Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Some of you are soooo close to wonderland! I have been reading and cheering you on! I passed the 40 mark the other day and I want to lose 40 more. My original goal was to lose 100 but now I am thinking that will make me underweight. Ha, what a thought! Anyways I am revising my goal to lose 40 more. My immediate goal is to lose 9 more to hit the 50 mark. Then I am pampering myself to a hair do-over. Color, cut different style..( don't even know what I want but dang, this cold weather has made my hair so dry and full of static and FLAT. Yuk!

We are in for a wintery mix of ice and snow starting tomorrow to wednesday. Its snowing lightly now. I dont have to go out today so thats ok, I just like to watch it snow. But it might be tricky getting to work the next few days.

Anyone remember how nice the weather was in june when we got banded? I remember HOT then but I had other things on my mind then!:w00t: like when can i get out of the mushie stage!!!:thumbup:

I did not like Lisa R at all, she was acted like she was too good for everyone else. They came to the store or lobby sometimes for meet and greets and she acted like we were beneath her. Rick D. and Jayne Brown were my favorites. Very genuine. On gold rush days and silver days we would have special events and the store and lobby would be made over with products for the shows, and from 8pm to midnight the night before you could come in and preview, try on and even buy the items in person. It was a lot of fun. I do't do yellow gold and like silver best and some white gold. My favorite is the Indonesian Silver.

Well gang, I hit 99 lbs today!! Acutally 99.2 so close, I hope I hit it tomorrow and that my body doesn't decide to take a rest here. It can rest at 101!! LOL But not for long as Onderland is a few pounds from that.

Hey congrats on the 99 lbs. That is awesome and you are so close!! My husband cannot stand Lisa R. he say's she is so phoney. I guess he is right:wink2:. Yes, I like Rick and Jayne also.

Hey everyone! We'll I hit 99 pounds this morning...only 1 more and I hit the big 100...then only 13 pounds away from onederland. To think this time last year I hadn't even though of having surgery. Wow! I'm pretty darn excited :confused: Congrats to everyone on all of your successes! Addy, I hope you back feels better!! Oh, and to any of you getting wintery mixes, could you send some my way??? This teacher could really use a couple of snow days :sneaky: :)

Hey everyone! We'll I hit 99 pounds this morning...only 1 more and I hit the big 100...then only 13 pounds away from onederland. To think this time last year I hadn't even though of having surgery. Wow! I'm pretty darn excited :confused: Congrats to everyone on all of your successes! Addy, I hope you back feels better!! Oh, and to any of you getting wintery mixes, could you send some my way??? This teacher could really use a couple of snow days :sneaky: :)

Hey Teach I hit 99 this morning too, maybe we will hit 100 tomorrow! Wouldnt' that be great? I'm back to weighing daily as I want to hit it so bad. I don't have the patience to wait a week to see if I hit it. It's kindda like when I hit it I don't want to miss it. LOL How strange is that. Next major goal is Onderland too! I wasn't thinking surgery last year at this time either. It wasn't until April that I started researching it.

Wintery snow mix here too, just flurries so far, but cold! We were 72 only 2 days ago!

Good morning Junies!! My scale went down woo hoo I lost a little over 4 pounds in a week! 98 pounds lost!! I am so excited I am finally losing again. I go for my fill today so maybe I will hit that 100 pound lost by the end of this week.

Long congrats on hitting 99!!! I am so excited for you. I hope you hit 100 today!

Everyone else have a great and glorious day!

Oh my gosh Allie, you are like some kind of super woman. How did you lose 4 pounds in one week??????????

You gals are doing great. I was able to get in a pair of jeans this morning, that did not fit a month or two ago!!! My scale is stuck at 204..........4 pounds away!!!

lucy

Congrats Allie on the 4 lbs!! Maybe you, I and Teach will all hit 100 on the same day. Alas, I did not hit it today, I hit 99.5 instead. So I lost 3.5 this week. But the previous 2 weeks I only lost 1.

Hi Junies!

I have been reading your posts and am so encouraged by your successes. I was banded in June in Canada and feel like I am struggling right now. I have lost 39 pounds and it has been very SLOW. I know slow is good but I am feeling discouraged. I was really hoping to be down 50 by Christmas. I am 32 weeks out so am still in the 1-2 pounds a week range.

I have had 3 fills. When I had my last fill, I found that I was not interested in food at all and now thoughts are creeping back in... I do think I have decent restriction.

I am curious what everyone is eating. This may sound silly but I am curious as to the quantity of food you are taking in and how often you are exercising.

Any info you have would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Lynn

262/223/150

Hey there Junies..

Well my doc wouldn't give me a fill again!!! I had lost 9 pounds in 6 weeks and he said that I am losing at a good rate now and feel that I would be to tight. I have to tell you I was so friggin pissed!!!

But the good news is I weigh less on their scale. Their scale said I was 200 pounds which I won't count since my scale at home is the one I have been going by which says 207. They never have said what my weight was on their scale just how much I had lost since last time. When they said I had lost 105 pounds I was like um NOOO lol. By my scale i am still at 98 pounds lost.

I was pretty excited that everyone was complimenting me about how great they thought I looked. This was the first appointment since being banded that I met with my doctor and he kept saying how I had lost 1/3 of myself. That really sunk in on the way home. I have lost 1/3 of myself holy crap!!! He was also saying that if you compared my weight loss and a person that had Gastric Bypass I have lost more than them on average at this many months out.

