Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hi All,

No luck yet finding the pup. My sis has looked for two days after work and has not seen any sign of him. Last night she left his cage (with a tarp over it) with his blankets and some toys, and a bowl of food near the woods for him. When she went tonight she said that the blankets had been "fluffed" but no sign of him. The food hadn't been touched either. We are all so very sad. I know that the animal people don't understand, but I feel like we lost a part of our family. So sad.

Stayed home from work today. Wasn't feeling 100% yet from the flu. Still am not feeling great. But, will stick it out tomorrow and Thursday for two VERY busy days at work.

Ok, Sorry to keep it short. Will try to post on everyone tomorrow. I feel like I'm in my own little pity party right now. I apologize for that.

Love all of you.

Good Evening Gang

This is a drive by - it's almost 8 and I need to go eat and get my t.v. time in..

Tina GF let me tell you so you can tell all those pple out there who think WLS is the easy way out - That it IS NOT - that the work is up to you to make healthy food choices - as I said earlier if I want I can eat 1/2 gallon of ice cream the band isn't going to stop that - I could eat 2 cups of mashed potatoes topped w/white gravy - the banded isn't going to stop me - those are the food that got me fat in the 1st place - I did 75% of the work by eating healthy and exercising - the band did the other 25% by providing restriction - like I said I can't eat 8 oz steak. If WLS is the easy way out how come so many pple who have it gain the weight back - cuz they quit eating healthy - they quit going to the gym - I am a WW girl as I think it's the most healthy eating plan out there - it's really how I eat.. If I'm hungry I eat more veggies..

Julie - I'm fine - just busy doing nothing - gym - fb - christmas - dogs - house - work - you know the regular day to day stuff - like tonite got home from the gym - then had to wrap (bags) the gifts up that I got pple at work - need to take them tomorrow cuz some pple won't be there on Thursday.. Then chatted w/Chris on fb - then answered a pm I got from a newbie.. now just making it here - scaned the post and now posting and it's 8:24 and I haven't eaten - but I feel bad if I don't post - Just not enough hrs in the day ;0) - Yep I thought the card was a good representation of me ;0)

Charlene - GF what are you waiting till the 26th - Start today... Why put off tomorrow what you can do today - you gotta learn to eat in moderation - if you are going to have treats - then you gotta eat a smaller bf - lunch - dinner and exercise more - this is why I think counting calories is so very important - you can't eat your normal bf lunch dinner then add another 500 cal in treats 7 days in a row - you are going to gain weight .. I think you are dieting and that's why you are having problems - you DH had surgery - you guys shouldn't have any junk in the house period.. You both are suppose to be eating healthy- holidays is no excuse - If you can't stop at one cookie then just don't start.. I look at pple all day at work who complain about their weight - but you know what - they are constantly eating the junk in the lunch room - I want it too - but I know what it will do if I eat it - I will gain weigh.. I don't want to - so I just say no.. Plus it's junk - it's sugar/fat - I Love myself enough to say no - you can't eat like that.. Like I said since both you and dh should be on the wagon - then it should be easier for you not to have the crap in the house.. Planed treats...

My plan treats are as follows - Friday Christmas Eve & Christmas Day I will have a tamale & some Beans and a few Xmas Cookies - I will watch what I eat for my other meals

