Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

Thanks, Kimali. I worry, as many of us initially do, that I'll be the one this doesn't work for. I want to see this get started, so I can relax and enjoy the process! I already love and enjoy the foods that are good for me. I'm gradually increasing my strength and stamina. But I really need to see the scale going down again to complete my happiness.

Well- I guess I too am in bandster hell! I got my second fill a week ago and I still don't feel any restriction. Well- maybe just a little bit more than the last time. :cool2:

But everyone here is SO encouraging. And you guys are right- it's not just up to my band to help me lose weight...it's up to me TOO! ;)

I've been working out consistently every day during my lunch break and drinking Protein shakes for Breakfast and eating sensible lunches. My only weakness is late night eating...ugh! I struggle with that SO SO much. But I'm trying to keep busy at night and distract myself as much as possible. Perhaps I'll get online and chat here tonight! LOL

Much love everyone!

Hi, I have had two fills and have 4.3cc in my 10cc band. I have a lot of restriction and have trouble eating anything unless it is soft or a full liquid. I pb's on scrambled eggs and refried Beans. I tried tuna salad, but was only able to eat 1 tbl before the hurting in the chest started. I was to get a 3rd fill in two weeks, but I think they need to check this one out first. I am tired of not being able to eat. My body thinks it is starving and I am not even losing any weight after the initial 6 lbs between the 1st and 2nd fill. I'm looking for that "sweet spot."

Orea, I hope your dh does well with his interview.

Beverly. it sounds to me like you are too tight. This is not good for you, your stomach or your band. You should be able to eat solid food without a problem, and you will lose better when you can. Call your surgeon's office and tell them what you told us.

My day has turned into a "liquids in, liquids out" situation. I've been running back and forth to the john. At least it is exercise! My 24 hours of liquids is up and I'm nibbling crackers to hopefully slow down the inner rumbling.

Thx to all, and orea don't worry your weight loss begins now. I'm glad everyones fills are going well. Even with the weight loss I've had I can really tell the differance in the things I can do. As far as walking and keeping up with my DH. He said this week end was the first time he didn't have to slow down to wait on me, I was waiting on him to catch up. Man, that really feels good! :w00t:

Well, my third fill is not working anymore. I find myself eating slider foods. I am scheduled for a fill on Oct 20. I hope I can keep on track till then. I just want what everybody calls "sweet spot". All I have is a "sweet tooth". Just had to vent.

We all seem to be in the same place with fills. I had my second and can still eat just about anything. But as my dad says just because I can doesn't mean I should! I'm trying to watch calories, exercise more and record everything - good or bad. It's amazing how much I can eat without even realizing it.

BevDiane - it does sound like you are too tight. Do you want to be that miserable? I'd have it checked out.

Just had fill number two today. I now have 7.5 cc in my 10 cc band. I did not loss 1 pound in 4 weeks. I was very disappointed since I lost about 30 pound since July. Oh well, it is a marathon not a sprint!!!!!! I was not feeling any restriction and could eat roofing tile and not get stuck!!! I do notic a difference today. So far about 1/2 cup of Soup and I am full. I hope it stays that way for a while. next fill is scheduled for second week in Nov.

At least we are in the same boat. I guess some people have to have 4-5 fills before it hits just right.

I can do this. I am exercising and being a good girl. (for the most part)

Hang tight Butterflys.

We all seem to be in the same place with fills. I had my second and can still eat just about anything. But as my dad says just because I can doesn't mean I should! I'm trying to watch calories, exercise more and record everything - good or bad. It's amazing how much I can eat without even realizing it.

BevDiane - it does sound like you are too tight. Do you want to be that miserable? I'd have it checked out.

I also haven't had any problems with foods that I have tried. BUT, I fix my serving, sit down, eat it, and that is it. I don't go back. I even count out 1 serving of tortilla chips.I realize after 10 min. or so that I am satisfied. I am more disciplined now than I have ever been in my life. I think my $2500 copay may have something to do with it.:tongue:

Oh, and the amounts we eat and not realize it... Only now can I even BEGIN to imagine the calories I was consuming prior to surgery. My 1 cup meals add up to normally 1200 calories per day. Can you imagine what pre surgery was?!!!!!

I also haven't had any problems with foods that I have tried. BUT, I fix my serving, sit down, eat it, and that is it. I don't go back. I even count out 1 serving of tortilla chips.I realize after 10 min. or so that I am satisfied. I am more disciplined now than I have ever been in my life. I think my $2500 copay may have something to do with it.:tongue:

Oh, and the amounts we eat and not realize it... Only now can I even BEGIN to imagine the calories I was consuming prior to surgery. My 1 cup meals add up to normally 1200 calories per day. Can you imagine what pre surgery was?!!!!!

I know what your saying about paying so much, I had to hand them $7000.00 in one hunk(self pay):tongue: but it helps keep me motivated. so I guess it wasn't such a bad thing. And also know what your saying about the calorie intake, I'll catch myself watching other people eat and can't beleave how much they shove in and knowing I was doing the same thing WOW. It's amazing how little food we really need.

Well, this morning I was excited to see I'm only 10lbs away from onderland, just ten! I know it will be at least another month or so before I can get there but it's exciting to know it's so close, I haven't been there in at least 10 years.

Kimaly - That's great. I hope to be in onederland by January 1st! How exciting!

Kimaly..............AWESOME WEIGHT LOSS!
Same to you! And thx to everyone.