Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Tina, although this is a scary time for you...it's also a time of great excitement. You will be starting a journey to a new you and you can do this. Being self reliant is a freeing thing and you will slowly build strength and self-confidence. Do what you have to do for you....

Julie, glad to see you posting again. Having a play area for the girls sounds like a good idea. Have fun with the birthday party.

Cheri, I rarely get bored anymore. I have enough projects and other things to work on that keep me occupied. It's one of the things I have found amazing as I have gotten older. When I was much younger, I would get bored and didn't know what to do with myself but now, I don't have enough time in the day to do what I want.

Janet, I agree with you....it's cold. It's not even 50 here yet and the high is supposed to be in the low 60's. We are wimps compared to the rest of the country aren't we.

I'm doing laundry today...caught up on three days worth of email, will start cutting down oleanders because the bulky trash pickup starts next week, and need to put away Christmas stuff and organize a closet. Oh, and I'm freezing and putting away leftovers. This is my plan for the week. I guess I'll have to do the yard work over the next two days because it looks like it might rain here....might rain.

Spent yesterday cleaning up after the party and we had company for a lot of the day. After everyone left, I was tired and didn't do anything. We had a great Christmas and I'm grateful for my friends and family...including all of you.

I'm back on the choo choo too. Proteins and veggies and fruit is my plan for the next three days. No more white flour and sugar until New Year's Eve. My friend is having a party and I know I won't be totally carb free, but I'm going to behave myself until then and be modest with any carbs I eat then. I'm making posole (pork and hominy soup) for New Years and a vegetarian version. Besides the hominy, it is fairly carb friendly.

Okay, I'm off to do something. My before NY's resolution is to check in daily, if not more often. We'll see where that goes.

Be good....later,

Eva

Tina,

So sorry about your break-up. I think over the past almost 11 years of marriage I became more and more dependant on my DH as I had many physical problems and kept gaining weight partly as a result but then the added weight made the problems worse. I think my DH also encouraged that dependance. He has a need to feel important and needed. He also has a need to be in control and to feel his masculinity is threatened if I question his decisions.

I have a need to feel taken care of, especially in those areas of my life that involve my having to stay on task with things like paperwork, insurance, etc. Unfortunately, he made some very unwise choices with our finances and I had to put big limits on what he could do. He still makes sure the bills are paid but I had to make him accountable to me and to follow the boundaries I set in place. He prefers to grocery shop himself so he can put the groceries away where he wants them and he can make sure he has all his little goodies and food he likes to eat. He makes sure he supplies whatever I want or need as well. He also does most of the cleaning, which, physically, I couldn't handle. Now, I'm doing more of that.

He has tended to use me as an excuse for not accomplishing much else with his life. I know my current mission in life and have a passion for it. I have adopted "act justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with your God," as my life goal and currently spend 10 hrs a day teaching disadvantaged at risk children on the south side of Chicago in a gang and drug riddled decaying neighborhood of Chicago. He has stated that his mission in life is to make sure I'm able to accomplish mine. It sounds romantic, but it has led to conflict.

I do like him to keep us organized and to keep up with paperwork as those are my areas of weakness, part of my ADHD. It does free me up for other things. However, I did just fine doing those things myself in my first marriage and for the three years between marriages.

I find it amazing how well he hid his lone wolff mentality during the time we dated (1 1/2 yrs) and for the first several years of our marriage. The only time I see the Ken I thought I married is when we go dancing (which is how we met). He would appear to be spontaneous and I would find out later that all his off-the-cuff suggestions were previously planned to please me.

