Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

Has anyone heard from Orea?

I am too looking forward to restriction. I go in the second week of August. The only time that is a problem is at night but I am not overeating. Just want the feeling of being full for awhile. I had that after a week of surgery and I thought I was going to have restriction but I don't now.

My side is better today. I read some other posts and maybe got a clue to what it is. I think it is Constipation which seems to be pretty common. Just thought I would share, I know it is not pretty. We are going through a lot trying to figure things out.

Hi all,

I went for my first fill this week with Dr Chris. Got 5cc on Monday and then another 1.5cc on Wednesday. The reason that he has done such a big fill is because I live in Sweden and he knows it´s logistically crazy to fly over for a 5cc to 3 or 4 cc fill. Also as I was there with a friend who got banded I had two days to see how much restriction the fill gave me. 5cc did virtually nothing for me.

It´s been a fantastic month for me. I am able to walk and breathe a lot easier than I did 5 weeks ago. I feel like the weight I have lost has already done so much for my health. I want to shout out at every heavy person to go get this surgery done.....lol.

To those of you that are still recovering, take it easy, it does get better.

Remember to keep a positive frame of mind, if you feel positive about what you have done, that is half the battle already won.

Whew! I am pretty new and have just 2 posts in the post-op forum. Then someone just told be about the "Groups" So Yay!

Whats going on with me right now. I feel like I didn't even have surgery! Except the painful port pain when I lean on a counter! But absolutly no restriction on mushies can tollerate to eat anything with very little will power! I need support and know if there is someone going through the same things. I really am trying, but enegry is low, I do walk a mile up hill 3-4 wimes a week, get 40-50grams of protien, Multi-Vitamin. all good, but I know I am only to eat like 2oz but I "feel" like I can eat 20oz! I am just praying that I can mussle up enough will power to get through till my first fill I really don't want to fail. I did not go through a major surgery to just fail another "diet"!

So I am glad to find this forum and would love to find out how to join this group.

Michele

July 2, 2008 pre-op diet starts 372lbs

July 10, 2008 Surgery 362 lbs

July 22, 2008 1st post-op 350

No one told me I should eat just 2 oz. Did you have any restriction at all. I did for about it week, it was wonderous! Felt full all the time. Didn't feel like eating much, it was great. I can eat anything too but I have stayed away from the sweets. Cause I know once I get started I could not stop. YOu are doing well with your Proteins and Vitamins. My Flinstones taste terrible and I am not getting enough Protein. I will have to figure things out better. Glad to meet you.

Michele. welcome to this thread! It's looks like you are truly in what they call "bandster hell." Try not to worry too much. I am 3 days post-op and I am still on full liquids. My dr said the next 6 wks are for healing and it may take one or two fills before I feel restriction.

So it is the last day of the month. It has been 29 days since my surgery. I am doing well. I am in bandster Hell ecspecially since my doc send to eat no more than 1/4 cup solid Protein at a time and I can eat so much more than that. But I will get my 1st fill on the 7th. The only thing that still bothers me is the port area. When I sit my bra tends to hit right above the scar so hopefully that will get better over time or at least I will not notice it as much.

Also I sent an private message to Orea and she has not responded yet. Hopefully she will fill up to it soon.:biggrin:

Im missing Orea too. Im gonna leave it in God's hands. Orea and I have the same Dr. Im sure Dr. Halmi took good care of her. I was banded on 7/9/08.

Whew! I am pretty new and have just 2 posts in the post-op forum. Then someone just told be about the "Groups" So Yay!

Whats going on with me right now. I feel like I didn't even have surgery! Except the painful port pain when I lean on a counter! But absolutly no restriction on mushies can tollerate to eat anything with very little will power! I need support and know if there is someone going through the same things. I really am trying, but enegry is low, I do walk a mile up hill 3-4 wimes a week, get 40-50grams of protien, Multi-Vitamin. all good, but I know I am only to eat like 2oz but I "feel" like I can eat 20oz! I am just praying that I can mussle up enough will power to get through till my first fill I really don't want to fail. I did not go through a major surgery to just fail another "diet"!

So I am glad to find this forum and would love to find out how to join this group.

Michele

July 2, 2008 pre-op diet starts 372lbs

July 10, 2008 Surgery 362 lbs

July 22, 2008 1st post-op 350

Welcome to "bandster's hell". I am going through it too. I am on pureed food and Protein Shakes till Aug 6th. I have been trying to keep it to 700-800 calories a day. It's tough, especially when I eat carbs....they tend to make me hungry. I think I am going to bump up my calories to 800-900 because I think I might lose better on more intake. I walk 30 minutes a day, but I might have to up that too. We just need to keep doing what we are doing till we get a fill. Hang in there!:biggrin:

For everyone that's missing Orea too. I just called the hospital and they said she was discharged today. Im sure she will check in soon. When I returned home from getting banded the Lortab (pain medicine) had me sleepy for the first 3 days. If no answer from her tomorrow, I'll call her over the weekend.

I am with you sisters! I do not have the restriction I had the first week after surgery; but I am maintaining the eating routine my doctor gave me. It isn't easy, but I am motivated. This is the "white knuckle" part of the journey. Let's hold on to each other and get it done. We will be so proud.:biggrin:

Hey guys. I made it. I was banded on the 30th (the same day as a Orea) and am finally on the other side. No real pain but the soreness is a little worse than I expected. I did have to spend the night in the hospital due to dizziness from the anesthesia and the fact that I have no support at home (I drove myself to the hospital and my husband showed up just before they were ready to take me back for surgery still very drunk from the night before. I had to call someone to come and get him). My doctor was very sweet and offered to let me stay the night without hesitation.

I am looking forward to hearing from my band sister Orea too. I know that I do not post as often as some, but I do find great support in this site and am very thankful for all of you.

I am 4 days out from surgery and I am getting hungrier each day. I woke up at 3am this morning starving and made myself some thin cream of wheat. I have a great fear also of not being able to maintain my weight loss until my first fill which will not be until September. I have a mandatory second nutrition class and exercise rehab class to attend before my dr. will even give me my first fill. Really, 900 calories are not very many, but I know we can do this if we all stick together and support each other. We are all going through the same process and I know we can hold each other up.

ShondaN - you hang in there. We are all behind you and if you need anything you let us know. You can also PM me if you need to.

I am 4 days out from surgery and I am getting hungrier each day. I woke up at 3am this morning starving and made myself some thin cream of wheat. I have a great fear also of not being able to maintain my weight loss until my first fill which will not be until September. I have a mandatory second nutrition class and exercise rehab class to attend before my dr. will even give me my first fill. Really, 900 calories are not very many, but I know we can do this if we all stick together and support each other. We are all going through the same process and I know we can hold each other up.

ShondaN - you hang in there. We are all behind you and if you need anything you let us know. You can also PM me if you need to.

Diane, I am going through the same thing. When I get up in the morning, I walk, then I start writing down everything that goes in my mouth. I schedule out my small meals, and my Water. I eat one hour, the next hour I drink.....3-4oz of pureed food or Protein shake....then 1 cup of water the next hour. I feel like a newborn.....and in a way I am.....a whole new way of eating. We can get through this till fill day. Hang in there!:biggrin:

Im missing Orea too. Im gonna leave it in God's hands. Orea and I have the same Dr. Im sure Dr. Halmi took good care of her. I was banded on 7/9/08.

Cindy here. I too miss Orea. I don't post that often, but I enjoy her positive support she offers to everyone. I am sure we will hear from her today.