Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's Getting Banded in July?

I'm so sorry about your spouse. I am a cancer survivor and I know all the feelings that come with it. You are in our prayers.

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. You both will be in my prayers.

If you are able;

Another trick for releaving the gas pains - sleep on your stomach. the conpression helps and also gas moves through your bowels to be expelled in the morning. I know that isn't socially polite to discuss; but I am a nurse and our motto is "better out than in!"

The tricky part is rollong over to your tummy pos op - take your time.

I am so excited for all of you getting banded this week. You are finally able to have some control in this wacky process. Now you get to use that great band as the tool you wanted to get yourself health and fit.

May God's love and protection surroud you and your healh care team throughout your journey. May God grant you the patience and understanding to gain physical strength and wisdon to share with others.

Enjoy the journey. I am so happy I made this decision.

If you are able;

Another trick for releaving the gas pains - sleep on your stomach. the conpression helps and also gas moves through your bowels to be expelled in the morning. I know that isn't socially polite to discuss; but I am a nurse and our motto is "better out than in!"

The tricky part is rollong over to your tummy pos op - take your time.

As a nurse maybe you know if I will eventually be able to get over on my stomach to sleep again as I lose weight (Im hoping so). I broke my shoulder a week before last Christmas and have bad osteroperosis, bones 70 to 80 years old the bone doc said. I havent been able to stand the pressure on that shoulder since I broke it. I sleep so much better on my stomach. Actually the lapband surgery has taken my mind off the constant pain from my shoulder break and its not bothering me as much lol

Hey i was banded on the 23 and i have alot of burping going on and lots of gas mostly in the morning , but up walking staples look good,no pain which is good. All the nurses at st. Vincents's east in brimingham al were very good i've started on full liquids today?

I would say your body and doctor will be the best determination of when you will be able to sleep on your stomach again. Certainly weight loss wil play a big part of it, but if you are having muscularskeletal issue; that is another ball game all together. Did you get physical therapy for your shoulder?

I know what you mean though, I am a belly sleeper too! It is the best, but someone told me once that when people prefer to sleep on their bellies, it can be a symptom of sleep apnea. It is the bodies way of seeking an easier breathing pattern. (another weight issue)

Just my opinion, but check with your doctor, stay off the tummy until your get your bones healthy.

Hey, thanks to everyone on this board for all the info you're sharing. I've been avidly reading this site since early July and I can't believe I'm being done this Thursday, finally. I'm on SanDeigo Sue's list as "Banditmel" but I changed my user name to better reflect my reasons for doing this. I've lost about 9 lb (4kg for us Aussies) since Optifast started 11 days ago - it's been a hard road but the goal is in sight - surgery. Mackie, I also will send forward healing energies to you and your husband. All the best everyone for this week.

Edited by melaniematters

i was banded 24th - feeling better today hve had alot of pain at the incision points- once wasmade larger than normal so been sleeping sitting up- but today better

May God Bless You this Morning.....I said a prayer for you a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

28 splfrd

28 mamanmidwife

28 vonnegutk

28 Dalene

28 BeverlyDiane

Hi every1,

BeverlyDiane I am praying for your husband. I was banded on Juy 23rd, doc was great hospital stay not so great, but I'm home now that nightmare is over. I am just so bloated, and full feeling that I am very uncomfortable. I've been walking and taking Gas X but so far not so good, today is the first time i've felt hunger but I really don't want to eat or drink because I feel so full. I'm going to contact my case manager to see if she has any suggestions. Wow, my stomach just actually grawled I haven't heard that since the surgery. I quess i'll go make a Protein Shake. I was reading every1 saying they were off and running after 3 days well i'm not quite there yet. My stomach feels like I coud stick a pin in it and let out all the air :lol:

Later fellow bandsters (how cool is that, i'm a bandster)

weight.png

Hi Susan -

Can you add me to the 7/21 bandsters? I've been on the other thread going. Just started reading this thread. Thanks.

Just checking in, doing fine, no pain, only soreness. You can see my post if you want to know more about how it went on the "Over 50" thread. Thanks everyone for your care and concern. For those yet to be banded, believe them when they say it is totally managable and really no need for a panic attack. Taken meds and becoming incoherent. Later...

29 Cherub

29 Jersey Boy

29 zillyanne

29 mickey123

I am saying a prayer for you this morning for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery!

BeverlyDiane....glad to hear all went well. I hope you have a speedy recovery!