Ok it's now 8:37 I gotta get off the computer.. I am pooped -

Love to all -

Hey everyone~

Sorry I have been out of touch for a few days. Last week was so busy- between dr's appts for the rash, volunteering at Nels' school, working and finishing shopping- there was little time for ME. Last day of school was Friday and although I really needed the day to get my stuff done, I felt guilty (again) that the teacher didn't have anyone sign up for helping with their movie day. So although I had done more than my fair share of time and $ on the class- I went and bought the hot chocolate and donut holes from DD for their "Polar Express" day. (My Son's favorite movie of all time- he brought his train and all!) I could tell the teacher was very appreciative. I am proud that I motivated at least 50% of the parents to donate money for her gift card. His teacher has been teaching for 20+ years and I knew the last things she needed was another Chotchkie- so we opted for a visa card. One size fits all. : ) She did reveal to me once that chocolate covered pretzels were her all time favorite and BJs had a Godiva gift bowl filled with goodies- definitely something you wouldn't buy yourself and the bowl would make a nice fruit bowl. I think she was happy. Teachers have one of the toughest jobs on this earth. Not sure how they do it! School is out for two weeks- and although I do LOVE LOVE LOVE my son, I am always ready for school to start back..LOL. Just had some me stuff I wanted to do (pedicure and more shopping) that I won't get to do until January). But alas, I will survive.

I just now caught up on most of the posts. My you guys are a busy bunch! Will try to comment on a few- apologize in advance for forgetting someone.

Lori~ Have fun hugging your kids! awww.

Julie~ Hope the pain lets up. Sounds like you have had a week like mine!

Apples~ Thinking of you. Hugs.

Meredith~ Hope you are over your flu. Not fun.

Eva~ Nelson loved loved loved the JD Christmas ornament!!! Thank you so much for thinking of him!!! So sweet. : ) And also got your beautiful card. Thanks. : )

Janet~ Loved your card! I MIGHT try and get some out- in all my free time, but better late than never.

LadyK~ speedy recovery for the knee. hugs.

Arlene~ hang in there. just plan on maint. for the holidays- it's ok

Melissa~ how is work going?

Jewel~ WTG on the exams. You are doing great!!!

We had such cold weather for 4 days and now will get cold again! I am really hoping it stays in the 70s for my folks. Thanks to you all for all the well wishes for them. I feel the love. They are arriving Thursday. Dad wants a traditional turkey dinner with all the fixings! He asked me NOT to get the new england dinner I was planning on. So now might do a Ham or rib roast Friday- and Turkey on Saturday. I have a lot to do tomorrow. Will have house cleaned in the afternoon (thank God for my Brazilian goddesses!!!) But I still have to get all the laundry done and put everything away and in its place. I got talked into a playdate in the afternoon with one of DH's partners. He is the one that just had a baby 3 weeks ago and he has his 6 year old ADHD nephew all week d/t a family emergency. He desperately needs him out of the house for a couple hours so the wife can get some rest. I can't have him at the house- since they will be cleaning. So will go the the putt putt/bouncy house place. Then after I will need to get my grocery shopping done! Pick up my folks and sis Thursday morning around 10am. My parents really wanted to come alone but felt guilty about leaving her for the holidays. (although I secretly think she would have enjoyed the alone time). and my brother lives 30 min away and she could have had Christmas dinner there. But anyway, they are bringing her. She is 10 times harder of a guest than my parents. Nels will give up his room for her and sleep on an air mattress in his playroom.

I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way (feel I have to preface the statement). I am just having mixed feelings with the holiday. I am so excited that they are coming down! Yet, a small part of me is sad. I keep thinking it might be the last one- and this wave of fear just overcomes me- and paralyzes me with anxiety and sadness. I worry about my mom. I worry about Nelson. I worry about myself. Dad is the one who appears to have it the most together right now. (And that even worries me). On the outside, no one knows. I am very VERY good at appearing to have it all together. I am organized and festive and cheerful to be around. It's at night when I am alone with my DH that I let it out and vent. He has been my rock through all this. Listening when I need to talk- and explaining when I need to hear the truth. He is really preparing me slowly but surely for the inevitable. But at the same time reminding me that doctors do NOT know it all. Only God knows when it will be his time. SO true. My Dad told me again today (he just finished day 14 of radiation and they gave him a diploma), that if he died today- he would have no regrets, not one. He said he is living his life the best way he knows how and has done everything he wanted to do. He said he isn't ready to die b/c he wants to do MORE of those same things he has done. But he does have a certain peace about him- for himself. He is worried about my mother. Although tears were running down my face as I talked to him (and I think he knew- even though I tried my damnest to hide it), I promised him that I would make sure of it that she was ok. I meant it- and I know he knows I did.He said, "I know you will. You are the kid I always know I can count on." He said he was looking forward to seeing us all for the holidays- and asked me not to fuss about food and groceries and such. Of course he knows I will- b/c that's what I do. I get joy from seeing my family together and everyone happy and comfortable. I will admit, that I make myself a little crazy worrying about the details in the days coming up to it- but I do calm down and enjoy once everyone is here. I will document the hell out of this Christmas. Thank God for digital photography. (and my new camera!)

