Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

Thx Charlene, I'm trying to hang in but it gets so fustrating. Got on the scale this morning and yep, one more lb gained so now we can make it a 4lbs instead of 3. This week so far I've really tried to watch what I've eaten. Good luck on the fill, I'm not gonna get a fill for awhile. Just now not getting stuck or PB-ing from the last one. I'm not gonna get on the scale for one month and do what I should be and maybe on 5-16-09 when I weigh again I'll have a pleasent result.

Thx Charlene, I'm trying to hang in but it gets so fustrating. Got on the scale this morning and yep, one more lb gained so now we can make it a 4lbs instead of 3. This week so far I've really tried to watch what I've eaten. Good luck on the fill, I'm not gonna get a fill for awhile. Just now not getting stuck or PB-ing from the last one. I'm not gonna get on the scale for one month and do what I should be and maybe on 5-16-09 when I weigh again I'll have a pleasent result.

It's hard to juggle weight loss and other issues all at one time. I think you are wise to wait for another fill. I just got back from getting mine. She put in .4cc. I am at 5.9cc's now. She said I should be close to a sweet spot and when I reach it I shouldn't have to come back for another 4 mos. I hope I reached it this time.

Hang in there!

It's hard to juggle weight loss and other issues all at one time. I think you are wise to wait for another fill. I just got back from getting mine. She put in .4cc. I am at 5.9cc's now. She said I should be close to a sweet spot and when I reach it I shouldn't have to come back for another 4 mos. I hope I reached it this time.

Hang in there!

Fingers crossed, Hope this one hits it for you.

Kimaly, I understand sooo much where your at. I celebrated yesterday when I had only gained 2 lbs at my appointment today. I have nothing in my band and no will power. I'm pretty much eating what I want. It's so frustrating because I was at what I thought was my sweet spot around 6-7cc before all the Fluid had to be removed from my band. I am certainly rejoicing I haven't gained 10 lbs and only 2.

Please don't get down on yourself. There are so many variables invovled like Water weight and maybe being a bit constipated. Please don't freak out, it will come off.

Kimaly, remember this isn't a race, it's a lifetime, lifestyle change so just keep putting one foot in front of the other -- we will reach our goal!

Thx everyone, Hope alls going well for ya'll

Hey July Butterflies! I havent been here in a handful of months, but glad to see a thread just for us! I got banded July 9th, 2008 and have had only 2 fills since and have lost 69pds! I am very excited about it! I have rocked between 68 & 72pds lately and I went in for my 3rd fill, but I am having surgery this coming friday to replace an implant from a dbl mastectomy I had 3 yrs ago, that was put in wrong. At that time the surgeon I had also put the wrong tape on me and I got cellulitous (a very bad infection) in both reconstructed breasts, nearly lost the implants then and was on antibiotitcs for nearly 2mths, and it also caused scar tissue to form, so they have to deal with that too. So anyway, I cant have my 3rd fill til after I recover from this surgery. My doc also told me to not let them put anything down my esophogus for fear that they may puncture my stomach! YIKES huh?! Anyway, I am STILL learning to eat and chew...I still find myself taking too big of bites or not chewing enough and it comes back up...but I know I need to learn it, sigh. And another thing I am dealing with is a wicked sweet tooth. I never had one before and now I have one...I think it is cuz I cant eat bread and the carbs are very low, so the body is an amazing converter, craving what carbs convert to, sweets. So I am try ing to tame that beast too. But I do have to say that I have been having some really good cravings too, cod, salmon, brown rice, veggies and fruits...my family is especially amazed by the veggie one...I have NEVER been a veggie eater, never. LOL! Talk about a paradox! Cravin really healthy on one hand and ice cream and reeses Peanut Butter cups on the other! LOL! Yeah those are the only sweets I crave. Go figure! ;)

CONGRATS!, CYNTHIA5 on your weight loss. I hope everything goes well with the upcoming surgery. Yeah, that sweet tooth is hard to tame. I fight it everyday.

...so are sweets cravings an issue many are finding to be an issue now?

Edited by Cynthia5

Cynthias,Understand the sweet thing. I've been fighting it also, Glad to see you on this thread. The ladies here are a great help you you just need someone to talk to or to vent to. Try not to worry to much about the implant replacement as I'm sure they're aware of the problems you had last time and will be extra careful. prayers are with you and CONGRATS on your weight loss

I really am pretty patient with myself. I learned alot over the last 9 yrs of trying to lose weight. I spent alot of time journaling my food online (great website is fitday.com) and learned that a calorie is a calorie is a calorie...obviously if you use up all your calories in ice cream you arent going to eat very healthy, right? :blink: But with the amount of calories I really am eating now, it isnt doing much damage, but I do realize that I have to have to be disciplined with it, cuz I am pre-diabetic too, so all things in moderation, eh? But I was totally not aware that a sweet tooth may come along with this! That is the one thing no one told me about! :thumbup:

Hey All.. its ME!

I have been reading your posts and keeping up with everyone. sounds like everyone has been doing well except for the frustration of not seeing the scale move.. hang in there.. your bodies have been at a weight for awhile and it takes consistency to break those plateaus.. keep going and you will see it!!

