Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's Getting Banded in July?

Oh my gosh!! I can't believe that some have to eat only a cup or less in food! I was never told this. Any one else? Did you get told that are to make sure you were not over eating? Help Please!

Josh, way to go! You are young, you will probably lose it faster than some other people who are older. Glad to hear from you!

I was never told either. Just to do fluids then, mushies and ease into solids. My nurse told me that I am working only on will- power until my first fill. My fill is 27th Aug. I hope it starts working for me soon. I haven't lost since surgery but, gained 2lbs.

Marilia

azoreangal-you and I sound exactly the same! I have the left side pain also. I did have a fill but I still have no restriciton. It is like I never had the surgery except that I have lots of gas! I stopped losing weight after 3 weeks and I was banded on July 4th. I am sitting here and my stomach is growling big time. I had a biscuit this morning with egg, 1/2 slice of bacon and cheese from Hardees. It is like why have I gone through all this if this is not even starting to help me going on my 7th week! Fustrating but we will get there! We will, we will!

My doctor told me to eat a cup now after a fill but I can eat a lot more. So until I have a fill I can not eat just a cup of food and not be hungry! So we will be patient!

How much are you eating at each meal? Are you tracking your calories? Drinking your Water? I was banded Aug 4th and was told to only eat 1/2 cup at each meal ( 4 oz ) And to eat every 4 hrs.

I wasn't told to stick to a cup of food or under either! I do feel some restriction without a fill yet, but I've only been on solid foods for 3 days now. The thing that gets me too, is that today the scale said that I gained a pound and I haven't gone over 1150 calories!!! So now I don't know if I should ride it out (probably) or go down to 900-1000! I don't want to go that low though because then I won't have much leeway (to go lower) when I do get a fill and I don't want my metabolism to shut down...even though I think it already has.:thumbup: I've been getting help on here though and the advice to stop concentrating on/counting calories too, so I should try that. It's just so hard and scary to break that calorie counting mentality!:(:(

I agree, I really don't think those biscuits are gonna help. remember we still have to make good food choices with or without restriction.

In addition to the food (I eat one 1/2 to 1 cup a sitting) are you all exercising? I was told that I need to get my heart rate up to 75-85% of my resting heart rate. That burns the most calories. I'm walking at that level 5 days/a week. It feels great!

SanDiego - July did go by fast. Thanks for keeping the list going. It was fun to see our list grow and so many people added. I hope everyone is doing well.

YES,thanks, Susan. Just to let you guys know, someone started a new thread for us July Butterflies to check in with each other. See it in New Posts. Congrads to everyone!:mad2:

3 weeks since surgery (July 28) , when I went to the Dr. last Monday, I was down 13 lbs... I don't own a scale and don't plan to buy one, I feel great:thumbup:

3 weeks since surgery (July 28) , when I went to the Dr. last Monday, I was down 13 lbs... I don't own a scale and don't plan to buy one, I feel great:thumbup:
That's really great, Keep up the good work. :blink:

So I was really worried about my fill...not only the process itself, but actually GETTING it. My surgeon has mentioned that I had already lost so much since surgery (I've lost 27lbs(or in that range( since surgery) and he didnt know if I needed a fill. WELL. He gave it to me since I was still hungry a lot more than he wanted. The procedure went SO well! I did not feel a thing! The 4 days of not eating food was kinda tough again, but I made it thru!

Josh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

event.png

weight.png

Band Date: July 9th, 2008

Surgeon: Dr. Jeff Baker

Insurance: Medica

Heaviest Weight: 315.5

Current Weight: 255 lbs.

Goal Weight: 185 lbs.

First Fill: August 22nd,2008

Freedom is only a word until it is upheld by the roots of its meaning….. CONGRATS TO ALL THE JULY BANDSTERS!

I'm just wondering how everyone's post-op experience has been. I feel like I do not even have a band in. I have lost 16 pounds since my surgery, but that is all thanks to me and not the stupid band! I have been trying to eat what is recommended with the band, but I am straving to death! I thought it would be better once I had my first fill, but no change! Is anyone having this problem?

What is it supposed to fill like when you feel full?

It often takes several fills to make a difference. Hang in there.

Oddly enough, 3.5 weeks out and still on mushies, I still do have restriction. A half cup will usually do me. And I am definitely tighter in the morning. I thought it would be gone by now.

haven't had a fill yet (not until 9/22), I do feel some restriction. 1/2 cup usually does it (depending on what I eat). I notice when I have something like Soup I'm able to eat more, so I tend to stick to things with more substance