We took some pics before the Christmas Party Saturday night. I don't like them very much. I didn't feel my best- just got off steroids and antibiotics and still blotchy and stuff. We all have those moments when we don't like ourselves in photos. This was one for me. And I am a ham in front of a camera, especially since losing weight. I am not fishing for compliments please. just will share them despite my feelings. Our new babysitter took them. Nelson was being silly and insisted on wearing a pirate hat and eye patch in some of them. For some reason I am not seeing the photo attachment now that I switched to advanced. ugghhh. Might have to retry.

Peasout.... Laura

rss.jpg

All I can say, Laura, is HUGS, HUGS, HUGS! I hope you have a wonderful, and well-documented Christmas, though bittersweet in so many ways.

Ladies and gentleman..... I am way behind on reading posts! I was doing pretty good keeping up on my phone in the car, but we arrived at our daughter's around 4pm and stayed for dinner. So we got home a few hours ago and you people have been extremely busy I think!

So... just let me say, I'm exhausted.... and I can't think straight right now. We had a good visit w/son and his family yesterday, good visit w/daughter this afternoon, and glad to be home. Zoey went bonkers for over an hour when we got home... running up and down the hall, throwing her toys around wildly and just generally acting crazy. candy stood post at "her" door... the spare room, and growled every time Zoey ran by.

And now I'm going to sign off until tomorrow!

Hey everyone - okay I'm having a big freak out moment and I guess I need to know if anyone else had this. I am about 5 days preop and I've been super emotional lately. It's cycle time (TMI sorry) so that kind of makes me more emotional anyway but not this much. I, personally, think that it's fear of what's to come. I'm afraid of surgery, afraid of being put under, afraid of how my body will react to pain meds (i've never been on any prescription pain meds). Then part of me is questioning whether I will fail at this too. After trying to many things throughout my life, I can't help but think nothing may work. I wonder how my husband will feel about the new me if I do change shapes and then if my shape will go to my head and turn me into a big *itch. I've never been one to not live my life because of my shape and I guess I never really dealt with how fat I am. Now, taking such a huge drastic measure - I can't avoid the fact that I'm fat. Maybe I'm the girl that always thought I wasn't as big as I am. I have always felt my husband is pretty "out of my league." I'm just nervous about all the changes. Please tell me I'm not alone... how did you deal with your crazy emotions?

I just now caught up on most of the posts. My you guys are a busy bunch! Will try to comment on a few- apologize in advance for forgetting someone.

Lori~ Have fun hugging your kids! awww.

Julie~ Hope the pain lets up. Sounds like you have had a week like mine!

Apples~ Thinking of you. Hugs.

Meredith~ Hope you are over your flu. Not fun.

Eva~ Nelson loved loved loved the JD Christmas ornament!!! Thank you so much for thinking of him!!! So sweet. : ) And also got your beautiful card. Thanks. : )

Janet~ Loved your card! I MIGHT try and get some out- in all my free time, but better late than never.

LadyK~ speedy recovery for the knee. hugs.

Arlene~ hang in there. just plan on maint. for the holidays- it's ok

Jewel~ WTG on the exams. You are doing great!!!

Dittos on everything Laura said including me. Laura, Hugs! It sounds as though your dad has made peace with his condition. This will be one of the most memorable Christmases ever for your family. I know y'all will have a great time. I hope your rash is settle down. It is going to be 80 here today. I think we have weather one day ahead of you. The next cold front is Christmas Day. I think the high is around 40. Maybe you will get it a day late.