As far as the journaling my grandma used to carry one of those tiny notebooks everywhere with her.. they fit in your pocket or your purse and they are easy access..She kept track of everything she ate. i think we are so tech. advanced that sometimes we forget that you can still write things down :rolleyes:

I am doing well.. I am into my 4th month.. I cant believe how fast its going.. I guess having a 19 month old will do that to you. .I was pretty sick for the first 3 months but I seem to be getting better.. I was on meds for nausea which really helped..

so a weird bandster thing.. so I really thought when I was opened up I could eat whatever.. ya not the case.. I have problems all the time with stuff getting stuck.. not stuck like needing to PB.. but the uncomfortable stuck.. it really stinks.. cause with being sick and trying to eat enough for 2 I sometimes need to eat whatever I can whenever I can.. and its really lame that things still get stuck. dry meat and breads.. and I cant drink carbonated beverages.. which for nausea sake I was really hoping to do.. they gave me the clearance to do it and it makes me feel so uncomfortable even if I sip it slow.. so lame.

and I get full really fast.. maybe its the fact that my stomach shrunk.. I am not sure.. I guess its good that my body is staying the same.. maybe it wont be as hard as I thought to get filled after the baby.

well hope you are all ok and hanging in there.. I just keep thinking.. even if I am frusterated now with having to hold off on my weightloss.. the band is there.. its not going anywhere.. and maybe I wont be skinny one year after banding.. but I will be eventually.. and that thought makes me smile.. someday I will get there. :wink2:

Congrats on your baby!! :rolleyes:

You may want to try your soda a bit flatter, leave it opened so some of the fizz gets out of it, you may be able to drink it then. And yeah, I wouldnt think having the band emptied would enable us to eat whatever, so that is actually a good thing, right? Still need to eat healthy for you and the baby...figure out what you can eat and stick with it. Dont force yourself to eat things that your body doesnt like. I think I am learning that one, especially with the bread and meat thing. There are other healthy ways to get Protein, like eggs, or fish or even canned chicken with some mayo for some good fats, that seems to be the easiest for me. Also Kashi Go Lean oatmeal, is a good Breakfast - good protein and it fills and helps flush out the fats and waste too! Any steel cut oatmeal is good, the Kashi is instant but you cook it in the microwave...many times the instant oatmeals you heat up the Water then add the oatmeal, but with this kind you cook it in the water in the microwave. Anyway, it is all a learning process for all of us, right? Praying blessings on you and your baby! (((hugs)))

Edited by Cynthia5

Hey Cynthia,

thanks for the reply. Yes I agree!! I am all about eating healthy. I guess I should have clarified.. I was told that when I had the band opened it was like there was no band. and this was kinda important for me. Not because when I got pregnant I wanted to eat huge portions of what ever I wanted.. but because when I was pregnant with my first I threw up everyday sometimes multiple times for 7 months. So nausea is a huge problem for me. so finding foods I can actually keep down is a challange.. and having the band in I definately wanted to be able to not throw up as much as possible so I wouldnt hurt myself. I got a hiatal hernia from my first preg. from throwing up so violently.

thankfully this time I have not thrown up everyday and I also got medication to help. but the main thing that helps too is eating.. small amounts of food consistantly so that my stomach is never empty. as you can imagine this is challanging when you are running around with a one year old all day.. so when I say I want to eat whatever.. I mean.. the only thing I can eat right now is what sounds good right now.. and thats a bagel or a piece of left over ham from easter.

the other day I choked down a half of turkey sandwich!! and everyday its different.. I have major food adversions.. eggs, chicken, noodles (which I could eat last month) and they are constantly changing. its crazy.. I think my body just hates being preg.

I am actually blessed to be one of those people who gets sick.. with my first.. I gained 26lbs with her and lost 25lbs the day she was born! I am sure it wont be the same for this one.. but its nice to not have to worry about losing the extra 30lbs on top of what I already need to lose.

I guess I am just frusterated because over all.. I have a terrible time finding things to eat and then sometimes when I am like yes something is going down.. and then it gets stuck!!! and I am in pain.

it is a good reminder though that the band is still there.. live and well :wink2:

thanks for the tip about carbonation. I have just been staying away from it. :rolleyes: I dont really miss it.. I just thought it would help.

congrats on your awesome weightloss!! I cant wait to be able to continue! I am unsure when I will because I plan to bf as well.. so we will see.

Oh man I remember the nausea thing when I was preggers, although that was, um yeah, 25 & 27 yrs ago! LOL! Now I am a Oma of 2 with one on the way! I sooo understand the aversion to food thing too! I couldnt eat foods when I was preggers too, some of it I loved too and then I ate foods that I had hated before, go figure! :wink2:

You know, they say that we should really stay away from anything we have problems swallowing, no matter what it is...who knows why some people can eat some things and others cant, but I am learning to *obey the tummy*. :rolleyes:

I guess I am concerned that you are forcing breads or meat down when your tummy really is rejecting it.

I have the same issues now with food, one day my body can eat something and then the next the tummy rejects it, it gets so frustrating, cuz it makes no sense. The only thing I KNOW to stay away from is breads, everything else is dictated by the mood of my stomach that day. When that happens, I dont force it, I just go to something else instead. I dont want to do something to my esophagus or my tummy by forcing it. But as I said I am learning to *obey the tummy*. I sure hope the nausea goes away and things get easier for you! (((hugs)))