Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low Carb Banders Unite

Mama- thanks for the info on the caramel nut chews. The name alone sounds scrumptious! I am on my way to the store now. I think I'm going to try an Atkins shake also. I just ran out of slim fast.

Oh how I envy those of you with good restriction. :smile2: Just kidding! Mine is coming! Congrats on the two pounds. I need to stay away from the scale. I swear I weight about 5 times a day, just to see how weight fluctuates. It's a sick habit. :redface:

I have a habit of weighing WAY too much as well.

I don't drink shakes much. I am one of these people that just needs to chew on something. I will drink an occasional shake, but not so much, especially since Atkins changed the cafe mocha taste.

Mama-- the Caramel Nut Chews are DA BOMB!! Thank God they cost so darn much! I'll only treat myself to those occasionally and definitely won't be keeping them in the house! But they will definitely come in handy. Thanks for the hookup!

:thumbs_down:

I normally don't like bars. Do they really taste different that most others. How many carbs per bar. Yall are peaking my curiosity!!

I've eaten a couple Protein Bars in the past and this is nothing like that. I think it just a low carb candy bar (tastes about like the weight watchers turtles). Let me dig up the wrapper.......

...Okay, I think it is just a candy bar. 140 cals, 7g fat, 4g Protein, 14g carbs (5g Fiber, the rest sugar alcohols), *2g net carbs according to package. It is really good! I'd lick the wrapper if I hadn't just dug it out of the trash! :thumbs_down:

OK, that brings up this sugar alcohol deal. Is it ok. Do they really count. Will sugar carbs make you go out of ketosis. I know we should avoid them most of the time because the taste can make you crave sweets, but is the cravings the only harm in eatnig them. That sounds really yummy!!

MSnika - I'm glad you liked them. I told you they were tasty!

As for the sugar alcohol thing.... well I dunno how good it is for you. It does not knock me out of ketosis, but it is definately something you shouldn't do all the time. A once in awhile "treat" when you are ready to dig in to something really bad is more what I use them for. My husband has a pan of brownies he made a couple days ago that have been calling my name. I have stayed away with the help of these little bars.

I might not truly know what a craving is. I have a desire to eat almost everything I see. I'm not sure how to tell the difference between a desire and a craving??????

I never keep the bars in the house. If I did, I would eat them too much. I only get them if I am out for the day and will be tempted by bad lunch choices. I do keep the shakes fully stocked and usually have 2 a day, one for Breakfast and one for late afternoon snack. The sugar alcohol thing doesn't knock me out of ketosis either. I had two of those bars yesterday and was in heavy ketosis this morning...which is actually a jump up from moderate where I have been!

Thank you sooo much Mamato and Bonnie. I will definately be getting some of these little darlings today. I definately agree that if I can eat one of these instead of eating something very high in carbs then they are worth it. I will try to limit them, but love that there is a way to "cheat" without really cheating!!

You guys rock!!

hi all- i hope you don't mind me jumping in.:blink: i've been peeking in here from time to time. i started my low carb diet two weeks ago (it was a little hard). i'm now into week three, and i must say, its getting easier.

Of course you can jump in kikival! The more the merrier. I have only been at this a couple of weeks also. Loving the results so far. Everyone here is so supportive and motivating. Welcome!

RE: These caramel nut chew bars. Are they a Protein Bar ? Atkins has Protein bars and some other ones that are more like snacks/treats?

The nougat protein bars are fabulous. Atkins changed the taste of their shakes and not for the better. :-(

Doesn't the sugar alcohol give you horrible gas?

One more question. Eating low carb always constipates me. That benefiber gives me gas too. Some advice as to what others are doing to keep Constipation until control would be really appreciated!

I've been lurking on this thread. I don't know what happened to the other low carb thread.

Edited by Oregondaisy

I must say..... this is about the coolest thread I have ever been a part of. Everyone is sooo supportive and cool. I also love the couch to 5k thread.

Anyway, Denise I like to use Miralax if I struggle with Constipation. It works, but isn't harsh. It doesn't really tast either.

I forgot to get the bars. The nearest Walmart is about 15 minutes away. Just went to that town, but forgot. I will go tommorow.

I am fixing to go see if I am in ketosis yet.............

I'll keep you posted. :blink:

Moderate ketosis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::tt1::lol::tt1::lol::tt1:

I am back!!!! I wasn't going to check until morning, but it amazing how the cravings just go away when ketosis starts. I kinda felt like I was there, because suddenly this isn't so hard anymore!!!!

WOOHOO!!!!!!:blink::w00t::angry::w00t::wink2::w00t::tt2::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Ok, I'll calm down now.

Hi all!

Sounds like everyone is doing great this week. Congratulations on the NSV's that you all have had this week, as well.

I haven't had much of chance to check in but have stayed on plan all week. I went in for a fill today and weighed in at 247...I couldn't believe that I had lost 16lbs in 2 months. Which meant that I did not get a fill today. They felt that I have been losing at a consistent pace and didn't need one. I agree at this point because I still have issues getting things to go down and I didn't want to get to tight.

As for eating today...I thought I was getting a fill so I filled my bag with LC SlimFast shakes and Water.

B: LC SlimFast shake

S: Water

L: McD's Grilled chicken Ceaser (all chicken and 1/2 salad)

S: 2 Tbsp low sugar Peanut Butter

S: Water

D: 1/4 Hamburg Patti with Slice of American cheese, 8 green olives, summer squash & fried onions and mayo.< /p>

S: Planters Heat Peanuts

S: Cashews

I did 1 hours of Burn Baby Burn Water Aerobics.

Keep up the great work everyone!

Cindy