Well, I lost two of the lbs I gained. I had been taking tylenol every night so I could sleep all night. Tylenol makes me retain Fluid. I quit taking it. I want to be down 5lbs by the 26th. One of my issues too is i haven't been drinking enough Water.

Cheri.....I am on the Choo Choo today. My order of Honey Milk came in. (20 grams protein). If any of you ever want a good low cal, high Protein Drink and lactose free...this is it. I love the chocolate and coffee. You can get it on their site or Buy.com .

Swan.....I is normal to have anxiety before surgery especially if you have been on a pre op diet. I only took one pain shot in the hospital. I took liquid Tylenol at home. Be sure you have adult liquid Tylenol and Gas X strips on hand. The strips help with the gas that is left from the surgery. Plan on walking several times a day. It really helps with the gas . You will do fine. HUGS!!!!

Gotta get ready to sit with DGS. I want to get a walk in first. Thanks peeps for all the support. I could not have made this journey without your encouragement and love. LOVE to ALL! Have a great day!

cannot for the life of me figure out how to post pics. I don't want to do it in code- just the ole fashioned attach. rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Cleaning, washing, organizing, etc. read: trying to make my house look like I keep it spic and span and spotless 24/7/365. My DH just laughed at me last night and went to bed. I don't know what it is- I get this way only when my parents are coming. Maybe b/c my sister is such a slob, that I feel I have to overcompensate. ??? Not that it matters- no time to figure out why- gotta get back to organizing..LOL.

I will likely not be on much for a while. Will someone please give me some easy to follow instructions for the pics. Or maybe this is a conspiracy..LOL... you guys are tired of seeing my photos?! Can you tell I haven't had enough sleep?

xoxo Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year! (seriously doubt I will get my cards out in time).

peasout..Laura

Swan,

I remember all feeling that scared feeling also. Then after thinking what the hell did I do. It will all work out for you. It is the best thing I ever did for myself. You can do this, take the control of your life back from food.

Laura, hugs for you and your family.

Better get to work, I'm back again today feeling better a bit.

LauraK

Hey there friends............. Lots of good stuff to read tonight.....

Joyce, so happy it is just a minor setback.... you'll be back to your old self soon... just take it easy....

Tina, sounds to me like you need to give yourself way more credit than you do.... You have conquered horrible addictions that have ruined others ...... you are still plugging away... be proud of what you have done and in order to do it you used food..... good for you that you found a way... Now, you have to get the food in the right place.... The band will be just the tool you need to finish this personal makeover you started.... No, the band isn't the easy way out... I think if you want that you need to do bypass moreso than band or sleeve...... Please start realizing all you have accomplished so far and that you can do this, too, with the right help and support...... WTG girl.....

Tina GF let me tell you so you can tell all those pple out there who think WLS is the easy way out - That it IS NOT - that the work is up to you to make healthy food choices - as I said earlier if I want I can eat 1/2 gallon of ice cream the band isn't going to stop that - I could eat 2 cups of mashed potatoes topped w/white gravy - the banded isn't going to stop me - those are the food that got me fat in the 1st place - I did 75% of the work by eating healthy and exercising - the band did the other 25% by providing restriction - like I said I can't eat 8 oz steak. If WLS is the easy way out how come so many pple who have it gain the weight back - cuz they quit eating healthy - they quit going to the gym - I am a WW girl as I think it's the most healthy eating plan out there - it's really how I eat.. If I'm hungry I eat more veggies..

