Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. John Bagnato - Bagnato Bandits - NSV

Guest Leslie2Lose

Hello Everyone:

I have good news and bad new.

Good news

My job sent me t North Caroline for training this week. Normally, I drive everywhere, becasue I hate flying. The main reason i hate flying is because 1. running around the airport only to find out that your gate has been moved to Saigon and 2. I never fit comfortably in the seats 3. I have been too big to fasten the seatbelts.

This weekend I had to fly to NC. I have jsut been on the road so much due to my new assignment that I had no desire to drive anywhere. I get on teh placen this time and I am actually able to fasten teh seatbelts around me. Now mind, I had to let the seatbelt as far out as i could, but It fit. It was a snug fit, but it fit. I was shocked. For once i did not have ask for a seatbelt extender. This will defitniely go down as a NSV.

Kinda bad news but with a good news ending:

I had to have more Fluid taken out of the band. Matter of fact, I went directly from the airport to the OTC. I was in NC for 4 days. In that time, it was horrible. I try to stay away from fast food, but when I travel I that is what I end up eating. Even though I try to eat helthier fast food (you know what i mean lol). i was definitley too tight. I remember buying a 10 piece chicken McNugget for lunch and I was only able to eat about 2.5 of them. Those 2.5 were forced down. People were inviting me to eat for dinner, but I still had lunch left. Truth be told, i should have had some Fluid removed last week now that I think about it. But I had convinced myself that i was still adjusting to my new fill. After every fill, I have to learn how to chew even more and drink even slower. I thought that I was jsut not chewing enough or chewing too fast or something. It felt like no "real food" would go down. I serously was wondering if this was what I was supposed to be able to eat and my head was having ahard time accepting that. i remember reading somehwere that all I would be able to eat would be 2-3 bites of Protein, 2-3 bites of veggies and carbs and be done. Then I also read that our new stomachs would only be able to hold 1/4 cup of food. I kept telling myself that it was in my head. Well, after some PBing (twice I had to pull over on the side of the road after drinking) and feeling that my food was always stuck..i had to get my 0.5 cc taken out. Leslie stated that she is now going to fill me in 0.1 or 0.2 increments.

So the bad news is that i was extremely retarded for not listening to myself and i ended up having my last fill of 0.5 cc removed. But the good news is that I feel so much better and I will now listen to myself.

How is everyone else doing?

Well first of all, Brina, congrats on the NSV! I bet that felt awesome to not have to ask for that extender. I've been fortunate to have never needed one, but I can imagine how that must feel to ask. Good for you!

As for the fill, I am glad that you got to where you needed. I know chicken is one food that can give me a little trouble, so maybe that had something to do with it, too. I'm glad it all worked out!

OK!! I guess I'm just "dumb as they come", but what does NSV stand for??? I have had to ask for seat belt extenders many times and the steward's have always been fast and discrete about bring them to me, but it's still embarrassing. The first time I flew without one was a joy that most just can not understand. CONGRATULATIONS!!

I'm looking forward to attending the support group meeting on the 9th. Is anyone who lives (or will be driving thru) the Perry area want to carpool? I'd be happy to drive and would love the company!!!!

RosieJo

OK!! I guess I'm just "dumb as they come", but what does NSV stand for??? RosieJo

Nah, we don't think you're dumb. It takes awhile to learn the lingo, lol.

NSV stands for Non scale Victory.

I had to share my biggest NSV yet so far. I went shopping for jeans Friday and I bought a pair of jeans 2 sizes smaller than the last time I bought jeans (which was quite a long time ago.) It made me feel very good.

Kristim - Hooray for the smaller jeans! Doesn't it feel wonderful! Keep up the good work and you'll find these will be too big before you know it.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Oh Sexism Prevails!!! I'd have never thought in a million years that I'd be happy about this...but I'm so happy.

A client just left from meeting with one of my broker's (as I fondly call them - I love my guys). He came by, with his wife, and I told him, "Have a nice day." He smiled back and turned to my broker and said, "She dresses the place up, doesn't she?". Damn! That made me feel so good...now the wife. She should have smacked him upside his head. All I could do is smile.

Gotta love those sexest comments. I wouldn't have gotten a second glance six months ago.

RosioJo, Kristin, and Leslie - congrats on the NSV's! Doesn't it make you feel great?

I've had two people, one a male coworker and one a male Trustee for the college where I work, refer to me as a skinny minnie lately. HA! I certainly wouldn't use the word "skinny" to apply to me, but the compliment is nice all the same. At least I know others are noticing!

Guest Leslie2Lose

That's awesome Sheryl! Skinny-Minnie - cute :-)

all victories, ladies! way to go! (Leslie, I especially liked yours...what fun!)

I tried to post this earlier, so if it doubles up on me, please forgive, but -

I had a NSV today, too. I was forced to eat fast food for lunch - which I never do - and I was good and ordered the grilled chicken sandwich and a fruit parfait at McD's, only to have them give me FRIES in my bag in addition to my order! McDonald's fries are crack to me - I normally cannot resist them. Well, I didn't totally resist them today. I ate two, then drove around the block of my office twice trying to find a familiar face to give them to. There are usually tons of guys around, but none today! So, I had to drive around the block again to find the trash can, but I THREW THEM OUT! Then I went to my office and took the bread off the sandwich and ate the chicken and yogurt for lunch!

Whoo Hoo, Me! not perfect, but I say it counts.

Hey guys!! I have a few NSV's to share with ya'll.

Yesterday, I saw a few people I haven't seen in a while and one of them called me "skinny minny", lol. I so don't see myself as a skinny minny, but it felt really nice to hear. I have been getting a little attention from men lately too. It's a little overwhelming because I'm not used to it, lol. DH has noticed too and he's so funny about it all. He said he's really gonna have to start shredding some weight to keep up with me, lol.

Oh, and today I ran a full 5K!! It took me about 41 minutes to do it. It's so strange to think that I can run for that long. I'm on such a high right now!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Pam - you rock girl!!!! You are looking so great and you need to enjoy your much deserved attention (isn't it great? - DH gets jealous now...it's kinda of weird). I'm so happy for you...send some of those WL vibes my way :-)