We've adjusted to each other pretty well, but it hasn't been easy. I'm very spontaneous and he knows that to keep me happy we do have to get out and do things. It's just seldom with other people unless its relatives. He, at first, got involved in the music ministry with me at church. He plays guitar and writes songs and it went well for awhile. But Ken does not play well with other people. He takes offense easily and holds grudges and then says something to try to burn a bridge with that person. He has more social anxiety than me and can make me even more anxious in a group setting because I never know when he's going to decide to be the life of the party and monopolize the conversation or when he's going to hide in the corner with his plate of food. He doesn't know how to give and take in conversation. Everytime we've joined a small group at church he eventually says something to break off the relationship and then doesn't come anymore, leaving me to attend by myself. Which often has been better for me, at least for a while.

Plus he plays these passive/aggressive games which I have learned to play better than he. I choose not to react but withdraw just enough to give him time to think about what he did and its impact. He comes around and apologizes sooner or later.

We do have fun when we go out and he can't help trying to please me all the time at home so one on one we bump along quite well. But our social life is non-existant.

I think he's adjusted, now, to the fact that I'm healthy again and I have declared my independance in many small ways. I'm much happier now and much better able to live my life without depending on him. I'm healthier mentally, physically, and spiritually. I've set up my boundaries and, in many ways, live my own life independant of him. We coordinate and cooperate, but I don't expect him to meet my "needs." I meet my own needs. Much healthier way to live. Learned to do it with my first husband, didn't need to know I needed to do it with my second one, but I think all healthy relationships actually have a lot of independance in certain areas, interdependance in others, but very little dependance.

As you lose the weight and gain in confidence, you will find out how to be independant and make it.

Cheri

Tina; I am sorry to hear of your relationship problems... seems they always get exaserbated this time of year. My BIL packed up and walked out on my SIL(DH sister) on Xmas Eve... Can you imagine??

I know St. Thomas, On. have family there too... small world isn`t it?

Shopping returns today (YUK) and I finally hemmed my 2 pair of pants today.... for my luggage, which I still havn`t gottwen out yet!!! Gotta get packing...

Phyl, where are you girl? are you driving SOUTH again ??

New Years Eve plans?... Peter has a gig so I am going to go and watch = too depressing to sit home alone... plus I am leavign the next day so I want to spend the time (with) him.... ha,ha.ha.

Tomorrow is our FAMILY Christmas at Bryan(SIL) and Megs(daughter) in T.O. his side of the family will be there too. should be fun... we had a blast last year... lots of YAKII*NG in all languages.. so that is always amusing... translating stuff or just plain playing scherades to make yourself understood... Kids are flying HOME today from Cabo, Mx... I can`t wait to see my baby!!!

Then, Wed. my GF Sally and her hubby come for dinner... THursday I work at the CLINIC... pain!!! but its cash for my trip! or FACE INJECTIONS later in the year!!

gotta pee, see you later

Hey to all....went missing for a bit. Was focused on getting some things done. Got all three trees dismantled and decorations put away. Tote after tote hauled to the basement storeroom. And, as long as I was doing that, decided to give it a good cleaning and reorganization. Took me ALL day yesterday and into the evening. Got a good workout but don't notice an ache or pain today. So strange...now that I'm at a healthier weight, I could do any physical workout and not be stiff or sore. Not sure why but appreciate it.

We've had some crap weather over the weekend but sunny today. Supposed to be in the 30's on Thursday. We are just hoping for a storm-free window when it comes to taking off for AZ. I am just not good at being couped up and especially in a hotel room. I spent so many nights in hotel rooms in MPLS when I had my business (training/education seminars) that I can hardly stand the thought of staying in them any more.

