Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Merry Christmas.

Have a Blessed, Happy, and Safe Celebration of this season when Love came down and dwelt among us.

Cheri

Thanks, Cheri! Very insightful comments. I agree... so glad they're not terminating!! DGS mother did many times and I'm sure I should have a few more grandchildren if she hadn't! That was her preferred method of birth control! She was not faithful to our son.... long story. They're still not divorced but haven't seen each other in about 10 years or so. Talk on the phone often, though.

Wel... enough of that!! We had a WONDERFUL Christmas Eve.... attended candlelight services w/both our daughters.. 50 miles apart but we pulled it off and even had dinner with both of them after the earlier service. Sitting around in pjs for now, but will be going over to our daughter & son in law's in about an hour for quiche and a quiet morning with them before the onslaught!! HAHAHA!! DGD & her boyfriend and their two dogs will be coming later. And SIL's older daughter from his first marriage will be coming with her DH & 2 little ones.... so, actually we already have FOUR step-great-grandchildren! Her two and her brother in CA has two. DGS is a fireman/EMT and has to pull a 14 hr shift in the hospital ER where he works (has 3 jobs actually! hospital plus 2 part-time FD jobs.) We may be seeing his GF later, but, sadly, she moved out on him yesterday. I think they're trying to work things out, but.. after less than a month of living together she has decided she wants her freedom! Go figure!

Lori... so very glad to hear DD is okay!!! We were all sending a LOT of prayers her way!! God is good!!

Well, gang.... Again... hope everyone has a WONDERFUL Christmas Day!! I better get off here and make some more phone calls. So far only talked to our DGS in OK... Cody. He lives with his other grandma. It was 9:30 a.m. and he was up by himself playing with his toys and she was still sleeping. He's 10 years old and a real sweetie.

Oh... gotta tell one more story! After service at youngest daughter's church we went back to their house for dinner. I always hang my coat on the end of the banister either at the bottom or the top of the steps going up to the living room/kitchen. I was wearing a purple jacket. So when we left.... took purple jacket off the banister at the bottom, threw it over my shoulders because it was raining but not really too cold so didn't put my arms in the sleeves. I get all the way back to DD#2's house, take it off and discover it's not my coat! It's DD#1's coat! Same color as mine! So I called her and I had to take some teasing.... I'd had NOTHING to drink, honest! Then she says, well, you can have it if you want it. But, I don't think it'll fit you because it doesn't fit me very well anymore! (She's probably at highest weight I've seen her at.) So, with my nose a little bent out of shape, I decided to try it on after I hung up!

FITS FINE, thank you very much!! HAHAHA!!

Merry Christmas to all my friends here at LBT. rolleyes.gif

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Merry Christmas Everyone....

First off, I am so glad to hear that Lori's DD and G baby are doing so much better. Will add my prayers to keep it going in that direction.

I had a great time with my family last night and my kids this morning. Now it is time for peace and quiet while they are gone to their other families.

Peace and love to all.

LauraK

It is 12:20. My guests left at 11:45. They started coming at 6. My husband thought that if he left his car parked in the garage instead of on the street like I suggested that when he had to leave for work between 10:30 and 10:45 they would all leave. Ha. They moved their cars to let him out and came back in. I had introduced them to the game "Catch Phrase". They loved it and didn't want to quit. Then they took family pics. Then they went and collected and shared the leftover food, of which there was a lot. With everybody bringing, Ken and I had overbought and they all overbrought. Especially our son-in-law who is a real foodie. Gift exchange went great. $10-15. We were going to do the Yankee Swap but everyone liked their gifts so we all kept them. My grandaughter (the only GK on my husband's side) was the belle of the ball. She'll be 3 in May and is smart as a whip. They all told me to bring "Catch Phrase" to every family party from now on. The younger adults at the party loved the game as did the older generation. I also had them bring their own booze so nobody was feeling any pain. I am pooped. Got all the perishables put away and will leave the rest of the mess for tomorrow. May actually sleep in tomorrow. I've been waking up between 5 and 6 whether I want to or not. But now I'm truly tuckered out.

Cheri

Oh Cherim, I am so glad you all had a great family time.... You brought back memories when you mentioned CATCH PHRASE... that is an awesome game... and all ages can play together... we`ve had many, many fun family times with it...

My 87 yr old Mother plays.... but she likes to CHEAT... she starts PASSING the contraption BEFORE she`s gotten the clue... too funny!!

Have a blessed day.,

Candice

Oh Cherim, I am so glad you all had a great family time.... You brought back memories when you mentioned CATCH PHRASE... that is an awesome game... and all ages can play together... we`ve had many, many fun family times with it...

My 87 yr old Mother plays.... but she likes to CHEAT... she starts PASSING the contraption BEFORE she`s gotten the clue... too funny!!

