Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Allie, good to hear you are doing better. I'd love to see that new attitude! How lucky for you to be at 160, I want to be there so bad, but have just stopped losing. I guess I am where I want to be, but not really. Though I can't say that I am trying super hard, but I am not doing anything much different either. Until now this whole process has been pretty easy for me, have great restriction, follow the band rules and the scale just dropped and dropped til now. Suppose I should start logging my food more and measuring more and upping the ol' exercise to get the last 10 or so off. But I am sortta oka where I am too. Never thought I'd be wearing 8's or 10's and here I am so that's good. Maybe I will tackle it harder after my knee surgery. I am having that on Oct 5th. Wish they could suck out some fat from my fat calves while they were in there. But then I'd be lopsided as I am just having one knee done right now. LOL

Hi Junies!

Just a quick check in!

The good - I started walking, on my treadmill, and walking the dog around the park, I'm not totally consistent yet, but I've remembered that I like this. I can do 30 mins on the treadmill, not super fast - maybe just walk a mile. When the dog and I go out (usually just if it's nice on a weekend morning) and it looks like it's about 2miles around the park.

The Bad - I haven't been totally consistent, and I haven't been eating as good as I should - stuff like brats, a little fast food, too many Protein Bars (as Snacks instead of meal substitute). Not enough Protein, not enough Water.

The Ugly - I went in for my fill and I officially haven't lost one pound this month! Duh! I actually was down 3 lbs at one point early in the month, then bounced up with all the "bad" things.

So I got another fill, and this one I'm feeling! I think I'm slowly getting closer to that sweet spot. She gave me 1.25ccs, (tried to give me 2.0, but backed it out when it wasn't flowing the way she liked on the floro). That means I have 5.75 in my band now. (I think - I need to check last month's number).

So this month, I have to be disciplined! Do that walking! Eat my protein! Stay away from the easy, naughty foods! Irony - I'm writing this with a container of leftover tuna-n-mac-n-cheese on my lap that I was nibbling for brunch. Bad Hunzi! No! ;-)

I'll let ya'll know how it's going! ;-)

Always ;-)

Hunzi

Hey Hunzi,

Hopefully this last fill will kick in for you. Keep up the exercise, yay!

You can do this, it is so worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucy

This board has gotten soooo quiet!! Where is everyone??? I'm back in school. Tomorrow will be the end of week two. I hate being out of my normal summer routine. I went from working out 5 days a week to not. I'm trying to start walking with a girl I work with after school, but we are both unmotivated (not a good combo :thumbup:). I'm maintaining my weight. Up and down the same 4 pounds. I still want to lose another 15-20 to consider myself at goal and it's frustrating that it's not working. I know I'm not eating as well as I should so that's my fault. I honestly probably need a fill (can eat way too much, getting hungry way too soon), but don't the $150-$200 that it's going to cost. I'm starting to see some old habits trying to sneak back in (eating when I'm not hungry, craving chocolate and sweets which I haven't done since surgery). WHY?? I mean really, how can you go 14+ months and then all of the sudden this start?!?! It scares the s&*t out of me.

I turn 30 next Wednesday and my sisters have put together a big ole party tomorrow night at Dave and Buster's for me. I'm really looking forward to it. It does begin what looks like to be a close to week long bday so I gotta really make sure I'm working out the next several days. I'm hopng after my bday I can get back into eating a more healthy, balanced diet.

Hopefully some people will pop back up on here...I miss my friends :smile2:

It has been too quiet, I miss everyone's updates! Guess at over a year out folks are reading the message boards so much.

Teach, I totally hear you on the old habits kicking in. How can one hold them at bay for over a year and think they got them licked and then WHAM back they are! I too would like to lose a tad more, I am maintaining well where I am at the high end of my goal but would like a little more cushion room. Exercise is also not what it was. Unfortunately that will get worse before it gets better as I am having knee replacement surgery in 2 weeks and won't be exercising much for several weeks other than physical therapy which will be a bear!

Heading up camping for the last time this year this weekend. Back to the site of the bear! Hopefuly he doesn't return. It's the elk mating season and they all come down into Rocky Mtn Nat'l park and Estes and bugle, fight for their harems, etc. it's pretty cool to watch.

Hi Everyone!

Wow it feels like it has been forever. I have been super busy, my oldest daughter went off to college and within 3 days I had to pick her up and she was admitted into the hospital. She had a severe throat infection that wasn't responding to antiobiotics.. very scary but after a couple of days of iv antibiotics she got better. She is back at college and doing well. I flew to W.V. to see my best friend last week and had such a good time! We went camping just her and I eventhough we got invaded after the third day by her hubby. I have been doing great, really don't even think about being banded anymore. I am living the life as a thin person. I went and saw my doc last week and he is putting together an "offer" for me to work for him! Pretty exciting stuff. He also called my ps and asked if he could sit in on it. I am so excited about getting the ps I can't stand it. I ended up deciding to get the implants after all. I hope everyone is doing well and I miss hearing from all of you. xoxoxo

Allie,

Living life as a thin person, LOVE IT! I don't think about my band much anymore either, but I do think of my weight a lot unfortunately. I live my life different now but still think like a fat person I guess. I had a great time camping this past weekend too.