Cheri....you have such a way with your posts in explaining your feelings. I was telling DH a couple of weeks ago. "This lady is a walking medical dictionary". Don't have to google anything that comes up on the thread...I know Cheri will pop in with the explanation. Great way to wrap-up your feeling on life with DH. My DH has absolutely no passive/aggressive tendencies and appreciate it. Not a total saint and there are a few things that drive me crazy but not going to trade him in any time soon. He has a hell of a time keeping track of things (paperwork, wallet, keys, shoes, belts) but I was able to step in and keep those things organized. I am extremely independent and did not lose the ability to keep that throughout of 31 yrs of marriage. I attribute most of being able to remain independent because of our mutual respect for the other and wanting the other to have a life with friends other than our couples friends. DH has few really good friends that he gets out with and travels with. Good for me cuz a couple of the wives are pills and it is just plain painful to sit through a dinner with them. I don't feel that way about most of the wives...just a couple and will come up with any excuse to send him on his way without me if possible. Can only beat my head against the wall so many times trying to make small talk with ppl I have nothing in common with. He feels the same way about a couple of my friends that drive him crazy. I will gladly not put him in a situation where he has to attend anything I do with those friends. And, I agree with him when he complains that they are self-centered and tough to be around. But, they have been a friend for so many years that I am used to their ways and I love them.

It is tough to find "couples" friends. We feel very fortunate for the ones we have and have some great times together. I am daring and throw new couples into the mix when we have parties. Sometimes there is comfort right off the bat and other times you can sense the tension. Always worth a try.

Tina...sorry for your relationship troubles. But, a person cannot live life with someone with constant conflict. There's so much more to life. You need to find peace...even if you are on your own. Do you have a therapist that you can rely on during these trying times? Might be worth a few sessions during this time and until you feel you have your feet firmly on the ground again. Hugs.

On Christmas day I went shopping (internet). I got some really good deals. Found some great gifts for next Christmas and for some upcoming bridal and babies showers next spring. The Christmas gifts I found are mostly pj's, slippers, games....things like that. The extras I throw in for kids like stuffed animals. Was fun and am hoping they all show up b/4 we leave. Otherwise, DS will be left with taking care of it.

Sounds like everyone had a great Christmas (Tina sorry again yours was not what you would have wanted/needed). Not sure what or if we will do for NYE. There are parties to go to an an overnight at a hotel with a bunch of lake friends but our decision will be based on the weather. Really not excited about doing anything this year. Just want to wrap up what we have to do and hit the road....looks like it will be about the 7th. Later than we wanted but cannot get our January contract corn hauled till then.

Thought I had better check in b/4 you all sent someone out to look for me. Will check in later. Back to work.

Merry Christmas!!! I know it's a couple days after but it's still the season! We had a wonderful Christmas after our scare with our daughter going into preterm labor. I could read here while I was in Denver but couldn't post and I so appreciated reading all your thoughts and prayers for me, I was overwhelmed by the love and support! DD got released from the hospital at 6pm on Christmas eve. They had to wait 24 hours from the time they had first given her this injection of some kind of steroid that is supposed to help develop the baby's lungs in case she delivers early. She needed the 2nd injection and then got sprung lose as long as she promised no standing and to take it easy. She behaved pretty good. She's still have contractions however and taking an RX to prevent them. She had a dr appt today and the cervix is still good and not looking like delivery is imminent whatever that means. She has another week of being homebound and then sees the dr again next Monday. She had all this stuff ready to have her first Christmas dinner of her married life with us and her inlaws so DH & I cooked it all while she supervised, it turned out yummy. She had brined a turkey. The kids got me a Kinect for the XBox and the EASports Active game for it, looks like a great workout. I am hoping we have no troubles getting it hooked up. Also we'll be able to video chat with each other.

I had such a hard time coming home this morning. I wanted to stay til tomorrow so I was there while DD went to Dr but DH was in a hurry to get home. I sobbed like anything at the airport this morning. Then to come in and see all the Christmas stuff at home, I started again.

LIke I said I've been reading the posts but unable to respond, but of course can't remember everything I read. I did read a few comments about taking Christmas stuff down already. Really? Am I the weird one for leaving it up til New Year's? I guess I try to hang on to Christmas as long as I can and get kindda depressed taking it down. However, reading about you gals taking your's down has me thinking. It was very hard to come home today and see it all up, knowing it was over. It's the first time ever since having my kids that I didn't have Christmas at my house and it still feels like it should be coming even though I had a wonderful one in Denver. LOL My grandma always said we shouldn't take it down til Jan 6th which in the Lutheran (and probably Catholic) is Epiphany. But I've not usually left it up that long by New Years day I am usually ready.

