Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's Getting Banded in August???

Oh, girls........I can't believe you can get in that much liquids. The morning after surgery I started documented what I drank. Starting at 7 am on Friday morning and ending at 7 am the next morning was only 21 ounces of apple juice and Water. Now for the next day which started at 9 am to now which is noon was only 11 ounces of juice and water. I just can't get anymore in. Just and ounce at a time fills me to the brim and can't push anymore down. I will be calling the doc in the am, am concerned how quickly you can get dehydrated. Weight loss for me since the morning of surgery has been 10.5 pounds. Only Fluid I know. I do have a little loose stool. I feel fine otherwise, I cook for the family (which is a miracle I do not have the desire to eat w/ them)I continue to wash, make beds, I even went shopping yesterday for 7+ hours of walking, now that was in a mall, strolling, and taking about 3 breaks.

What do you mean am I able to keep liquids down? Are yours coming up? I have not vomitted since right after surgery when I had to drink some stuff and they x-rayed me. I am drinking Protein Shakes, Proteins shots, Water, tea, Vitamin water. I am not doing 3 table spoons of this, 4 tablespoons of that...I am not sure if I need to keep up with everything like that. I don't feel like my instructions were to do that. ?? How are you? I am going to have my husband remove my onQ pump today so i can shower.

Peaches, I'm not sure who you were asking but I know that per my nutritionist, for the first week, I am to have 3 Tablespoons each of broth, Isopure, and Jello for each meal. I can alternate and have crystal light. But I'm having such a hard time getting in 8 glasses of water a day that I can't hardly get in the other stuff. I have to admit, I could really eat right now. I even took a cashew and chewed it up and spit it out and it was sooooo good. But at this point, I'm concentrating on getting in the water and exercise. I could eat jello all day long though.

Getting banded August 25th! I've been making myself a nervous wreck! LOL!

What happens if I don't pass my psych eval, what happens if they find something in my lab tests! Such a drama queen! :)

My psych eval was awesome, he said I was a perfect candidate. I told the nurse after my EKG, the doctor was so quiet, I was waiting for him to jump up and say, my God, you're having a heart attack!:mad2:

I'm trying to practice not drinking for 1 hour after eating... I got the no drinking WHILE eating thing, but I didn't think it would be that difficult to not drink AFTER a meal. :smile: Time to break out the timer! LOL!

It's funny the things you take for granted.

Folks, I am getting rebanded on 19 August 08.

As you may guess...I am a little nervous...not about the procedure, or the surgeon. Just staying overnight....very different...but exciting at the same time.

I am getting banded August 21st and I ask my surgeon about this liver shrinking thing, he said there was no evidence of the liver before the diet so how do we know it really shrunk. It funny how they all have there little recommendations before surgey, some make you go on a pre-op diet, some none, all I am required is to be on Clear Liquids the days before and nothing after midnight the night of surgery

Veronica RN

That was the same for me, the day before Clear Liquids, and nothing after midnight the night before surgery. My surgery wasn't until 2, so I was pretty thirsty. No, problems to speak of and I feel great. Although I am having a time getting down liquids. Well, I can get them down, no vomiting or anything I just feel full to the brim after only 1 ounce.

Good luck to you on your surgery.

I am sitting here reading all the last few threads eating my Jello and drinking my clear liquids... I have surgery tomorrow at 10am...Nervous but really excited...

Hey does anyone know about Isopure Protein drink????

I am sitting here reading all the last few threads eating my Jello and drinking my clear liquids... I have surgery tomorrow at 10am...Nervous but really excited...

Hey does anyone know about Isopure Protein drink????

Josie, I have 2 kinds of Isopure Protein Drink. One is a whey Protein isolate in a big canister and comes in chocolate, vanilla, etc. The other is a clear, fruity, drink that I bought in glass bottles. I have 3. I've only tried the fruit punch and that is the one I'm drinking these last few days. I am only allowed clear fluids the first week, so this is the one I am drinking. I bought them at GNC.

Folks, I am getting rebanded on 19 August 08.

As you may guess...I am a little nervous...not about the procedure, or the surgeon. Just staying overnight....very different...but exciting at the same time.

Hi Koko, Me too i have my appoiment with Dr Otriz on the 19 /08 too i am so so happy i will see i there . god bless u:thumbup:

I start my clear liquid pre-op diet tomorrow and my surgery is at 7:30am on Thursday.... starting to get nervous! What if this doesn't work and my mom (the one paying for my surgey) wastes all this money. I just haven't bee thinking about it this past week and a 1/2 but this weekend certainly made it a reality b/c we went to go but all my pre-op stuff.... ugh! I don't know

I started my pre op liquids yesterday. The big date is Thursday, 8/21. I am excited but nervous at the same time. This forum has been a big help, I can see what other people are going through. I start my clear liquids tomorrow.

Pumpkin.... you can do it. You are almost there. Keep thinking ahead to the future and how much healthier and happier you will be.

I am starving. I am one week after surgery. I have a little pain around my port site but all in all I feel fine. I go back to the doctor today for my-post op visit. I have lots of questions. I was put on a diet of clear liquids the first week after surgery - - then liquids for another week and then - - puree. I want to go to the puree today. I can't drink large amounts of Water but cold water does affect me. Very difficult getting the Protein down - it tastes awful. I would rather eat a an egg. If I could go to puree I think I could do it but need help with this. Hope the doctor has some give.