Julie - I'm fine - just busy doing nothing - gym - fb - christmas - dogs - house - work - you know the regular day to day stuff - like tonite got home from the gym - then had to wrap (bags) the gifts up that I got pple at work - need to take them tomorrow cuz some pple won't be there on Thursday.. Then chatted w/Chris on fb - then answered a pm I got from a newbie.. now just making it here - scaned the post and now posting and it's 8:24 and I haven't eaten - but I feel bad if I don't post - Just not enough hrs in the day ;0) - Yep I thought the card was a good representation of me ;0)

Charlene - GF what are you waiting till the 26th - Start today... Why put off tomorrow what you can do today - you gotta learn to eat in moderation - if you are going to have treats - then you gotta eat a smaller bf - lunch - dinner and exercise more - this is why I think counting calories is so very important - you can't eat your normal bf lunch dinner then add another 500 cal in treats 7 days in a row - you are going to gain weight .. I think you are dieting and that's why you are having problems - you DH had surgery - you guys shouldn't have any junk in the house period.. You both are suppose to be eating healthy- holidays is no excuse - If you can't stop at one cookie then just don't start.. I look at pple all day at work who complain about their weight - but you know what - they are constantly eating the junk in the lunch room - I want it too - but I know what it will do if I eat it - I will gain weigh.. I don't want to - so I just say no.. Plus it's junk - it's sugar/fat - I Love myself enough to say no - you can't eat like that.. Like I said since both you and dh should be on the wagon - then it should be easier for you not to have the crap in the house.. Planed treats...

Thank you guys so much for your comments it helps a lot. Sometimes i dont realize all the things i have conquered.

My mother was the most determined person i ever knew. She had Leiomyo Sarcoma, a rare form of non genetic Cancer. When the doctors told her she had no hope. That there was nothing more they could do for her, she said "to hell with them i will show you".

Well, long story short. My mother went on a holistic diet high in Alkaline and lived another 2 years that what they said she would. They originally gave her 8 months. The diet she was on consisted of Juicing veggies, taking about 20 supplements a day, and drinking a Water high in alkaline all day long. The juiced veggies looked like a thick green sludge. But it was so she would live longer, to see her family longer.

You see my point of this story is that i forget that my mom's blood runs through my veins too. I come from the most stubbornly determined line of women in the world. So can i do this? Can i beat this last addiction , one day at a time?

Yes, i absolutely can! If my mother can fight for her life doing those crazy things i can totally lose this weight.

Thanks guys for reminding me of that.

Laters,

Tina

My trainer kicked my butt tonight. She is such a little cutie. She made a framed certificate for me which says that I was her most improved client for the year 2010. I really have come a long way.:D

Sandy - That is so cool of your trainer

Hope is a word you use when speaking about others - I hope Janet is on time for our appointment - you hope because you have no control over me being on time..

But you do not use the word HOPE when speaking about yourself as you do have control over what you choose to put in your mouth - I don't hope to be successful - I WILL BE SUCCESSFUL !!!!

Janet - that is so true.

Arlene and Melissa, I understand that need to have just that little something sweet. Even if its just fruit. But I also know that in order to lose the weight, I have to have days where I don't even have fruit or veggies. It's the only way I can turn off the carb cravings. Also, if you're not eating carbs and you're eating high Protein, you don't store the fat as fat. Your body will use the fat as fuel. Believe it or not, you can eat more calories and experience more satiety with no carbs. I still haven't gone totally no carb but I'm just within my weight range so the urgency isn't as great for me. I only want to lose 1 or 2 lbs. But when I did need to really lose, I had days where all I ate were Protein drinks and meat. Man did I lose. But don't beat yourself up. If you save some healthy carbs for supper only and they are combined with a lot of Protein, you will not shoot your blood sugar up much and you'll still spend most of your day in fat burning mode.

Somebody on this thread said their Dr. believes in staying in ketosis, which you wake up with since you've been fasting, as long as possible throughout the day. He actually only drinks undoctored coffee all day and only eats at night. Now, that won't work if you're diabetic, but sticking to protein all day with no carbs will keep you in fat burning mode, just not to the same extent. Save your carbs for supper when you're starving. Then, don't eat again the rest of the night.

Since neither of you seems to be able to totally say no to the carbs, even for a day, try doing that.

Cheri

Cheri - Thanks that makes alot of sense

Hello all,

I thank you all for your kind and warm welcome. :) I am feeling better since i got on the WW plan and have started dropping a little of the weight before my surgery. Dont seem as depressed today.