Speaking of New Year's, we don't do anything New Years eve usually as far as going out. The past several years we've cook crab or lobster at home. New Years Day we are invited to a Rose Bowl party. DH doesn't want to go. I was like Excuse Me? You are the one that wanted me to host that dinner so badly because we need to be more social etc. and now we are invited somewhere and you don't want to go? Needless to say He's going! LOL

Tina, I am sorry your husband left you, lots of stuff to deal with a marriage ending, the holidays and upcoming surgery. Be strong and stay focused on the new healthier you to get through.

Janet, how is your son doing?

Julie, glad your pain has been better, it'll be better when it's gone for good but at least it's not as severe.

Okay I can't remember everything I read to respond to over the past 5 days. I so appreciated each and everyone of you and it helped so much to know you were all praying and thinking of me in my difficult time. You know that neither of my sisters called at all? They knew too that DD was in the hospital and everything.

Great...I never take my Christmas things down until the week after NY. While growing up, the rule was Jan 6. Since we have so much to do b/4 we go south, I needed to get it organized and put away. I am so picky about the house whenever I leave it. Clean undies and a clean house should I not make it back. DS and GF will most likely be the only ones in the house but feel better leaving things in order.

I am sure you are so relieved that things turned out the way they did with DD. Happy you had a nice Christmas. Your sisters not calling just reaffirm their selfish ways. Try to blow it off. Also, let this Christmas (that you did not have at your home) be the start of many great Christmas' to come. Whether it be at your home, your children's homes or relative's homes, what counts is that you were able to be together. It's tough sometimes when traditions are broken but it only opens the door for new ones to be made.

If your tradition is to leave your Christmas decorations up into Jan, do it. Enjoy some evenings with DH and the Christmas tree lights. I cried when I took my trees down because I needed to do it early. But, there's next year.

Got part of the oleanders cut down, some stuff organized, froze left-overs, and I'm making broth with left over bones.

Apples, it does feel good to get things organized and cleaned. I'm hoping I'll get a couple of drawers cleaned out this week too.

Just wanted to stop by and say hi. food is going very well today. Yipee.

Eva

Just checking in........True Grit is a good movie. We went to BBQ place and I got chicken with green Beans and an ear of corn. I know....carbs, but it was good ones. I ate it for lunch and dinner.

Lori, My Christmas is still up. I was going to take it down, but my DGDs haven't said when they are coming to put it in the attic for me. This is the first time I have had it up this long, but no worries....the only plans this week are doctor for my mother on Thursday. I don't think I need a fill yet. My band is so fickle. I am hungry when the weather is warmer. Right now I have good restriction. I probably don't need a fill till the spring.

Apples, I bet you can't wait to get to AZ. BRRRR! I do not envy you peeps in the North. It was 29 this morning for a couple of hours....too cold for me!!! I did walk when it warmed up in the high thirties.

Okay gang, Have a great evening! I am going to start up a fire and get all toasty. I fix my pup a pallet on the toy box and set it in front of the fireplace. He loves it!!! I don't know how to post pics on here, but I did change my profile on FB. It is the best I could get with all the grandkids.....it was like herding cats!

Arlene, too funny, you are commenting on how this is the longest you have had your Christmas stuff up and I am commenting on how early it is to take down. I guess everyone has different traditions. I am seriously considering working on getting some down tomorrow, unless I go shopping that is. Big snowstorm coming on Wed. so might head out tomorrow. I got a gift card to burn! LOL And I sure don't want to drive downtown in a snowstorm. Okay that's it, I talked myself into it. Christmas down on WEd. shopping tomorrow! I gotta stay busy too, it was hard to come home this time from Denver.

