Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. John Bagnato - Bagnato Bandits - NSV

Guest Leslie2Lose

Guest Leslie2Lose

I am so happy! I went shopping with DH on Saturday - he actually came without complaint. I hadn't been to Kohl's yet and was in search of some shorts. I bought a skort in a 16 - Misses! It wasn't 16W or in the "women's section". I'm on cloud nine! Oh, I also bought a dress from Cato's in a 16 misses. I'm so excited to be out of the Plus Stores...I haven't shopped in misses since college.

Whooo Hoooo Leslie! WTG! That's wonderful!

I can't wait to shop in the 'normal' sections! I did buy a pair of workout pants in the ladies section. It was an XL. I know they are stretchy but hey...I'll take it, lol!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Cool Beans Pamela! It's so awesome to drop sizes. I get more excited about changes in clothes than the scale. The scale is so unpreditable, but once you drop a size you're down a size! Well, that is unless you make pig of yourself and eat junk and end up a size...but that's not gonna happen anytime soone!

Whoohoo for us!

Congratulations - Isn't that a wonderful feeling. I can't remember a time in my life that I wasn't in the plus sizes and now I'm a 14-16, used to be 26-28. At times I still feel strange looking at regular clothes, like maybe someone is saying hey you shouldn't be in this section. It's still hard to believe, but I do love it.

Guest Leslie2Lose

nip50 - I know what you mean about feeling weird. I went to the plus section and tried on things - too big. I turned to DH and said I have to go to the misses section - BIG grin on my face. While I was looking around I couldn't believe I could fit into regular clothes. It was quite a moment. I didn't get any of those"you're too big to be shopping here" looks either....life's great!

Guest Leslie2Lose

I had a great NSV on Friday. I went to my dreaded annual girly doctor appointment...urgh! Anyway the doctor came in and the first thing that came out of his mouth was, "Leslie, you've lost a ton of weight". Then asked how I did it. I told him and he took it great. He had some questions about my band and port (mainly when I'd have it taken out). I told him for the life of my band. That surprised him. Then he asked about fills and adjustments. He didn't have anything negative to say. He kept telling me how great I looked and to keep up the good work. After the bad part (pap), I couldn't quit grinning like an idiot when I left.

Great NSV Leslie!!

DH had a cousin visit today that lives near Atlanta and she just couldn't believe how much weight I have lost. It was nice to hear it from someone who had not seen me in such a long time.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Why Am I The Only One Posting NSVs??? I know ya'll have got to have some great things going on...I feel so isolated and alone...

I'll post another - hehehehe!

My mom has been smaller than me for YEARS. Since I graduated from college and the pounds started packing on. She had on a pair of pants this weekend that were baggy on her. She wore them Saturday and mentioned she'd give them to me. I told her when I get small enough I'll wear them. She told me I was and to try them on - she'd move the button over a little if I needed it. I went into the bedroom and held them up and said to myself, "There's no way in hell my butt is small enough to fit into these". I put in one leg and then the other pulled up and thought not bad. I was prepared to lay down - but I didn't have to. They buttoned and zipped - I didn't even have to suck and hold my breath. I danced the jig right there. I know I looked like an idiot! I ran into the living room and had to show everyone they fit. Mom asked if she needed to move the button - I said NO, they fit.

I took them off an put on my PJ's. I casually looked at the tag in the back - wondering 16/18? Nope - 14!!! A Size 14!!! I couldn't believe it.

Great Progress leslie! I have my own NSV to post, just haven't taken the time to post it! It has been many years since I've been able to wear any type of pants/jeans from Walmart. I have always been too big for anything that wasn't stretchy material. Well just a few weeks ago I managed to fit comfortably into a sz 26 pair of pants that weren't stretchy at wally world!! I was THRILLED!! Before lapand I wore a size 36 stretch pants that could only be found at the ever expensive CAtherines store. And while, sze 26 is where lots of you started off at, being able to buy something in a regular store, hell even cato's for that fact is a great accomplishment for me! We want to try for a baby sometime in the futre and I would like to get down about another 50 pounds or so before we start trying. While I know I'll still be obese, I will have come a long way from the almost 400 lb person I once was!

Edited by mia31771

Leslie and Mia - Thosre are great NSV's, congratulation. I haven't posted any lately since I've been at a stand still for so long and I haven't been anywhere or done much. But, I did start back to work at school today and I've changed schools and there were a couple of people who haven't seen me for over a year, and a couple of them didn't recognize me. That was quite nice.

Leslie - I know you must be thrilled to wear a size 14, It is such a great feeling. I was shopping Saturday and I still get amazed that I can shop in the regular misses sections. I always thought that if I could just wear a 16 that I would be happy, but now I have 12's in sight. I can wear quite a few 14's and am thinking that 12's would be wonderful. So that's my next goal.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Mia - that is wonderful! I would be so excited too - down 60 pounds!!!! Girl you have come a long way...Do you realise you are almost half way there?

Nip - I would have loved to see their faces when they realised that you were you! I know you're at a plateau. You'll break through it soon - I know you will.

You're both my inspirations! I hope Leslie (at OTC) can get the support group started soon. I can't wait to meet the both of you.

Leslie

Way to go girl!! I am missing our workouts already! We have to get together Friday, I'll call as soon as I get back in town.

Take care!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Hey Jeannie! I miss them too. Mike was supposed to go with me, but he forgot his shorts (He grabbed two t-shirts this morning). Men!

I repeated week one. Today I did day one - it was tough, but I made it through. The music helps. I wish I could just get that big circular fan and put it about two feet from my face - Ah, that'd be so nice! I got hot, red and very sweaty! LOL

Call me Friday and let me know if you are up to working out. I know that car ride can be long and tiring...you wouldn't think you'd get tired, but it wears me out!

New NSV today - While at church today one of my teenagers came up to me and said he had looked all over the chapel for me and couldn't find me. He then stated that he realized he was looking for the fat me and not the skinny me. He said that it use to be so easy to spot me in a crowd, but not now.

Very cool, Nip! BTW - I got the email newsletter from Dr. Bagnato's office with you in it...you must be thrilled!

I have a few NSV's to share. I finally got around to cleaning out my closet and drawers this weekend and I was amazed at all the clothes that no longer fit me! I have 4 boxes all packed up and a very empty closet...lol. It was cool to try on all the shirts and pants that had been buried in my closet that I thought I could finally wear, only to discover they were too big. I am actually wearing a shirt today that I know I haven't worn in at least 4 years.

Then today as I was putting on my jewlery, I went to add the extender to this one necklace I have that has always been way too tight without out, I put it on and noticed it was hanging much lower than I needed, so off the extender came! I don't wear the extender that often, just to move certain necklaces down to match the neckline on certain outfits, but this necklace in particular has always required one. Not anymore! So my neck is obviously smaller than it used to be.

I'm getting more comments lately from people that are noticing the weight loss. Some will know right off that I'm smaller, while others can't quite figure out what is different about me. They usually think it is my hair...lol. They just know something is different!