Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's Getting Banded in August???

Hi fellow All - Stars. My surgery is 15 days away and I am nervous. Today is the 1st day it actually hit me that I am actually having WLS. My stomach is in knots and feels like butterflies are flying around. The weird thing is - I don't know what part I am actually nervous about:confused2: I guess other then marriage and having a baby this pretty high up there for living changing events for me. Anyone else feeling this way?

I'm nervous too, Claudine, I won't lie. I have had moments of panic when I think about how this is going to change my life. But maybe it hasn't hit as hard as it's hit you yet, because right now, while on the pre-op diet, it feels like the surgery couldn't come fast enough. I hate how hungry I am all the time!

But I would put money on the fact that as it comes closer, it's going to become more real. You and I are actually having surgery on the same day too, so if you want we can panic together maybe? Lol!

hi lellow and claudine,

i also hae the same surgery date as both of you. and it hit me yesterday on my way to my pre op appointment. am now very nervous and cant believe i am going to let someone cut into me. not that i am nervous about that bit, but all the changes i am going to have to make. ive now not had chocalate digestives (my big failing) for nearly 5 weeks! as i decided as soon as i got my operation date, i was going to cut them out completly.

but august allstars will hep everyone through, and as we are going to be the first ones, we can tell everyone else what it is like.

Sarah

August 25th for me. I just found out yesterday and I keeping telling people. :biggrin2:

I lost this thread, couldnt remember where it was - so ive been catching up. cutiew i had to laugh at ur list the towel thing didnt even occur to me till i read it, how great will that fell a towl all the way around ( such simple pleasures). I dont know bout anyone else but i havent started the preop diet yet so i am eating EVERYTHING in site, im trying to get all my fav foods in before i start, Im eating for the sake of eating and not feeling good on it. Im totaly looking forward to the whole process. Its amazing how crap food can make u feel (if u eat to much of it). I cant wait for the xmas sales to buy new clothes. "nothing taste as good as being slim makes you feel" - heres hopin.:lol::frown:

Great news dwrd! Not long now to go!

Keisha, it's kinda reassuring to have yet another bander-to-be going for the op on the 1st. It'll be good to compare notes with each other up to and after the surgery. And to be here for the other All-Stars as they have theirs.

How's everyone doing with their pre-op diets? I'm sitting here with my poor tummy rumbling but I'm off to bed soon (it's about 10pm now here in Perth, Western Australia) so no more hunger until the morning at least. :frown:

I just got approved yesterday and will be banded on August 21st! I was very excited and called my mom and grandma with the good news but, now it's settling in and I am soooo nervous.

pumpkin & Dwrd congrats on your surgery dates!

Claudine - I'm trying not to think about it or I'll be a nervous wreck!

Edel- Welcome back. We all can work towards the simple pleasures of life together!!!(:

Lellow - I'm finally seeing the scale move! I've lost 6lbs in the last week!

I will be getting banded August 29 by Dr. Miles at St. Vincent's East in Birmingham, AL. I started my journey in November 2007, I am excited and scared all at once but I figure if I can deal with the pain of 4 c-sections :frown: surely I can deal with the pain of getting this procedure done:thumbup:

Wow! That is great! Look at all the new August Bandsters....we are growing in size and the support we will have for each other is great! I can't wait to hear how the Aug 1st group does. You guys are going to be our mentors. LOL!

Nobody should be afraid of what's to come. Everybody should be afraid of not being able to live their life in a better way. Let's celebrate! WhooHoo! Ok, sorry, I added a little instant coffee crystals to my morning chocolate Protein Shake and I'm off work today, so I'm a little out there. :blush:

This is such a great thread - I've found another gal on here who is getting banded at the same hospital, by the same surgeon as I am, the day before I do, so we are actually going to get to meet in person when we are both in early recovery!! How exciting is that!?!! I'm on the Canadian Prairies and she's in the US. Kiki'smom...can't wait to meet ya face to face!!! Tijuana here we COME!!

:cool2:

OMG I am scared too. I have never had surgery before, never been in the hospital before. Worst thing I've had is an ingrown toe-nail.

People are asking why do something so drastic if I do not surrently have any health issues like diabetes, etc... but call it vanity if you want, I want to be thin!

Oh, and I have also been chowing down big time on all my favorite foods prior to the liquid diet that begins on 7/25... not a good idea, I know. But I kinda feel like I have to get them all in while I can.

My husband and I are both scheduled to be banded on Aug 14th. I am excited and a little nervous at the same time.

Ibldenver Welcome!

Vegas, Claudine & Dwrd73....What the heck is going on that other tread August Name??? I was cracking up reading that! I have to say I wasn't liken that moon chick either!LOL