Apples, yep looking forward to new traditions too. I really did Christmas up big last year, knowing it was the last one in my home in Denver with both kids as DD was engaged but living at home at the time. It was a special one but this one started new traditions. DD really wanted Christmas dinner at her house this year as she is hoping to start a tradition in that we and her DH's family will always come to her house on Christmas day. Next year we'll have little Katelyn crawling around in all the paper and boxes! Can't wait!

I remember one of the posts I wanted to comment on, Cheri's about the food. You must be my food twin. I hate to cook as well, needs to be easy. Also grapefruit tastes very bitter to me and peppers kindda the same so I must have that pepper gene too. I like simple recipes. And I am awkward in social situations as well. Hence why the dinner party was so hard for me it involved both cooking and socializing.

Good Evening Gang

Just got back from the gym ...

Welcome home Lori - Glad DD is holding her own.. I was born at 7 month - I was a premi - I weighed 3 lbs at birth - had to stay in the incubator for 5 weekd

I usually leave my tree up till after the 6th too - heck it's been up as late as 1/15 and the only reason it got taken down was cuz pple were coming over LOL =but since I didn't decorate this yr - the only thing I had to take down were my card :0) love it..

Joseph is fine divercuticulitus - sp .. He needs to get healthy... They are coming for my birthday next month..

BF - High Fiber oatmeal w/raisins - lunch - Pinto Beans - Pre workout snack 2 multi grain cracker - dinner - meat & veggie

Well time to feed the dogs... cbl

I am one of those people who try to prolong Christmas as much as possible. We'll probably take everything down next weekend but if we don't get to it for another week I don't care. I love the lights. This is such a time of darkness and the Christmas lights help counter it. Dark, short, overcast days and driving to work in the dark and coming home in the dark. The lights and decorations add visual warmth as well. It's darn cold. At least we've been in the 20's and even up to low 30's which beats the single digits and teens we had for several weeks before Christmas. I don't have that much to take down. The ornaments on the tree take the longest. I've simplified what I put up. I only decorate my living room. A few wreaths on the wall, a few draped festoons of everygreen and lights, a few things on top of my piano and china cabinet, a few Christmas pillows on the couches, a pretty green or red tablecloth on the dining room table. It looks very Christmasy but its not a lot of work. Ken usually helps me take it all down. Of course, I can't always find it the next year when he does it. I'm currently missing a tree skirt. I have no idea where he stuffed that.

Today we did end up taking Skylar to Chicago's MI AV N. The Magnificent Mile. We took her to Water Tower Place and went through the American Girl Store. Bought her a small doll. Went up and down the glass elevators. Ate in a nice restaurant. Walked to the Disney Store and showed her a lot of the decorations. I really missed FAO Schwartz, however. The Border's by the Water Tower is closing down and I loved to sit there and read and look out the windows at all the Christmas lights and the horse and carriages.

And Macy's, on the South side of the river,where I never shop anyway, hasn't kept up the Marshall Field's Christmas window displays. And Carson's which was right next door, no longer exists. Those animated window diplays that told a Christmas story used to be one of the staples of Christmas in Chicago. You'd look at Marshall Field's and then look at Carson's. Now, there's not that much for kids to do or see. But we still had fun with her. Walking down Michigan Ave. is always an experience. Maybe we should have taken her to Navy Pier. I hear its quite decked out for Christmas.

So I did get out today. My husband was very reluctant went I first broached the idea with him but by noon he realized he didn't have that much to do on his day off and it might be fun taking a grandkid. So we went and had a good time. He just needs lead time to adjust his mindset. I just suggested it and didn't push it and then went for an hour's walk. Then I came back home and we got a little extra "exercise" since he was caught up on his sleep. And then he decided we should go to Chicago. LOL. Said with German accent, "Ve haf our vays."

