Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

Charlene, so sorry to hear of your troubles, thoughts and prayers are with you and your community. When I read your post it made me think of just how differant all of us are told to eat. I'm on 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup 3 times a day with no Snacks or grazing. If I had to eat 6 meals a day I would never get my fluids in you know with having to wait an hour after each meal to drink. There's just not enough hours in my day.

Yea! My internet is back up and PTL! after six days we have power restored to our home.

I went to see Dr. Davis today and got another fill. He said I only had 1.5 in my band and he put more in....I am not really sure how much I have now....maybe 3cc. I don't feel any different than before today, but I do know it may take a couple of days to feel the restriction. I kinda feel like you about the eating. I usually eat eggbeaters in the morning, then a cup for lunch and a cup for dinner. I get three snacks in too. I just have to journal or I can go over on the calories.

I'm glad your powers back on, It's terrible to live without it these days. And congrats on the fill. What size Band do you have? do you know the fill level? Mine-10cc w/9cc fill level. They said i had a large stomach (go figure) I'm at 3.6 w/first fill.

I'm glad your powers back on, It's terrible to live without it these days. And congrats on the fill. What size Band do you have? do you know the fill level? Mine-10cc w/9cc fill level. They said i had a large stomach (go figure) I'm at 3.6 w/first fill.

I know I have a 10cc band, but I am so confused due to the fact I had air in my band when I went for my first fill. I had restriction, then after they took the air out, I didn't . Anyway, I have been three times and I think I have 3cc now. I am going in Oct and Nov. I should reach good restriction then. :thumbup:

They pulled air out of mine when I got my first fill also, I'm really ready for my second one. I really want to get some restriction. And I'm ready to lose more then 1lbs a week, That seems to be my average these days. not complaining because a loss is a loss but I would really like to see a little more.

They pulled air out of mine when I got my first fill also, I'm really ready for my second one. I really want to get some restriction. And I'm ready to lose more then 1lbs a week, That seems to be my average these days. not complaining because a loss is a loss but I would really like to see a little more.

My goal is to lose 10lbs a month.....I know that is a lofty goal, but the nurse told me that the Dr. would like for me to lose 10lb a month. Maybe she thought I was a bypass patient. Anyway, I only have ten more days to lose five lbs. I will try my best, but I won't be upset if it is only half of that. Being upset only makes me eat bad food.< /p>

My goal is to lose 10lbs a month.....I know that is a lofty goal, but the nurse told me that the Dr. would like for me to lose 10lb a month. Maybe she thought I was a bypass patient. Anyway, I only have ten more days to lose five lbs. I will try my best, but I won't be upset if it is only half of that. Being upset only makes me eat bad food.< /div>

Wow, it is still amazing to me how different each dr is. My doc's goal is for me to lose 4-6 pounds a month. He feels that slower is better.

Yep, me too. I was told they would like to see 10lbs a month. but I think I'm gonna give them more like 5 or 6. DEgirl, are you hitting your goal? Me & Charlene seem to be a little shy.

I was told 5 - 8 lbs a month. I'm going to work hard to make that happen. Boy, this is harder than I thought it would be!

I was told 5 - 8 lbs a month. I'm going to work hard to make that happen. Boy, this is harder than I thought it would be!

If we journaled our food, exercised everday, and ate at scheduled times we could lose 10lb a month......oh yes, get a handle on our "head hunger". The stresses of life come upon us , and the first thing we do is ignore our journey. We didn't get this way by being disciplined and thinking only of ourselves. It is tough, but I think if we continue to support one another through LBT, we WILL reach our goals.

I agree: 5-8 a month is a challenge, more than I thought. I figured if I just didn't eat as much (or more accurately couldn't eat as much) the weight would start falling off really fast. I have not found that to be the case. Weight loss slows to a virtual crawl for me every day I do not exercise. Someone said earlier that a grinder was tempting. There is no way I could eat a grinder or a sub or 90 percent of the food advertised on tv as the band would ensure that I would get nauseous almost immediately and throw it up. It is a good enforcer of eating habits that holds me immediately accountable if I go over my allotted 1 cup. Consequently I have less temptation.

If we journaled our food, exercised everday, and ate at scheduled times we could lose 10lb a month......oh yes, get a handle on our "head hunger". The stresses of life come upon us , and the first thing we do is ignore our journey. We didn't get this way by being disciplined and thinking only of ourselves. It is tough, but I think if we continue to support one another through LBT, we WILL reach our goals.
Well said!

Kimaly -

I've been meaning to ask - where did you get the exercise emoticon? I'd love to have it.

Kathy

DEgirl, are you hitting your goal? Me & Charlene seem to be a little shy.

Well, I was down 23 pounds on the 15th and hit 8 weeks on the 19th, so very close (lower end of goal would be 24 pounds). I only weigh once a week and tomorrow is my day. I am also a slow loser, because I have PCOS and cancer.

I was ahead of his curve though, by so much at my appt on the 8th that he held off on a fill. I am not scheduled to go back until the 5th of November, but I think I am going to call and see about getting in sooner. I am still staying under my calories but am getting hungry much sooner than before.

Boos, I got it off of smiley central

DEgirl, so sorry to hear about your health problems big:girl_hug: thoughts and prayers are with you dailey. I'm getting hungry alot sooner also, I'm calling about a fill today.

Edited by kimaly
wrong name