I would love to work for my surgeons office! In fact I sent them a resume awhile back, but it's pretty pathetic all I really have is airline experience. But thought what the heck. Good luck with your 'offer' hope it's a good one! They'd be lucky to have you.

Hey everyone,

Quick update. Things are going well with weight loss. I weigh 166 so I have lost 74 pounds. I look and feel great. Well except for today, I came home with a nasty stomach bug.

Work and grad school is good. Busy with my Stat's class, it is so hard!!!

Anyway life is good.

Love yall

Lucy

hi Junies!

Just a quick update from me! - This last fill has definitely helped! I dropped the 3lbs again, and even dropped a new one! Just 4.5lbs to go and I can go "clunk" and move the big weight on the doctor's scale down a notch!

I'm eating better, but still not as good as I should - need to cut out the lunches out and cookie dough is still the devil!

I'm not walking daily, but I've been getting in at least one good walk a week - usually taking the dog out for a couple of miles on the weekend.

Here's a question for y'all - for those of you who had "extra wide calves" did they get smaller as you lost weight? I have a pair of knee boots that were "the extra wide" type, but they're still too small - I've just tucked them into the back of the closet for now, but if there's no hope my calves are going to improve when I drop a few or 50lbs, then I'll take them to the shoe guy and see if we can alter them. My other "extra wide" boots are actually a bit loose in the calf, so I'm not sure what to do! ;-)

I had a little clothing victory! - I have a darling dress for fall (which I want to wear with the boots!) - I bought it last fall/winter and when I got it (size 24) it was a bit close fitting, showed the curves/tummy bulges. I slipped it on the other day and it's very loose! I figure I'll have to get it altered before long! Yay!

Always ;-)

Hunzi

Nice to hear from you Hunzi. I have the big calves and no mine didn't go down much at all, maybe half an inch. I'm running out of places to lose it from so am hopeful if I get myself back on the bandwagon real good that they'll go down some. I've lost consistently from top to bottom, face first, boobs next, waist, butt, etc.

Well rats on the calves! I guess I'll have to take those boots to the shoe guy and see if he can put in an insert!

In other news - I'm still yoyo-ing the same couple of pounds! But I know I'm tighter most days than last month and I really am eating less! I'm going to have to work on getting more active - I'm getting out of a long (2miles or so) walk with the dog about once a week and maybe getting on the treadmill once more clearly not enough!

Oh and a bit of emotional family drama doesn't help! A band can't protect me from making pumpkin brownies! And chocolate chip cookie dough is still the devil - so I won't be buying another bucket for a loooooong time! Sweets are my Achilles heel!

Always ;-)

Hunzi

Hi Junies,

Its been forever since I posted. Weight loss has slowed down a lot, pretty much plateaued. I gained a few then lost them so I am back to where I was a couple of months ago. Today I joined the YMCA and am going swimming tomorrow. I have been out on the trail riding my bike but obviously not enough. On a happy note, even tho the scales arent moving, I got my butt into size 12 jeans today, comfortably! Now if I could just lose the muffin top! Hunzi hang in there. I know you can do it!

Too much to catch up on here. I did my best. Sounds as if everyone had a great summer. It is great to hear how well you guys are doing.

I am enjoying my 2 year old granddaughter. I have not lost any weight since last doctor appt in April. Need to go back and should have done it before now. Will make appt next week. In April, my pouch was stretched and I still could not eat more than 1/2 cup of solid food at a time so I don't know if it is still stretched or not. I am not sure if I would know anymore. I will keep you posted. If nothing else, I am ready to try an unfill. I have been pbing too much and am tired of it. I kept thinking I must have not chewed well or I ate too much but now I think I was just too tight after last fill in December. I still am not as diligent as many of you. I don't exercise or always eat healthy. I have developed a love for ice cream. I am thrilled to be 85 pounds lighter. I don't do much shopping as I was this size 8 years ago and I mostly wear the clothes from then. If I lose much more I would have to shop for a new wardrobe and I don't like the idea of spending all that money. Maybe subconsciously I don't want to lose any more. I don't know. Well, one step at a time - first a doctor visit.

Sure has been quiet around the Junies for awhile.

I am going in tomorrow for my knee replacement surgery. I hope that will complete my transformation! It will be great to be able to be as active as I'd like and not have the knee hurting. Of course, I'd like some PS to really transform but that ain't gonna happen and the skin really isn't that much of an issue. I've not lost anymore weight either, would like 10 pounds or so more so maybe after the knee when I can walk more and work out more it will happen, if not I'm not gonna stress over it. I am happy with my 10's and some 8's and how I feel. Maybe as someone else said I subconsciously am happy where I am at.