So needless to say I was pissed and happy all rolled into one. My hubby says he is throwing my scale away because he thinks I really don't see the numbers correctly. He was pissed I was going for a fill because he doesn't think I eat enough to live off of.

I guess my expectations and reality are a little off. I just keep thinking that I am going to fail at this and freak myself out. I have been keeping a journal that I have written in since June. For the first time I went back and read my entries and I definetly have a fear of failing at this. I just need to realize I am a success even if I don't lose another pound. I have lost 1/3 of my original self and that is awesome!

Ok enough of my blabbing.

Long.. .5 to goooo woo hoo girl looks like you, iteach and me are all gonna make the goal of 100 lost by valentines.. crossing my fingers and hoping!!!:blush: If I make it I am going to Fredricks and buying myself a naughty present. If not then I will go to victoria secret and buy myself a less naughty present :w00t:

Have a great night everyone~

Hey guys! We'll I didn't hit it today either. I came home sick today and haven't eaten much. I'm not sure if that will be to my benefit or not...sometimes it seems like the less I eat, the less I lose. I'm so excited for the three of us to hit this milestone together! It is amazing to think we've lots 1/3 of ourselves. The last time I was in with my doctor he told me the same thing about my loss vs. a gastric bypass patients loss. I agree, it's hard to think if I were not to lose another pound that it would be a success. I definitely am afraid of failing and I have a real issue with body image. I don't see myself as any smaller than I was when I started. I know I look different (one of my lovely passed students looked at me the other day, and said "Wow, you look really different" Gotta love middle schoolers :blush:) I see myself in mirrors sometimes and I don't recognize myself. That's something I need to work on and I know it. Have a great evening everyone!!

Lynn, I eat about 1/2 cup meals, Protein first always, about 5 times a day. Sometimes only 3 or 4 times. I exercise to Tony Hortons Power 90 DVD's 6 days a week, they are about 30 min each.

Well Teach & Allie, will tomorrow be the day??? How exciting to be at this milestone at the same time.

My surgeon told me the same thing about a bypass patient's loss vs my loss at my last appt. and he does both surgeries. I was thrilled. But I do also have that intense fear of failing. It's getting better as I have now lost more weight than I have ever in the past, but it's almost that 'too good to be true' feeling. I don't have an accurate picture in my head of what I look like either. Sometimes I see myself still at 305 but then others I start to believe I really do look thinner and then I see my reflection in the mirror and think who am I kidding? doesn't help that the room I do my workout at the rec center is lined with a wall of mirrors.

Here's to tomorrow!!!! Will it be the day????? I am back to weighing daily as I want to see that 100 lb mark so bad.

Hi all you beautiful Junies!!

I had to go back and catch up from my last time, HOW WONDERFUL for you girls, Allie, Long, and Teach!! So close, oh, I envy you, and I am so proud of you at the same time :thumbup:.

Lucy how are you liking this crappy freezing icy weather?? I hate it, I had to put kitty litter out on the steps this morning to go down the porch. Icicles hanging off the roof, ughh! I here that ya'll are getting it alot worse than us, becareful on the roads. Teach, you wouldn't want this stuff, it is ugly and nasty, not pretty like snow.

Long, WOW, I am so impressed QVC, I love it, I just got through paying off all my easy pays LOL from Christmas. I had so many had to get them paid off. :thumbup: I love to just watch, even if I am not buying, that sounds weird, I know, but it really can be entertaining. Especially when you compare it to some of the other mess that is on.

Allie, how wonderful to lose a 1/3 of yourself, you are right, no matter what, you have done GREAT!!!

Lynn, I am like you, the slow loser, it does get frustrating sometimes, I am so proud of these women and envious at the same time, but they will cheer us on, and they have the best advice and encouragement. I think they get a lot more exercise than some of us, too.

I was eating 600-900 calories a day, thought I was eating TO much and nutritionist told me that is why I am not losing faster, not eating enough calories. So, against my better judgement I am going to try and increase to 1200:crying: a day for a week and see. I know that your body thinks your starving if you eat to little, but really, lying in bed burns NO calories. Wish me luck. I do feel a little better today, the weather doesn't help. I had promised to be with my elderly aunt (she lives in a nursing home) today at the dentist, or I wouldn't have gotten out at all. The driving aggrevates my hip. I want to get me a treadmill, and maybe walk slowly (for 8 hours, LOL) on it, got to do something. Going to try and go swimming, NO aerobics, tomorrow night, if not iced in. Well, I have rambled long enough, I have missed ya'll, thanks for the prayers and words of encouragement.

addy

Let's see, what will tomorrow bring? 100 lbs lost for 3 very special people? Can't wait for your posts. You'll get there. I was just thinking about something. My grandfather always said that if you sit and watch Water waiting for it to boil, it never will but as soon as you walk away, it starts to boil. Maybe, a day away from the scale, o never mind, it would probably put you all in the lunnie bin, you'd be having anxiety attacks, etc. So here's to tomorrow, that you all make it to 100

wooo hoo long!!!! I am sooo excited for you!!!! I am soo afraid to go weigh myself.. but I will do it and then come back and let you know...

wooo hoo long!