Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's Getting Banded in August???

Hi everyone its really great to see how everyone is supporting each other, well im getting my surgery on August 19th in Mexico since ill be self pay, I am excited and nervous at the same time, I keep thinking is it really going to happen?? Start my pre-op diet on August 5th and I keep thinking and hoping I can get through it, by the way anyone in San Antonio, TX and know of any support groups?? Goodluck to everyone I know how much this all means

I don't know about everyone else... but I feel about 40 different ways. I am excited, scared, stressed out of my mind, nervous, happy, frustrated and on and on. Maybe the fact that I have serious deadlines at work is affecting things ! :)

I have to do 14 DAYS of liquid diet ! I have never wanted pringles and oreo cheesecake so bad in my life ! My Mom is going with me and said that she wants to do all liquid with me, yet I found her tearing the fridge apart and complaining that I didn't have anything to eat ! ;):biggrin2:

Anyway - good luck to all of us August Rock Stars !!

We've got 50+ people coming to the house this weekend for my son's birthday party...I've already got a TON of veggies and I'm really proud of myself for not breaking into the two bags of Doritos on the counter in the kitchen. I can hear them though..."Moe-were in her all alone-come and get us"...UUGGGH!;)

My experience with Protein shakes turned ugly this week when i tried GNC's products...I'm still finding it tough to find something that doesn't taste like a$$ that doesn't have me in knots all day...I just ordered some unjury and I'm going to try that without the GNC stuff and see how I make out. Does instant carnation Breakfast have Protein consentrate in it? THis lactose intollerance thing is a pain.:)

This group is going to be a blast. I'm freaking out that surgery is two weeks from tomorrow. I'm having a green mile moment..."Walkin the mile"

Lellow, that is too funny! Thank you for the kind words. It IS hard work, that's for sure. Today, I actually had a can of chicken Soup instead of a shake. It was soooo delicious. Still only about 200 calories, but it's back to the shake and salad for dinner. BooHoo!

Moe, I ordered a few nectar products. I went online because I heard so much good stuff about them. Apparently, the fruit ones (I got fruit punch) are like those pixie stix from our childhood...you can eat them right out of the jar. I also got vanilla and cappucino, and hoping to mix the vanilla with orange and cherry extract to make a dreamsicle and cherry milkshake? Maybe a cafe vanilla frappacino with the cappucino flavor? I'm a-hopin', hopin', hopin'......!

Hey Moe - I was told that carnation had too much sugar in it. I have been using Herbalife shakes with organic, unflavored soy milk. They are pretty good. Nice and rich. I watch my carbs very carefully so that I can throw a handful of berries in to make a really delicious smoothie.

unjury and Optifast were also recommended to me.

My real issue is I miss chewing ! And crunching ! *sigh*

Hi fee, Re-banded what happened the first time???

Hey...my band has slipped and formed an extra pouch, so i have to get a new band....damn

That bites! I'm afraid of something like that happening to me. My insurance "covers my surgery".....but, after my deductible and some "filing fee" (because the insurance doesn't pay enough to cover the doctor's fee???????)....I'm still paying $8200 out of pocket.

I will be getting banded on August 20th. Im so nervous but so ready for my new lifestyle. Ive never been put under before so this is ALL new! Keep in touch!

im being banned on aug 25 im so excited and scared at the same time but really looking forward to it. well wishes to all!!!!

Stay in touch we have it done the same day. I want to hear how it goes for you and see if we are the same.

Just a note, (being banded August 7th at Lahey Clinic) My husbands open heart surgery last Monday went very well. He's home now and doing great. He had his aortic valve replaced. It's something we knew would have to be done but didn't think it was going to happen so soon. He's only 62. So he's on his way to recovery.

Next is me...with much less recovery time for sure. Getting a bit nervous but very very anxious to start my new life.

take care all and good luck

Pati

Hey there Shamrock-I really glad that your DH is recovering well... good thing he wasn't scheduled for his at the same time as yours! At least you have a few weeks before hand.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOURS... all of us August All-Stars are gonna be sharing our post-op stories before you know it!!

ps-my doggies and I LOVE Goldens too!! :biggrin2:

Have a great week!!

Hey!!! My surgery is August 27th!! I start my preop diet soon and am a little nervous. I would love to share our stories and progress. Itll be like our own little crew... haha :thumbup:

event.png