Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Lori.......still lifting your DD up in prayer. I will be checking to see if you post. HUGS! and PRAYERS! for you and family today! Love ya.

Lori, still praying for your daughter and her baby and for you and your husband. You must be terribly scared. They can do so much nowadays but things still happen. Sometimes life is very difficult. I'm praying that God will walk with all of you through this time and that you will receive the comfort of the Holy Spirit. Hold to His hand when you're powerless. You will get through this whatever the outcome.

Cheri

Lori - Prayers - Love & Hugs

Good Morning Peeps..

I did NOT eat any Cookies last night !!!!! WTG Janet - I slept like a log !!!! Gotta get moving - already got half my vacuuming done - need to frost Cookies (not a morning sweet person so no problem there), mop, empty the dishwasher - and vaccum living room and really need to get hair colored I have about an 1/2 inch of white showing and it's only been 4 weeks since I last colored it ..

Andrew called last nite - he has to work today (both jobs) but said he will be here tomorrow ;0) Will skype w/Joseph and family in the morning to see Brooke open her presents - Love the internet :0)

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVE TO ALL !!!

Will CBL

Sending prayers for Lori's DD & SIL. Surround them with love and strength.

Well house is cleaned - Cookies Frosted - now gotta wrap Andrew's Present - Color hair .

Well house is cleaned - Cookies Frosted - now gotta wrap Andrew's Present - Color hair .

Lori, we are all thinking of you and your family.

Hugs and love

Chris

Hugs and prayers, Lori!! Hope all is going well.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Very busy day today.

Yes, in the midst of preparations too!

Yeah, it's Christmas Eve and all the grocery shopping is done, most of the cleaning is done (just need the last minute vacuuming and bathroom cleanup tomorrow) and some of the cooking prep is done. I'm really trying hard not to be so stressed and tired tomorrow. It will be different for me if everything is together and cleaned early.

I finally got enough sleep and feel rested. It's been several days where I'm just tired for most of the day. I went to sleep rather early for me and got up at a reasonable hour and feel good. Wow.

Lori, it sure does help to have a workout partner. I thought I would go down and walk with someone I used to work with, but I need seem to get to it. It would be very nice to walk with someone here, but I haven't found anyone in the neighborhood that will commit to it.

Cheri...I think I'm going to do your all Protein thing after Christmas. Your advise and information is quite interesting. I want to say I'm also glad you are on the thread. A long time ago you mentioned you didn't have many friends and had a hard time dealing with people. Over the last year, your posts have changed and I think you are learning about being and accepting friends. It's very nice to have you as a friend.

Hey Phil, glad you made it home. Enjoy your family!

Tina, sounds like you've come a long way in getting your life together. The lap-band is work, but it is a wonderful tool and it really does help if you are willing to use it as a tool. Welcome to the group!

Joyce, glad to hear there's no damage to that knee besides the soft tissue issue. Water aerobics would work, just find a different class where you aren't jumping so much or do your own modified version of it.

Julie, I'm so glad to hear you are getting a little relief...it's about time.

Janet, thanks for the card....it is so you and I loved it. It's a card I will keep as an example to use for future card making. So if you were closer, you could come spend Christmas here.

Laura, hugs to you and your family. I'm glad to hear your Dad has found some peace and you will be there for your Mom. That will be the toughest part of all this in the end. Have a joyous Christmas and enjoy your family. Don't worry (of course that is easier said than done) you can't do anything about anything except how you yourself act. Love them and let them know you love them, it is the highest honor.

Arlene, I'll email the beef Jerky recipe I make...it's very dry and not sweet, but I like it. It also gives you a lot to chew on for quite a while. I can't believe you have a 22lb turkey to cook.....OMG. I hope you like left overs or are feeding a small army.

Apples, really glad to hear everything is alright with DH for now. Don't worry about the negative side of posting, it's part of why we are here....there are good days (or weeks) and bad days (or weeks) for all of us. There is a lot of stuff to do here....hiking, shopping, touristy thing...you won't have any problem keeping yourself busy. I'm sure I'm going to like Tanker, just hope he like me. The thing I wish for the world would be for everyone to treat everyone else with love and/or respect.

Jodi, best wishes to you and your family. Glad Dassi liked the cards.....it is fun to get the. E-cards just aren't the same. Don't worry about sending out cards....it's not for everyone and there are no expectations here. Have a wonderful year end and post when you can. It is a very busy time of year.

