Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's Getting Banded in August???

I am starving. I am one week after surgery. I have a little pain around my port site but all in all I feel fine. I go back to the doctor today for my-post op visit. I have lots of questions. I was put on a diet of Clear Liquids the first week after surgery - - then liquids for another week and then - - puree. I want to go to the puree today. I can't drink large amounts of Water but cold water does affect me. Very difficult getting the Protein down - it tastes awful. I would rather eat a an egg. If I could go to puree I think I could do it but need help with this. Hope the doctor has some give.

Jenbug, I hear ya! I could eat an entire rotisserie chicken right now. I have no idea why chicken, but it just sounds so good. I see my doc on Wed, and then I begin my second week postop of cream liquids. Not even mushies yet. Today is the first day I feel weak. I had gained 6 lbs postop and finally lost 3 of that yesterday, but today I feel like I need some real food. Trying to get the protein in with the Isopure drink. It tastes a little like weak KoolAid to me. And forget the 3 Tablespoons of this and that. I have been eating 2 Jello cups at a sitting, 1 cup of chicken broth, 1/2 cup Isopure, etc.

I know the reason for the initial liquids is to help the stomach form around the band, but how could sucking on a chocolate bar prevent that from happening? LOL!

Well, today is my first day back at work. My port site hurts a little but overall, I'm in good shape. I do find myself tired and hungry. I have been given the go ahead to move onto puree. I still struggle with being hungry. I have to wait another four weeks for my first fill. I wish it was sooner. :wink2:

I have to admit I have cheated a little. I took one egg on Sunday and fried it and puree it. I am suppose to be on liquids. I could not eat all of it but it was good. I have been sticking to Soup. I had torilla Soup last night and the broth was just enough. I wanted to eat everything else in the soup but I was full. I am going on vacation in 2 weeks. I hope that I am on regular food by then. I can't eat much but just something. I get really tired when I walk. I hope to step that up a little more this week.

I this Isopure tastes like SOAP. I bought 8 bottles of it thinking I would be so good and drink them. I haven't even finished the first one. YUCK!!!

Hey there everyone! It has been so great reading all of your pre-and-post-op stories, advice, suggestions on this thread and such a thrill to be part of this exciting group!! DH and I fly out to Tijuana early tomorrow morning from Canada and I finally get my surgery on WEDNESDAY!! :wink2: The day after tomorrow!! I am so excited - no nerves, 2nd thoughts, regret, any of that - just pure peace and eager anticipation! :thumbup: I lost 7 lbs on my first 6 days of the Dr. Kuri LSD pre-op and was pleased with that. I do get to eat one meal of solid Protein a day on it and have been practicing the whole tiny bite-chew-chew-chew routine. I can see how it will take some concentration to get used to that!! The lucky dogs got lots of my little bites when I would get weary of the chewing. They LIKE this whole band thing too!!! :lol:

Look forward to chatting with all of you on the other side!! We get back to Canada late Saturday night...

Kiki's Mom - if you see this in time, GOOD LUCK TOMORROW, and if not until after your surgery, then I shall see you by the pool either Thursday or Friday with Jello in hand sister!!!

Can't WAIT TO GET THERE! :thumbup:

Stace

Edited by Sask Patient

Holy Cow...I'm hungry! I am 12 days post op and starting to feel WAY hungry. I'm still on liquids and go for my follow up appointment tomorrow to transition to mushie stuff. I can't wait to see what's on that list! I'm telling you what...I'm SO OVER the protien shakes and soup! I had a bite of peas last night and I thought I was in heaven! I'm looking forward to the first fill and feeling the restricting that everyone keeps talking about!

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the journey!!!

Just got back from the Doctor and he won't budge on the diet. He told me to puree everything to the point of liquid. Because I am on liquids. Hot ceral like Malt-O-Meal and even eggs ----so I will accept that. I can't wait to go home and make an EGG. This is the hard part for me.

Everything went great at the doctor. He said I was Textbook. I have lost weight. My goal is gradual. I don't want plastic surgery. He said Exercise is the key and lose about 2 pounds a week. He stressed Strength Training. CAN"T WAIT TO EAT MY liquid EGG.:wink2:

Just got back from the Doctor and he won't budge on the diet. He told me to puree everything to the point of liquid. Because I am on liquids. Hot ceral like Malt-O-Meal and even eggs ----so I will accept that. I can't wait to go home and make an EGG. This is the hard part for me.

Everything went great at the doctor. He said I was Textbook. I have lost weight. My goal is gradual. I don't want plastic surgery. He said Exercise is the key and lose about 2 pounds a week. He stressed Strength Training. CAN"T WAIT TO EAT MY liquid EGG.:wink2:

Well...You'll have to tell me how the liquid egg goes down. I'm wierd about consistency and I think a liquid egg might freak me out too much...though I really would LOVE an egg right now! I think I'll get the go-ahead to have soft scrambles eggs tomorrow....WOO HOO!!!

I was banded July 31st...And am getting my first fill August 21. My 3 week mark. Has anyone else been filled so soon??? Just wondering.

My doc said today he will do my first fill between 3 and 5 weeks post op depending on how I'm going!

I just got home from my surgery! I had to be there yesterday at 8:45am. I stayed overnight. It went well. I'm so so so so sore. Hard to lay down and get back up, etc. I'm only allowed to drink 1 tablespoon of Water every 15 mins. But because I've followed the rules, I haven't had any nausea, so that's good!!!

Hey I just home from surgery yesterday. I too stayed overnight. I didn't get much sleep but I continued to walk as much as I could. I am also having trouble sitting or even getting up from the toilet. But all in all, I am feeling great just sore in the mid section. I am on instant bk for the rest of the week and go to 2nd phase of soft foods. My one suggestion to anyone getting banded here on out is walk, just walk anytime you can.

Thanks

Chris:shades_smile:

I am suppose to be on a 5 day liquid diet and this is the 4th day. I have done good today but the first second and 3rd hmmmmm. I had some (4) boiled chicken wings the second day, a hamburger the 3rd, the first a small peice of steak with some mashed potatoes. Hope I am not doomed. My surgery is Thurs morning.:thumbup::unsure::confused2::confused2:

I had my follow up appointment today and sat in the class to learn how to transition to real food. I have been so hungry these past couple of days as I wrapped up my liquid diet...I couldn't wait to eat FOOD!!! So, I heated up one of those Smart Ones Weight Watchers meals and ate a little bit of mashed potatoes and turkey tenderloins. I probably ate about half of it, or 6 ounces. I had a hard time believing that 6-8 ounces of food would fill me up, but it really did. I'm not feeling FULL...but I'm satisfied and pretty sure I can make it till dinner before I want anything. I think I'll be good with half a cup of food after my first fill...I HOPE! We'll know in 2 weeks!!!

Good luck to everyone who is waiting for thier surgery or just had it...I am 2 weeks post op and feeling very well. It gets better every day!:thumbup:

I was banded July 31st...And am getting my first fill August 21. My 3 week mark. Has anyone else been filled so soon??? Just wondering.

I had my follow up today and made the appointment for my first fill. It will be 4 weeks post op. I asked if I could have it at theend of week 3 since I'm on vacation and wouldn't have to miss work and they said that was too soon. She actually said that they never used to do fill prior to week 6, so I'm surprised to hear you will have it 3 weeks post-op. I'm sure your doc wouldn't do it if it weren't safe. Let us know how it goes. I can't wait to see what "restriction" feels like!!!