Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's Getting Banded in August???

Paula! Shut Up! I had a Protein Drink for Breakfast and potato Soup for lunch also! Wow! I bought some Campbells Garden Harvest soup, threw it in the blender and added a ton of pepper. It was really terrific. I think I'm going to be able to top off my day with just liquids also. Great minds think alike, I guess. LOL! Good luck to you! Bonnie

Vegasgirl,

I busted out laughing when I read your post! I had baked potato soup from a restaurant. This evening my husband made some homemade baked potato soup. I'm thinking about making some veggie/beef soup and putting mine in the blender.

What other things do you plan on eating this week for your thick liquids? I need ideas.

Vegasgirl,

I busted out laughing when I read your post! I had baked potato Soup from a restaurant. This evening my husband made some homemade baked potato soup. I'm thinking about making some veggie/beef soup and putting mine in the blender.

What other things do you plan on eating this week for your thick liquids? I need ideas.

Paula, I actually get yogurt and puddings, which I love. So I will be doing that. I also bought some of that Select Soup in the Gold Box-Southwestern Corn. OMG! I can't imagine how it will taste, but I'm looking forward to finding out. I really enjoy Mexican spices since it really heightens and adds flavor do otherwise dull foods. I guess I will have to put it in the blender for cream of corn soup. LOL! Maybe some Tomato Soup with some chili seasoning in it? I don't know yet. I think Tomato is BORING, so I'm going to have to spice it up a little. I have to get some V8 too....need my veggies. I bought cream of rice Cereal but I've never had it before. I hate oatmeal. Any suggestions to spice up that? LOL!

Paula, I actually get yogurt and puddings, which I love. So I will be doing that. I also bought some of that Select Soup in the Gold Box-Southwestern Corn. OMG! I can't imagine how it will taste, but I'm looking forward to finding out. I really enjoy Mexican spices since it really heightens and adds flavor do otherwise dull foods. I guess I will have to put it in the blender for cream of corn soup. LOL! Maybe some Tomato Soup with some chili seasoning in it? I don't know yet. I think Tomato is BORING, so I'm going to have to spice it up a little. I have to get some V8 too....need my veggies. I bought cream of rice cereal but I've never had it before. I hate oatmeal. Any suggestions to spice up that? LOL!

How about some sugar and cinnamon for that cream of rice? lol

Oh I forgot that we can have pudding and yogurt. I even bought some pudding the other day. duh! I think the lack of food lately is melting my brain.

I'm going to try some of those things. Thanks and keep up the suggestions.

How about some sugar and cinnamon for that cream of rice? lol

Oh I forgot that we can have pudding and yogurt. I even bought some pudding the other day. duh! I think the lack of food lately is melting my brain.

I'm going to try some of those things. Thanks and keep up the suggestions.

Yeah Paula, I went to Walmart the other day and discovered that Jello brand has a whole line of sugar free puddings....dulce de leche, rice, chocolate this and that. I bought like 8 packs of 6. Then I went Gung Ho, and ate four in one sitting. Trust me, I will NEVER do that again. Plus, I don't want too many empty calories, so I balance them out with my Protein and other things.

robint, I was the same way. Hiatal hernia found and fixed during surgery. Congratulations on your surgery!

Me too. It is one of those 2 for 1 fixer uppers! They said mine was fairly big so since I didn't know I had it I guess I am glass they found it!:angry:

I did It i was banded on Aug 19th and I feel a little sore but, other then that I am feeling realy well. I went to mexico with Dr. Kuri and I couldnt have had a better expirience anywhere! He was great as well as his staff I was lucky enough to meet a lot of bandsters while there, they were a great support and inspiration. Just had to to post taht I can't believe I did it!!!!:biggrin::thumbup:

Hi All,

I was banded on Aug. 11th 2008 in Mexico. I'm doing great! I have lost 21 lbs and 3 1/2 inches from my waist since I started my liquid diet on Aug. 1st. I'm so excited for all of you! I feel so good!

Good luck to us all.:biggrin:

Congrats guys!!! And by this time next week all those being banded in August will be DONE!!! WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

i am glad to hear that u are ok, i hade my surgery on the 19 in Mexico but with Dr Ortiz, i had the best exoerience too, we stayed at the dr hotel it was great my husband came along with me and he was welcome, we had lots of fun i;m happy u are ok take care and God bless u hope to hear from u soon, where in mexico did u go ? we went to Tj :biggrin:

I did It i was banded on Aug 19th and I feel a little sore but, other then that I am feeling realy well. I went to mexico with Dr. Kuri and I couldnt have had a better expirience anywhere! He was great as well as his staff I was lucky enough to meet a lot of bandsters while there, they were a great support and inspiration. Just had to to post taht I can't believe I did it!!!!:smile::thumbup:

Hi all i am having fun reading all u posts its nice to have somebody to learn from :biggrin: i was banded on the 19 in Beautiful Mexico, by Sexy Dr Ortiz :smile:) and his stuff are great what a good experience i had god bless him and us all. take care

I was also banded in Tiajuana. At hospital Angeles by Dr. Kuri. It was a really good experience. I went by myself and Everything went well. I am glad to hear that you also had a great experience. My friends and family were really upset about the Mexico part so they thought if noone went with me I would chicken out and not go! They forgot one thing I am very pig headed and when I want something I that bad I will get it! I spent 2 nights in the hospital and then the Dr. had a beautiful hotel he uses for 2 nights and that was included in the price.:biggrin:

I was also banded in Tiajuana. At hospital Angeles by Dr. Kuri. It was a really good experience. I went by myself and Everything went well. I am glad to hear that you also had a great experience. My friends and family were really upset about the Mexico part so they thought if noone went with me I would chicken out and not go! They forgot one thing I am very pig headed and when I want something I that bad I will get it! I spent 2 nights in the hospital and then the Dr. had a beautiful hotel he uses for 2 nights and that was included in the price.:smile:

:thumbup:) u are so o funny, but i'm glad too, how are u doing with the liquids , do they go down easy, ? are u hungry? :biggrin::thumbup:

For all those who went to Tijuana for surgery...I just have 2 know. When you first entered Tijuana, how did you feel? How did it look? I hear horror stories about the things that happen over there and I want to know if you felt safe.

Also, did you fly to San Diego ands drive to Tj? How long is the drive?

Thanks

GOD IS SO GREAT!!! I was banded in Tijuana the day after KiKi's Mom (HEY THERE GIRLFIREND!!) and it was tremendous. Dr. Kuri's van picked us up at the airport and took us right to the hospital where I was checked in and run through the ekg, blood/urine workups. I feel so great, I almost feel guilty! Mexico was just incredible - I made some fantastic new friends! Everything from treatment to facility, to the care and compassion of the nurses even if they couldn't speak much english, they were adorable and made sure you felt no pain. The hospital really was nicer than any hotel I've stayed in, just prestinely clean, gleaming marble everywhere and you constantly saw cleaning staff. It was cleaner than most of our hotels too, let alone our hospitals. The surgery went really well and recovery was pretty easy for me - I am "one of those" who seemed to breeze through it. The hotel was gorgeous. You just had to tell them you were a Dr. Kuri patient and they would bring you apple juice, Jello and the best tasting chicken broth I have ever had. We were able to take in a bit of shopping and took TONS of pictures which I will post later. Got home about 10PM last night. I have 5 incisions, 4 about 1" and one about 2"-3" but no staples or stitches for removal at all. I have very little pain, a bit of tightness and a bit of gas pain still but absolutely NOTHING like I expected. Nothing. Today is my first day of full liquids (bye bye Jello!!:() and I'm having THEE most DELISH creamy vegetable Soup that we bought down there... what a treat! I got the 10cm Inamed Allergan band and so far I've only felt the very odd hunger pang, very few and far between, plus I sat and had chicken broth while DH had good, delicious looking meals (and some McDonalds even) and I actually didn't feel ripped off - at least not yet, but I'm sure I will sometimes down the road.

Anyhoo - I should go and get unpacked here! I am so happy and excited... let the life change BEGIN!!! AMEN!! :banghead:

If you have any questions about Dr. Kuri or Tijuana from my perspective, send me a private message and I'd be happy to talk about it!

Talk soon!

Stace

O.K. I was banded on August 14th. I came home w/ no pain, no gas pains, no complaints at all. I went shopping and walked about 3 hours or so on Saturday and did the same on the following Monday. I got up on Friday morning after the surgery, and everyday since then, make beds, sweep,mop, wash/fold and put away clothes, scrub bathrooms, cook for the family, you name it I do it. I have never had so much enery. My hubby keeps telling me slow down, relax, your doing too much. He offers to go out pick up the meals for him and the kiddo......great support. Maybe I should be taking this time to be lazy!:( I say all this to say, if it wasn't for the restriction and the incisions, I would be wondering if I hadn't "dreamed" that I had the lap band. Now, four days after surgery I did get the pain in the shoulder. Gas X helps that. I have not been able to get much in at all, liquids is all. Today I do have my desire to eat something sweet. I was a big sweet eater before being banded. This past week it seems like a miracle that I do not want them. I only get 230-300 calories a day. I am down 16 lbs the day before surgery. I was only required to do liquids the day before surgery. I plan on getting more Protein in and exercise starting tomorrow. Hope all of you who do have complaints w/ pain feel better soon.

252 starting weight

236 8/25/06