Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

?ctober ?dyssey 2008

Hey,

It's Janet,

Well surgery is all done and I am back home. My daughter didn't wait to have her baby she had my grandson on the 10th my surgery date was on the 14th. He had to be flown out so we ended up in the same city he was. Find myself very bruised and tired but eveything working out okay so far. Talk again later when feeling better.

Toots-

I am happy to hear you are home. Congratualtions on your new grandson:thumbup:! How much did he weigh?? I hope he is well, let us know.

I am a complete and total diet coke addict! I love it. I have at least one route 44 diet coke a day from sonic. Not to mention several cans. It has been 6 days since I have had any and I know this sounds stupid but I am actually sad about not having it any more! I know I have heard about people morning the loss of food but diet coke? I really want to do good and succeed and lose this weight. I am hoping that it will go away soon especially after I start losing weight! I am also not doing so great with my pre-op diet so I really feel like a loser:sad: Sorry to be so depressing on a Sat.:w00t:

I sooo understand how you feel! I love diet coke:drool:! I have not had any in 2 weeks and it is so tough:sad:. You would think something that has no sugar, no sodium, no fat, would be allowed, but it is not. It does get easier. This forum is a great place to vent, we all understand each others struggles. It helps to know you are not the only one!

List update biggrin.gif:

October 1- shanna234; salome000; wvprisonrn; 9pdmnm5; linro123; Meschultz; Elfaba thegood; LINRO123

October 2-Vidahlia; NEWLIFE4BEV; mrsrdh; mamac; kdraves; emialiabri; markfarnsworth; Bratty_Nicole; Carriejess; Terry in KY

October 3-Miss Undastood; SaraJaneQ; LoneStarLoser; Cyndi2464; purplerose; brandie; garysmithey; Ara; Mistydaz; atomanne

October 6-Odawa; DeeH; sim78; bandedCG; sweetgothic; daydreamer1; artistapril; roxann; MississippiGirl; trinaj; JerryBlade; SeaSide

October 7-nighttart6; melboyd; EllindaGreek; NFaith; PandorasMom; Betelnut; mimilou; mark2842; lula23; harleyc; odawa ; short n' sassy; longhorn girl; cellis82; grannytwinkie; Sooner; Bama2; NFaith; MJay

October 8-austex; LoveIslovely; karebare714; birchmoon; tiaj; lisalef; goosefraba; renita; socalcass; Toosywoots; MaryBnSC; cheryl1952; greg72

October 9-Izzyd; Mamacj; triciat; karenk; saninbham; imlindal46

October 10- morkiecoco; MomDukes58; BikiniBeachy; VEEJEE07; Monkeyband

October 11-mama g

October 13-myturn0421; lindatatu; vandih; fabnatsdiva; msk1968; travelinsorkel; missundastood; clv811; wifepilot; longhornmom; ctoyooka; suzanna; myturn; DC Girl; dcorna

October 14-MyTurn; cstauble; bimbabe; BobbieND; crimsondawn; leannmorton; mamary5; sexievilyellow; nrpnrp; toots2008; caladonia41;Tyme2GetRite; Txnurse; up & adam; TJ1; hunnybunny3

October 15-rulooknatme; gritar; cheryl1952; alteration; animalover; ihadtodoit

October 16-SickNTired; SanMateoDae; Bino; angelx5; tracie30; maggiehpp; msavoy4901; bemused; nayray13; deb’s journey; Scooby; jendenni; Scorpyian1; luv2bslim; lori ann; tracie30

October 17-Lshelley21; josiegurl; shadowland; newgrama0904; swalesfcc; hersheymalone; javabeans; skylady

October 18-sweepyxx

October 20-nazzy; Ruby124; LynnN; Soupamom; taosgal; karook54; GratefulHeart

October 21-SnowWhite760; Vickie; gottabthin; cyndyg; rondapooh1;HelloPenny; sveltelady; swpaintdiva; SnowBabymb; hallfamilyx2; ambogrl; neophyteguy