Have a blessed day.,

Candice

LOL on your Mom. Smart lady.

Taking a bit of a break from dinner prep to wish everyone a

VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

EVA

I've been without a computer.....virus but got it fixed. I surprised myself that I could do it. Just want to pop on and wish you all a very Merry Christmas. Thanks to all who shared their Christmas stories with us. We had a wonderful day yesterday. Was just the best.

Lori...happy to hear your DD and baby are doing better. I am sure it will be tough for you to leave her. Just enjoy the time you have and try not to worry.

Love to all!

Hey guys

Well, today was a drag. I'm so happy for everyone and that you had such a great Christmas with your families. The only people really left in my family to have Christmas with is Dad, and sister. Dad was in Canada and Sister in L.A. My kids were at their dads this year...it was dads turn for Christmas since we had them last year.

A very lonely Christmas indeed. It was just us and we just had a quiet day. No dinner, no presents, no kids, no nothing...i laid in bed part of the day just feeling sorry for myself but then got up, played my game a little and got on lbt and read some stuff in the forums.

I made Curry chicken for dinner, very lite and nearly fat free. 9 points total for a serving. Yummy and good for you. Here is the basic recipe:

Curried Chicken

2 Onions peeled and diced into medium pieces

I clove of garlic diced

2-3 Cups of skinless boneless chicken Breast cubed

1.5 cup up fresh carrots (sliced carrots)

1 cup of green peas (frozen is best)

1/2 cup of rasins

2 cans of fat free chicken broth

1/8 cup of flour

3 tablespoons of Mild or Hot curry powder

Directions: Cut up Chicken into cubes and saute with Onion and garlic pieces. Add a little curry tossed into the garlic, onion and chicken. When chicken and onion are cooked add Carrots, peas and raisins. Add broth and remainder of curry powder. Cook until veggies are done (soft) and then put flour and about 1/16 of a cup of Water into a shaker. shake the flour and water. Slowly pour into curried mixture to thicken to your desired thickness.

Super easy and super good. If you have any questions let me know im not a recipe writer haha im not sure of all the correct terms for the different ingredients. It serves about 5 people. I use about 1 cup of the mixture as a serving. I put it over rice about 1/2 cup of rice then pour the mixture over my rice. Its yummy. You can buy pita pockets too that are great with it. i know you cant eat as much as i can right now of course but its super low fat for anyone who hasnt had surgery yet. If you get the mild curry there is no spice to it either for those who have had surgery already.

Anyway, it sounds like everyone had a great Christmas, it was really weird not celebrating this year...we used to have some really nice family Christmas's. With Mom gone its just not the same.

Laters,

Tina unsure.gif

I just got home from my parents to find a bunch of cards in the mailbox. Thank you to all my wonderful LBT friends for the Christmas wishes. I hope everyone had/has a wonderful holiday. Love to you all.

Hugs,

Chris

CHRISTMAS DAY EVENING

Almost everyone has left except those spending the night...my SS and brother. A good party and a mess to clean up tomorrow. There's nothing that won't wait.

I'm tired.............so tomorrow will be clean up the house and do nothing else. Monday is another day with another project.

Good evening everyone...Merry Christmas once again.

Eva

Good Christmas Evening Gang...

Got up at 6:45 - Joseph was to call so we could skype - heck they didn't get up till 8 - I told Brooke last nite that I was always the 1st one up on Christmas LOL I always have to wake everyone else up - It was great to get to watch them open presents.. Andrew got here around 10 ish he left around 1 - I took a nap - Talked to my Sister - my nephews Jimbo & Stephen called (they are my bro Jimmy's kids) then I was looking for my nephews to see if they were on fb and found this article from 1962 in Palm Springs Life where my Dad was interviewed about the date business. That was so cool to find on Christmas - sorta like my Dad was here - Miss him so much especially this time of yr..

http://www.palmspringslife.com/Palm-Springs-Life/Desert-Guide/March-2010/Coachella-Valley-Date-Industry/

Well must report I did eat my Xmas Cookies last night - but now done w/them ;0) having Fish & squash for dinner

Tina - your dinner sounds good my Mom use to make curry..

Well going to hit the couch - Talk to you all tomorrow...

That article is sooooooooooo cool, Janet. I bet it was just so great to come across that article today.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas. Ours was very quite but good. Love to all

So for the first time since 1880 we had snow in GA on Christmas day. We got 3 inches yesterday (I leave in Northern GA the Gainesville area) with more coming today; actually it is snowing a little right now. I know not a big deal for those of you that live in snowy areas however GA pretty much shuts down when we get this much snow since no one knows how to drive in it I guess. Being from Fl this is a fun a rare event and it is so pretty if I can get a picture posted I will.

Janet - that is a cool article to find on Christmas and it was interesting to read as well