So, going to try to get to sleep. Need to get to school by 9 a.m. and Dr.s' by 11:30. Then another 1:30 apptmt. Then my kids and grandkids for supper. So, busy day tomorrow.

Eva, I am not a hobby or project person. I could possibly get into watercolor painting someday. I have also been known to write a children's story when I'm off for a few weeks. But grandchildren have eaten into the time I need to do those things. I try to see them as much as possible but it can be difficult. Normally I do things with my daughter over the holidays, but she's in isolation mode. My husband's job has him sleeping days and going in to work at 10:45. So I have to be quiet during the day and then listen to him talk incessantly for at least 2 hours after he wakes up. My friends are basically work friends so i don't see them over the holidays. I'm actually looking forward to going back to work. I need the structure that work gives me.

Cheri

Julie - Yes I have NYE off since it fell on a Friday - Looking forward to another 3 day weekend ;0)

Your basement idea sounds good - and great exercise going up and down the stairs to ck on them :o) Since I didn't use any wrapping paper this yr - still have stuff from last yr I'm good - When I went to Target yesterday - just wasn't in the mood to shop - yep a 1st for me ;) - Glad your pain wasn't the horrible kind.,.. Have a safe trip, Well gotta get back to work...

Someone told me yesterday.... since 1 Jan is in 2011, their company rule is that "holiday" has to be taken in 2011... so next Monday is their day off, not Friday. Made sense to me.

Stupid LBT is pulling up my quotes from the other thread again!!! GRRRRR!

Phyl, where are you girl? are you driving SOUTH again ??

New Years Eve plans?... Peter has a gig so I am going to go and watch = too depressing to sit home alone... plus I am leavign the next day so I want to spend the time (with) him.... ha,ha.ha.

Tomorrow is our FAMILY Christmas at Bryan(SIL) and Megs(daughter) in T.O. his side of the family will be there too. should be fun... we had a blast last year... lots of YAKII*NG in all languages.. so that is always amusing... translating stuff or just plain playing scherades to make yourself understood... Kids are flying HOME today from Cabo, Mx... I can`t wait to see my baby!!!

Then, Wed. my GF Sally and her hubby come for dinner... THursday I work at the CLINIC... pain!!! but its cash for my trip! or FACE INJECTIONS later in the year!! gotta pee, see you later

No.... not heading south yet... Planning to leave on Sunday.... originally, Monday, but then Earl remembered Monday morning back to work traffic through Tacoma.... Coming north Tacoma traffic was MUCH worse than Seattle/Everett. So... guess we'll leave on Sunday. Will stop at son's for a night or two. Was planning to stop at my sister's in OR, but they don't get back from SLC where they're spending the holidays with their new twin grandbabies until the 3rd. That will be Monday... and then they have to drive home from Portland. So we'll be further south than that by then.

Very tired.....have been over at Tracy & Jim's for 2 days. The four of us kept Jodie & Al's 3 kids so they could have their anniversary getaway. They never get to go to the movies, so they went to one last night and one this morning! And they had a nice dinner last night and stayed in a hotel.

Like I said I've been reading the posts but unable to respond, but of course can't remember everything I read. I did read a few comments about taking Christmas stuff down already. Really? Am I the weird one for leaving it up til New Year's? I guess I try to hang on to Christmas as long as I can and get kinda depressed taking it down. However, reading about you gals taking yours down has me thinking. It was very hard to come home today and see it all up, knowing it was over. It's the first time ever since having my kids that I didn't have Christmas at my house and it still feels like it should be coming even though I had a wonderful one in Denver. LOL My grandma always said we shouldn't take it down til Jan 6th which in the Lutheran (and probably Catholic) is Epiphany. But I've not usually left it up that long by New Years day I am usually ready.