October 22-annecolorgreen; jogirl; fortunate1; sandielaw; lorilei; purplesloane; BootyBee; Little Bit; imamld3; morph521; kjhack; mcornejo1983

October 23- blueangelkc80; bugginbri; Oregonirish55

October 24-illinoishusker; bradley18; tyme2getrite; ktravel; tas; likebefore; ~Jenni~; DMULLENIX; kellypup; JMignott

October 25-Holly718

October 27- ebonie1015; alabamagirl1975; dicustr413; suziq53

October 28-Michele777; Rosie Sage

October 29-knickerbocker; ~Bridgette~; SCTexasGirl; julie.ann; lauriel; dirigo; CMTurner; sunwyse; Altoonasoup; chrisfer1;wvgal33; gracie78; Tamisha; Road less traveled; debbie brooks; tomatogirl; vicbrad; mvane08

October 30-kygirl31;Slim2bnik

October 31-watermum; lambgram

The 24th will be a month since Ive had a pepsi and boy would one be good.

At first it didn't bother me, but Ive had a real craving for it. Also I am on the

mushie stage and so very hungry. I don't get my first fill till 10/29/08. What

is everyone eating? Help Me Please!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

Hey Cyndi2464. I miss me Diet Pepsi. But not as much as I want to lose all this ugly fat. We can make it. I am on the mushie stage too and I do get hungry, so I just drink Water or my Protein water. (I mix the protein bullets with water. It flavors the water and I'm getting my protien.) I get my first fill on Oct. 29 and I can't wait. Plus by then I should be able to eat REAL food. Hang in there. We'll be "Lookin' Good" by Christmas. People can already tell I am losing, especially my face.

Take care and keep up the good work.

Lone Star Loser

Hey Lonstarloser, thanks for the words of wisdom. Yes people say they can

see a difference in my face also. Have a question. What is a protien bullet and where did you buy it? Thanks again and good luck to you. We get our first fill on the same day.

I got a Protein bullet to try at Wally World. It looks like a big test tube of liquid. I'm pretty sure the one I got was fruit punch flavored. I can't remember the brand or the amount of protein. I also got some Liquid Protein at GNC; I must still have anesthesia fog b/c I can't think of that brand either.

I was banded on oct 16th. I'm hungry!

I call them Protein bullets. They come in a container that looks like a huge test tube. The correct name is New Whey Bullets. There are two kinds, 1 with 42 grams of protein and one with 27 grams. I get the one with 42. The one with 27 grams is a little cheaper. I got some at HEB grocery, but I don't know if you have HEB's up where you live. I also just bought some at GNC. They come in 3 different flavors, grape, orange, and fruit punch. My favorite is fruint punch, grape is good and orange is not bad. They range in price. HEB had them for $2.99, GNC was $3.49 but I just ordered some online from www.allstarhealth.com. That comes out to about $2.41. And the shipping was only $5.95. I ordered some other stuff too so I didn't think that was bad for shipping.

There is another website that has all kinds of protein products. My surgeon and nutritionist recommened BariatricEating.com - BE, Inc. The number one bariatric website for protein, Vitamins, and success. and www.ProteinFirst.com. It think they are owned by the same company, but I prefered www.bariatricEating.com.

But you can shop around on the web like I did. Let me know if you find a more reasonable price somewhere for the bullets.

Well, it's time for a Protein Shake.< /p>

Good luck

Lone Star Loser

No, I can't wait until my first fill. Scared, but ready. I have talked to some people at work that have actually been banded and had their first fill and they said the worst part is worring about it. One told me the hard part was lifting your legs up off the table so the doctor could find the correct location of the port.

Oh well, it's all worth it.

Lone Star Loser

Lonestar,

Thanx for the web site info.:biggrin:

SNT,

DITTO! I will be sooo happy when it is mushy time.:thumbup: