat notes somewhere but I don't remember where. All I remember is that it begins with [url. Hope that helps!

So glad you did well Lonestar, LOL I feel like someone mugged me with a baseball bat. I've found sitting up is the most comfy for me, thank goodness I have a craftmatic bed as it allowed me to get a bit of sleep.< /p>

Ara, I know you don't much feel like it, but moving around really does help. I put on some comfortable clothes and walked to the mail box and just around the house and that really helped. I don't know what the weather is like in Orange, but it is beautiful here in Austin. Make sure you are at least getting your Water in. You don't want to get dehydrated. I have been mixing some of the protien supplements with my water. I am using the protien bullets. They are a little thick to begin with, so this helps me get them down.

Good luck. Just remember, We, the Smashing Pumpkims, are on a MISSION.

Hang in there.

Lone Star Loser

I've been walking and sitting up, and yes it does seem to help. Been sipping Water as often as I can. We didn't sleep well last night I woke up around three not being able to expand my lungs because of the bloating and soreness so I walked a bit and then sat in DH's office chair until I felt better and we finally went back to bed around 8:00 this morning.