Linda, I love to cook and host dinners or whatever, but I'm not good at "serving" and don't want to be good at it. What I love is getting a bunch of people together and "lurking". I love to listen to their conversations and thoroughly enjoy watching them enjoy themselves....just don't ask me for a beverage or appetizer....you need to get your own....they are out there on the counter. Wow, that is interesting about the compression socks....let us know how that works for you.

Greetings Chris...hope you and the family are doing well.

Jessica....have a wonderful Christmas and good luck...onederland will be here before you know it!

Greetings to everyone else I've missed. I'm still catching up on posts....only two more pages to go. LOL

Lori, Hugs and prayers to your daughter and to you!

Lori, still praying!!!

Okay, dressing is made.....2 9x13 pans. 22lb bird in the oven. All that is left is a cake and deviled eggs.

Janet, my DD said she will start doing the dressing.

Eva, I would love your Jerky recipe. Pm me when you have time. no rush......too much going on the next couple of days.

Well, the front must be getting close. I have already had a warm bath today to relax my muscles. I hear that so many are having record snow. I am glad it is not going to snow here, but it will be cold for sure.

Merry Christmas to all! .......and to all a Peaceful Night!

Melissa, so wonderful when you can go to work and like it. It is torture to know you have to go each day and hate it.

It is much better to like my job than to hate it like I have in the past

I want to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas!!!.....and a Big Thank You for support you have given me. A special SHOUT OUT to Janet our Sheriff that keeps the Posse in check. Love Y'all!!!!

Yes Janet and everyone else thank you so much for your support.

So Please understand I am not just the Sheriff here - but w/my own family - I am PASSIONATE about pple understanding that we aren't dieting - that we aren't taking the easy way out - but that for us to lose the weight with or without the band - we can't diet - we have to learn that we MUST make this about a total lifetime lifestyle change in our eating and exercise habits..

Janet - you are such a passionate person and I love the fact you want to educate everyone. Love you

Charlene...

Ilkb4me...

1dayatatime... Thank you all for the encouragement! It's so nice to know I'm not alone in my crazy thinking before surgery. It's been a little stressful but I know that all will work out fine. I am looking forward to being part of the "normal" size crowd. Getting to shop at a normal store. The little things have me very excited. My mom is also very excited for me. She called yesterday with the news that a girl she works with that had her band placed in September has already lost 44 lbs. My mom seemed thrilled with that. While I'm not planning to make this a competition - I think averaging 10 pounds a month is an alright goal. That may be a little on the slower side but it'll still get me to goal within the first year :rolleyes: I can't even imagine but I'm so happy thinking about it.

Swan - Anytime that is what we are all here for ask any question no matter the subject and we all will answer we are one big family on this board.

Everyone sending cards, thank you so much. It is so nice to know I have such wonderful LB friends. You guys out did all of my family. Know that it was very appericated and I love you all.

Lori - Prayers for you and your family I pray they can stop the labor

Merry Christmas Everyone !!!! I wish you all a wonderful time with your family and friends.

Good Evening Gang !!!

Well my Uncle & Bro & GF just left - kitchen cleaned - and all I have had was a little guacamole and chips - when I am entertaining and doing all the prep stuff - it makes me not hungry - don't ask me why - I haven't had any Cookies either..

Got a disturbing call this afternoon - Joseph in the ER with bad stomach pain - he has a herina that we know of - he had this pain a while back I guess but wasn't that bad - well today it was bad enough to go to ER - They gave him a cat scan - wasn't the herina - no gall stones - thinking it diverticulitis - I was afraid that I was going to have to fly up there if he had to have surgery - but thank God it wasn't/isn't anything thing that bad - he's just going to have to change his diet - which he needs to do anyway ;0)

Cheri I agree w/Eva - Your post have changed so much since you started posting and now you can say you have a whole bunch of gf 's ;0)

Eva thanks - I thought you would like the card since you make them.. Rest tonite - enjoy tomorrow - I was sorta stressing about having my bro and his gf over - she can get on my nerves big time - but they were both really ok tonite (they weren't high) and they brought gifts - got a cute hoodie and a red sequin blouse and a purse - really thoughtful of them - hell all I gave this yr was hickory farms thingie and a plate of my Cookies and some tamales.. My Uncle appreciated having somewhere to go for Christmas - he's a loner most days - So I am glad I had them over . I bet if you cut the starches carbs you will see the diff in how you feel and how the scale will react... Enjoy your day tomorrow

Charlene How many pple are you having over ?

Melissa - Hug & love right back at you girl and yes I am passionate - My Uncle thinks I should be a LB spokes person and travel around the States sharing my lb knowledge ;0)

Well gang just wanted to ck - in - gotta go watch It's a Wonderful Life -

CBL

Lori continued prayers..