My doctor's office called today to say they have all of my information together and are ready to meet with me one on one to set up the surgery and talk to the surgeon. YAY! Im so excited. The appt is set for Jan 3rd!!!

Tina

Tina - congrats on your Appt

Melissa, same goes for you as Arlene...... just try to maintain through the holidays if it is so difficult... then hit it hard afterwards.... Cheri's protein idea is a good one... best of luck... you guys can do this....

no pain yet, anyway.... It's almost too much for me to take in that it could finally be time for this part of my life to be over... I'm praying it is, but am a bit like my DD.... hate to think that way for fear I will jinx it.... I have been without pain for a few days before and it came back.... It's been 8 days now..... Julie

Julie - I am so happy for you being pain free I am praying for you that this new plan of meds works for you

No luck yet finding the pup. My sis has looked for two days after work and has not seen any sign of him. Last night she left his cage (with a tarp over it) with his blankets and some toys, and a bowl of food near the woods for him. When she went tonight she said that the blankets had been "fluffed" but no sign of him. The food hadn't been touched either. We are all so very sad. I know that the animal people don't understand, but I feel like we lost a part of our family. So sad.

Love all of you.

Meredith - I prayer your sister's dog comes home. I truly understand that the puppy is part of your family. That is how all my animals have been; a part of the family

Peasout.... Laura

Laura - Work is going great!!! I stay busy all day. Alot of lifting, walking and preparing meals. The meals are not cooked so no worrying about eating. I am enjoying the job

Hey everyone - okay I'm having a big freak out moment and I guess I need to know if anyone else had this. I am about 5 days preop and I've been super emotional lately. It's cycle time (TMI sorry) so that kind of makes me more emotional anyway but not this much. I, personally, think that it's fear of what's to come. I'm afraid of surgery, afraid of being put under, afraid of how my body will react to pain meds (i've never been on any prescription pain meds). Then part of me is questioning whether I will fail at this too. After trying to many things throughout my life, I can't help but think nothing may work. I wonder how my husband will feel about the new me if I do change shapes and then if my shape will go to my head and turn me into a big *itch. I've never been one to not live my life because of my shape and I guess I never really dealt with how fat I am. Now, taking such a huge drastic measure - I can't avoid the fact that I'm fat. Maybe I'm the girl that always thought I wasn't as big as I am. I have always felt my husband is pretty "out of my league." I'm just nervous about all the changes. Please tell me I'm not alone... how did you deal with your crazy emotions?

Swan - You are not alone I had the same feelings as well I think alot of have had the freak out moment before surgery

Hello everyone! I seem to have a little time today. I got all the gifts wrapped and under the tree and did most of the shopping today. Even dropped off stuff at Jeff's Mom's house. I'll start going over there next week and start cleaning and setting it up for the renters. The new paint job looks great....boring, but looks good.

Great, thanks for the potato recipe. DH wants garlic mashed potatoes for Christmas dinner and this recipe sounds just perfect. I might skip the cream cheese, but otherwise, the crockpot idea is great. It will save a lot of last minute stuff and I'll be able to keep those pesky potatoes warm. I'm so glad your entertaining went well. I've sort of given up on trying to live up to what I think other people expect at these dinners. I do what I do and they can eat and enjoy if they want. If they have other expectations, oh well....so sad....too bad. I am a terrible hostess. I don't offer people drinks and Snacks, etc. I have everything out and available and let them get their own stuff. I wold love to have a hostess with the mostess when I entertain, but since I don't...once again...oh well.

Arlene, you are so funny....Santa.....I want a better metabolism too. Congratulations on 41 years. That is so nice and you still like your husband too.