Speaking of New Year's, we don't do anything New Years eve usually as far as going out. The past several years we've cook crab or lobster at home. New Years Day we are invited to a Rose Bowl party. DH doesn't want to go. I was like Excuse Me? You are the one that wanted me to host that dinner so badly because we need to be more social etc. and now we are invited somewhere and you don't want to go? Needless to say He's going! LOL

Okay I can't remember everything I read to respond to over the past 5 days. I so appreciated each and everyone of you and it helped so much to know you were all praying and thinking of me in my difficult time. You know that neither of my sisters called at all? They knew too that DD was in the hospital and everything.

Growing up, we always kept our decorations up until Jan 6th also. And, we don't necessarily stick close to that now, it's usually down no later than that, but sometimes take it all down a day or so after New Years.

We don't usually go out, either, although last year we went to a real fun party at another RV park. This year we'll just be over at our daughter & son-in-law's, probably watching movies! They love to watch movies over and over and they have quite a collection. Tonight we watched "Knowing"! A little freaky, but it was okay.

Morning all and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I've been lurking and reading but kept running out of time to post, just busy few days. Sunday we decided to escape for a few hours and went to see Little Fockers -- cute but not as good as the first one but fun nonetheless.

Had a great Christmas -- most of you saw the pictures on FB -- DGD had a good Christmas and that's what it was all about for me.

I overindulged as well but back on the choo choo yesterday too -- I couldn't wait - truly didn't even enjoy the food -- it's not the same for me any longer -- which is a good thing I think -- it no longer provides me with comfort as it used to -- didn't even taste that great either. However, I did work out every day except Sat. so was proud of that accomplishment.

We have nothing planned yet for NYE -- we usually stay home and watch Dick Clark on tv. Weather is supposed to be warm and rainy so we might venture out to the casino for our crab leg buffet since I'm off on Friday and we could go early. Again, depends on the weather. Supposed to be up to 60 on Thursday -- that will be warm for January for sure -- should melt all the snow.

I was ready to take my Christmas stuff down on Sunday, although usually leave it up until after new year's but DH wasn't ready and didn't feel like getting the boxes out from under the stairs, so we went to the movies instead. I hope to do it Sat. - it's a lot of work as we do lots of decorating -although it's much quicker to put away then to put out. It will still take most of the day and that doesn't include the outdoor stuff.

Christmas Eve and Day went pretty smoothly -- kids were well behaved -- they got presents which I don't think they were expecting (although they've always gotten gifts so not sure why they thought they weren't). For me without my DS and DIL and my family in Florida, it's always a little sad, but I try to be jolly. Thursday afternoon we delivered goodies to several friends and had our Mexican meal (had to have a tamale for Christmas too Janet). I spent all day Friday in the kitchen. We had lots of snow Thursday night/Friday so was glad to be homebound for a few days.

Glad everyone had a great Christmas and safe travels - Phyl take care driving south. Great - so happy everything worked out for DD -- keeping my fingers crossed that eveything progresses as it should. Julie, glad you had a relatively pain free Christmas. Arlene, glad you're on the choo choo -- keep it up. Cheri, so happy you had a nice Christmas. We spent a long Thanksgiving in Chicago about 5 years ago and really had a great time shopping on the Mag. Mile and seeing the Christmas decorations -- we even went to the Thanksgiving parade when we were there -- it was lots of fun. We keep saying we want to go back and do it again. Maybe one of these years.

Janet, that was smart to do the Skype thing -- great to watch Brooke opening presents. Glad your DS is okay -- hope he decides to get healthy - -sometimes that's all it takes is one health scare.

Tina, sorry to hear of your troubles with your partner. Keep your chin up and stick to your food plan even during difficult times -- eating doesn't help or fix anything. Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Apples, I can't blame you for being excited about heading south -- you're winter has been pretty horrible and you deserve that break -- I can't wait until I can finally retire and be traveling snow bird too.

Well, gotta run -- heading to the gym and then work -- glad it's a short week -- rather quiet at work and boring.

Love you all -- no time to post to everyone, but I think of all of you every single day.

Linda