Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Carol & Suzanne... yes, cinnamon does work to help regulate your blood sugar. I used to work at a spice company in Canada and our US head office has done a lot of research (medical research) and it seems pretty clear that cinnamon is really good in helping to regulate it. You don't need to take capsules, you get the same benefit from the actual ground cinnamon. I put a sprinkle in my coffee, on my Cereal or yogurt. I use about 1/8 tsp a day and it certainly helps me. I'm diabetic, but have controlled my BS now for awhile... running & diet mostly, the the cinnamon helps!

Ok... I haven't run since the weekend due to really poor nutrition. Even though I've switched to a liquid pennicillin, it is upsetting my stomach a lot. I'm not able to eat much without feeling sick, so have no energy to run at all. I have to take it until Sat morning, but hope to be able to run a bit before then.

On the challenge front... KMF (not sure who that is in Nike+ world) has joined his/her runs in with Whosya, so now Whosya/KMF have overtaken us Hotties!!! Comeon ladies... we've got until Tuesday to kick his butt!!!

YAY GA!!!!! Very happy for u! sounds like we're about the same size. Ive fit in some 14s too lately, but so tired of the 16/18s. Congrats!

Wow Kathy, thanks for the validation. I like the capsules. feels more stabilizing in the concentrated amounts and i dont have any probs swallowing pills.

I ran tonite. feeling stromger at week 2 but not ready to move on. i need to finish out this week and reevaluate again.

TC all

Carol

Edited by slinky

Thanks Kathy, I think I'll try the coffee and yogurt idea.

GA Girl, CONGRATS! I LOVE getting into a new size, but it does usually spark a shopping spree.

Carol, good for you on running.

I'm thinking about getting a body bugg. Anyone on here tried it?

I had a really great run yesterday and I went swimming for the first time in years today! It was so relaxing, I loved it. Of course I thought I would die, but I did 25 minutes.

I am looking forward to my 5K this weekend. Hoping the weather will hold. It is supposed to snow/rain on Saturday, crossing my fingers that the sun will come out for 40 minutes, so I can get through it in nice weather!

I have a training session tomorrow. My dog agility trainer, is working with a personal trainer that is offering classes for her students. Should be fun to do something new, just hoping I am not too sore when I am done!

Question: I have my nike+ and was wondering how to join the challenges??

Hi Guys! I started the the couch to 5k also. I am on week 4. Did any of you have to repeat a week? I am having a hard time doing that last 5 min run in this week. I want to do a local 5k on May 2, but am afraid I won't be ready!

hi mom,

YES i've had to do weeks over. I'm doing one over right now. when i started doing this program (c25k) i did it with the knowledge that due to my physical condition (i was fat for waaaay too long), age (45) and whatever, that i'd likely need to do it in much more than 9 weeks. I'm doing week 2 for the 2nd week and extended week 1 by 2 extra runs. I need the extra conditioning. plain and simple. But ask anyone who regularly posts here, and they'll tell you...just cuz i made that decision, it doesnt mean i dont have the same insecurities about doing it longer...I didnt want to feel like im failing at something, especially at this point. It just sets me up for a slippery slope.

So, as several of my wise friends here have told me - it's perfectly fine to "do over" weeks. and as one especially wise person has told me over and over. there are lots of things you can learn even from "bad" runs. (yeah, Whosya...Im quoting you again!) do the runs for the experience if for no other reason.

Dont worry about being ready for the May run. do it for the enjoyment and the experience. I found that doing a race was much different than running by myself! Just try not to put too much pressure on yourself, especially if this is your first competition.

O and here's my mantra: maybe it'll help you: "Improvement is better than perfection."

Hope this helps,

Carol

Thanks so much Carol for your encouraging words. Your so right. I will do the run even if I have to walk some of it. My three sons ages 12,12,11 say they want to do it with me. They are all runners. I think their support will help me get through it. My Dr is even rooting for me. He wants a picture of me crossing the finish line! Wish me luck!

Denise:thumbup:

I never did entire weeks over. But I sometimes did 4 runs instead of 3 for particular weeks.

I did a couple of the weeks over. I'm 52 and have absolutely no running history. The weeks I repeated really helped condition me and I don't regret it at all. I am on week 5 day 2. I ran 8 minutes x2 tonight. I smiled all the way home! I'm so amazed. If I can do this...anyone can. Hang in there.

ok dont want to be a downer but...lousy run tonite. im trying to learn from it, but still dont quite know why. i took Water with me this time and it felt weird to have something in my hand. not sure it was that, since i had a "stitch" that started from the time i started the warm up walk. i had to stop during the first run to retie my shoe. it was too tight. the stitch went away and i tried to stick it out thru 3 run intervals but i couldnt finish any of them. I also think i was just really really tired from work.

does it really matter why it was lousy? i guess not. but the good news is that i put my own music back on and just walked another lap and a half. i wound up running more than the 90 sec intervals twice, so maybe ther is hope for me. im not giving up. i really want to do this. maybe the scale will move eventually, and maybe i need to change up the exercise. idk like i said im trying to learn from this. :/

Carol

Carol~ Every run is a learning experience. I went through several runs when I wondered why I was even doing this! I redid some of the days in the program, and I found that it would actually up my motivation trying to push through and get it done!

Hang in there, I still have off days, but the rewards are greater so it keeps me going!

KRtork: I need your email address to i can invite you to our challanges.

Hi everyone!!! Your all doing Fantastic!!!!! sorry i been busy like crazy

Ok how is thei for SUPER weird.

My resting heart rate used to be around 75 or 80.

SO i checked it last night before bed.....45!!!!!!!!!!

I checked it again this morning while resting 54!!!! what the heck!