Julie, your tree question from days ago....we have an artificial tree because by the the time the trees get here and Christmas gets here, the cut trees are so dry they loose all their needles. So my tree has colored lights on it already and some years I just put red silk poinsettias all over it and other years I use my weird collection of ornaments. This year I'm using both. No color coordination for me. This is the first year I've used all the weird ornaments. People have given me stuff for years and it's all gone in a box. Well, was I surprised to see how much stuff there was. As for packages...I do a little of both, slap a bow and go and some fancy stuff. Some years it's been a lot of gift bags. This year is another combo year.

Joyce, sorry to hear about your knee.

Linda...so you are having appetizers on Eva? Cool...LOL. I do cheese balls too....I like doing cheese balls because they rarely end up being ball shaped. I made a birthday cake out of flavored cream cheese one year, a bunny rabbit, of course Easter eggs are easy. I'm doing flavored cream cheese appetizers for Christmas this year. Yes, I usually host Christmas dinner for 12-18 people. Most of us don't have family in town, so we all get together for a lot of the holidays. I'm doing a traditional dinner this year, ham, turkey, dressing, cranberries, green Beans, etc.

Kelly, I just heard about all the rain you've been having on national radio. I think some of it might be heading my way...I hope so. We can use a little rain here. Sorry you aren't able to walk in it, but I bed you'll find you do better after the break. Oh...it just started sprinkling here...yeah!

Melissa, sounds like the new job is going pretty well. I hope you are happy there even if the work is hard.

Sandy, glad to read you got a little break from Dad duty. Hope he heals and starts back on the road to independence...at least as much as he can manage. That was very nice of your trainer to give you a certificate of accomplishment.

Cheri, sounds like your tree is very festive and traditional. I too love the lights around the house. I only have one string of the big bulbs around the porch, but they look so happy. I like the tree lit up too. DH likes it to rotate. I'm not so fond of that, but am indulging him this year. I set the tree in a different place and there's room for it to turn. My niece is a principal for a high school in Ohio. She just did a major remodel at her high school and one of the things the class rooms got for their grant money was interactive white boards. All of the teachers say they love them. Just a thought.

Meredith...so sorry to hear about the dog. Sometimes they know what going to happen I think. Sorry you are sick. Hope it runs it's course quickly.

Chris, glad to hear your Dad is recovering. About the flashing...oh well, as long as he doesn't do it around the kids. We are all adults here. Yep, it is cool that you don't eat everything in sight anymore. I still don't and even though I'm not actively losing, I still don't eat everything in site. It's wonderful.

LauraK...glad your daughter is coming home for the holiday. Sorry you are feeling poorly too. Something about holidays and getting colds or flu. Maybe it's the stress.

Okay....I'll post more later. Need to get something cleaned.

Eva

Arlene, you are so funny....Santa.....I want a better metabolism too. Congratulations on 41 years. That is so nice and you still like your husband too

Eva, I still love him very much......but there are days I don't like him. Can anyone relate? Can I get an AMEN? LOL

I helped my DGS make Apples Cherry Nut Cake for his other Grandmother. Then I did some baking for the kids. Don't worry......didn't eat. I found a new deterrent to eating sweets......eating beef Jerky. I know one of you suggested it to me. I love it. Now I need a recipe because it is expensive. I bought the Teriyaki Beef Jerky. Does anyone have a good recipe?? This one had 14gprotein , 5 carbs.....the only thing is the sodium.....kinda high.

Kelly, are you in those floods? I heard AZ and Utah were going to get it too.

I'll check in later. Gotta get back to doing stuff for Christmas Day. That cruise next Christmas is looking mighty good today.

Arlene - We cruised every holiday for about 20 years and loved being away. The decorations are gorgeous on the ships. I always made an appointment for a massage on xmas morning. I would say a gentle prayer for all those mothers who got up at 6 a.m. to put the turkey in the oven.

looking forward to the trip is half the fun.

Joyce, thanks for telling about the decorations. Now I am even more excited. Yep, I have a 22lb turkey this year. Next Thanksgiving it is fried or smoked. My DS told me yesterday he will get it for me. My back gets so tired lugging that bird around.

AHHH! a massage on Christmas Day.......I would settle for a pedicure right now. I think I will get one in the morning.