Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

Kimaly, I can relate. I quit smoking in Jan of 2008, started back up in Nov 2008, quit again in Jan 2009 and started again on Valentine's Day. I am going to quit for good after the 1st weekend in May. The good news is that now I know I can do it.

Kimaly and Charlene, have u 2 ever noticed how similar your avis are? I always have to look at the name, otherwise, I get you two mixed up!

Orea, hope you're still healing well.

Lovegrapes, relief is just around the corner, so hang on!

Boos - staying away isn't helping so stay and try to motivate yourself by motivating others.

Yeah, I like Kimaly's so I made my Brussels Griffon my avatar. I am gonna change it.....don't know what....maybe go back to the first one.

Yeah, Boos come back. Support is key to success.

I hope every one had a Blessed Easter. As for me..........I ate too too much. I need a fill! How did everyone handle food issues this holiday?

I had 2cc removed after my surgery and I have been eating like a maniac. Back to sanity soon. I don't like how I feel and I don't like me when I lose control over my eating.

The thing is, I have had to gradually reintroduce my veggies and high Fiber foods after several weeks of bland eating. I get a refill on the 23rd. I am afraid to get on the scale!

I had 2cc removed after my surgery and I have been eating like a maniac. Back to sanity soon. I don't like how I feel and I don't like me when I lose control over my eating.

The thing is, I have had to gradually reintroduce my veggies and high fiber foods after several weeks of bland eating. I get a refill on the 23rd. I am afraid to get on the scale!

Talk about insane eating.....today I ate...ham, broccoli-cheese casserole, corn casserole, and carrot cake. I only had a couple of tablespoons of each, but they were loaded with calories. The only victory I had was I did not any Easter candy. Okay, tomorrow.............back to sanity and journaling!

Talk about insane eating.....today I ate...ham, broccoli-cheese casserole, corn casserole, and carrot cake. I only had a couple of tablespoons of each, but they were loaded with calories. The only victory I had was I did not any Easter candy. Okay, tomorrow.............back to sanity and journaling!

How do you journal? I never have journal my food intake. ANd I think I need to any suggestions?

I signed up on thedailyplate.com..........you just record everything that goes into your mouth. I try to stay under 1200calories. I eat 60 Proteins, and

drink 60oz of liquid a day. I also record exercise. Check out the website.........everything you need is there.

I signed up on thedailyplate.com..........you just record everything that goes into your mouth. I try to stay under 1200calories. I eat 60 Proteins, and

drink 60oz of liquid a day. I also record exercise. Check out the website.........everything you need is there.

Okay thank you so much I will check it out.

I tried journaling but I suck at it 'cause I always forget and then I'm guessing and that takes me right back to guessing while not journaling. For me, it's just not realistic to expect myself to journal. That was one of the reasons I sucked at Weight Watchers.

My eating is getting a bit out of hand (mostly eating too much choc and candy). I think my food portions are a bit large but still within reasonable bounds. I need to just say no to choc and candy. My weight loss is stalled. All told, I've only lost 10 lbs since Christmas. That's about 3 lbs a month average and I feel at a minimum I should be doing 6 lbs a month. Sigh...

I tried journaling but I suck at it 'cause I always forget and then I'm guessing and that takes me right back to guessing while not journaling. For me, it's just not realistic to expect myself to journal. That was one of the reasons I sucked at Weight Watchers.

My eating is getting a bit out of hand (mostly eating too much choc and candy). I think my food portions are a bit large but still within reasonable bounds. I need to just say no to choc and candy. My weight loss is stalled. All told, I've only lost 10 lbs since Christmas. That's about 3 lbs a month average and I feel at a minimum I should be doing 6 lbs a month. Sigh...

Well, join the club....I lost 5lbs last week after going back and forth with 3lbs for a month. If you don't like journaling then try to stay away from bad carbs. I was told that if you increase you Fluid to 80ozs for a few days and eat for lunch and dinner the same Protein with a salad and eggs for Breakfast that you can lose some lbs quick. My sister did it and lost 7lbs. ..........and then there is the pouch test.

Remember the band is only a tool and takes care of 20-25% of losing .......they rest is up to you. We know all that, but we still wish we had that majic bullet. Hang in there.........you are doing great!

Hi everyone - Good to get caught up. I had 1 cc removed yesterday. Pretty bummed about it, but I'm hoping it will keep things from getting stuck. I also just got the book "Mindful Eating". It looks pretty good. I'll let you know how it is.

Just stopping by say hello ladies! :wub:

The link below is a must see!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

Edited by Donna113

I can relate, I've lost about 13lbs since Dec. But gained 3 back so now it's 10. And I have never been a sweet eater but I polished off a whole bag of robin eggs(malted milk balls) between sunday and monday. I guess I have that wanting to munch thing going on with the quitting smoking. I took ya'lls advice with the Chantix and it does make it much more bearable. It's more of a want then a need now. And I've never been good at not getting what I want, Spoiled yes but true never the less. I think I need a swift kick in the a** to get back on track, you'ld think that 3lb weight gain would have done it.

I can relate, I've lost about 13lbs since Dec. But gained 3 back so now it's 10. And I have never been a sweet eater but I polished off a whole bag of robin eggs(malted milk balls) between sunday and monday. I guess I have that wanting to munch thing going on with the quitting smoking. I took ya'lls advice with the Chantix and it does make it much more bearable. It's more of a want then a need now. And I've never been good at not getting what I want, Spoiled yes but true never the less. I think I need a swift kick in the a** to get back on track, you'ld think that 3lb weight gain would have done it.

Yum.........robin eggs.....I could polish off a bag every Easter, but I didn't eat any this year...........not eating them or PEEPS was a victory for me. Hang in there! You will get through this time.

I go for a fill tomorrow. I have restriction, but it seems like when I am three weeks out from having a fill ....I need another one. I hope I reach a sweet spot this time.

Hi all thanks for your opinions on journaling. I am trying but I agree i forget what it is I ate when I do it. I have tried to keep up my Water intake to at the very least the 64oz. I was doing great except for the last two days I did not make it. I have been so busy at work I forget to drink. Anyways I hope you are all doing well.