Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's Getting Banded in August???

Cutie, I have no idea what her prob is. It's not like anyone is out to get her. She's got problems. Look at where she lives! I think she's anti-social or something. Ridiculous!

Andrea, don't worry. You are doing this for your health, so you don't end up with chronic disease such as hypertension and diabetes. I think it's as much for your well-being as it it for vanity. Vanity is just the icing on the cake. You will be healthy AND hot! LOL!

Hey Denver, I'm having surgery on the 14th also.

Hi All! Well I got my date today! August 1st, so I'll be with the group going first. I am SO EXCITED! The friends that I have told are excited too and the first thing they say is "we have to get together for dinner before":tongue2: My doctor's office said the "beginning of August", I guess them meant it. I am a little nervous, but I'm still on cloud nine. I have heard so many stories of people not getting their dates for so long, that I am VERY grateful to be going two weeks from Friday...OH MY! I look forward to checking in with everyone as the date gets closer so we can freak out together:wink_smile: Moe

How the heck to I get one of the August All Star glitter banners? Can someone clue me in, I'm not tooo computer challenged, just don't know where to begin...:cool2:

Hey there VegasGirl!! CONGRATS ON THE DATE!!! So happy for you!! Wonderful news!!!

And MOE - Cutie put this up a day or so ago and it worked for me...

Originally Posted by cutiew/booty viewpost.gif

LOOK! I figured out how to do the glitter words!!

-Click on my August All-stars it will take you the web-site

-Complete steps 1-4

-Go to your profile and edit signature

-paste your code in the box where you signature is...then hit save signature

****You will not see the glitter until after you save it, if you hit preview signature it will tell you there's an error and it won't work....It took me about 10 - 15 minutes to figure it out.

Edited by Sask Patient
adding to post

Vegas I saw that! I was amazed when I read her messages.

Welcome to the August All-Stars Moe!

Edited by cutiew/booty

cutiew, what great progress! Woot! You're going great guns, girl!

I too have lost a fair bit since being on the pre-op diet for almost a week - 3.5kgs (just under 8lbs)!! My DH is now saying it's too fast and wants me to talk to my Dr about it! :)

Moe yay on the op date! Not long to go now.

My husband and I are both scheduled to be banded on Aug 14th. I am excited and a little nervous at the same time.

I just realize that you and your husband are both getting banded on the same day! Talk about having great support at home!

cutiew, to get to my goal weight of 60kgs (132 lbs) I'll need to lose about 83 lbs from my pre-op diet weight of 215 lbs. I've now lost almost 8 lbs, so am now down to just over 207 lbs!

(I needed a kg to lb converter to work that out! Lol!)

I may have to get a lb ticker after surgery just so we're all singing from the same song book. :)

Edited by lellow

Love the glitter thing. Only two weeks to go....till my banding. Getting very excited.

Hubby's aortic valve replacement was on Monday and it went very well, he's sore but feeling better every day, he should be home on Friday or Saturday.

I am going to start my own diet on Monday, use the Liquid Protein drink for two meals and then small meal of Protein and veggies for dinner.< /p>

I want to lose the 4 lbs. that I have to lose by August 7th.

Good luck to everyone

Pati