Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Just saw this on fb and thought it is perfect for us:

None of the secrets of success work unless you do. Perfect.

I can't figure out how to attach pics either Laura, why did they have to mess with this site?

Later all.

Linda

Apples, so glad you got good news on DH. Hope you two start feeling better also. Have a good lunch with your DS.

Jodi, such a cute story on Dassi, I haven't sent any cards out either, going to look for New Years cards. I know they are out there because I have received one before. Just may get those out. WTG on 145......

Cheri, you are so funny. I hate that passive/aggressive crap. Don't miss that a bit.

Arlene, sounds like your DGS likes that cake receipe.

Joyce, a cruise and a massage sounds heavenly right about now. Have a great time with both.

Kelly, Did you get flooded out? Hope all is well in your area.

Sandy, How's your Dad doing?

Melissa, so wonderful when you can go to work and like it. It is torture to know you have to go each day and hate it.

So excited tonight's the night to pick up DD from the airport. Don't know who is more excited me or her. She text me this morning at 8:00 our time so 5:00 in Vegas. She is awake already and doesn't leave there until 5:00 pm tonight and get here until 11:30 tonight. She's going to be so whipped. lol

LauraK

Apples, so glad you got good news on DH. Hope you two start feeling better also. Have a good lunch with your DS.

Jodi, such a cute story on Dassi, I haven't sent any cards out either, going to look for New Years cards. I know they are out there because I have received one before. Just may get those out. WTG on 145......

Cheri, you are so funny. I hate that passive/aggressive crap. Don't miss that a bit.

Arlene, sounds like your DGS likes that cake receipe.

Joyce, a cruise and a massage sounds heavenly right about now. Have a great time with both.

Kelly, Did you get flooded out? Hope all is well in your area.

Sandy, How's your Dad doing?

Melissa, so wonderful when you can go to work and like it. It is torture to know you have to go each day and hate it.

So excited tonight's the night to pick up DD from the airport. Don't know who is more excited me or her. She text me this morning at 8:00 our time so 5:00 in Vegas. She is awake already and doesn't leave there until 5:00 pm tonight and get here until 11:30 tonight. She's going to be so whipped. lol

LauraK

Im sorry not to be dumb or anything but what is DH, DS, DGS, DD the abbreviations you all use?

Everyone sending cards, thank you so much. I feel like such a slug because I took this year off from sending them out. I have sent them every year for 30+ years and it's the first time I've done that. Maybe I'll have to send VAlentines this year or something. LOL

Phyl, been enjoying your 'check in's on Facebook. Not sure how you do that but it's fun to watch your travels.

Well I'll probably post again tonight but if not, have a very Merry Chrsitmas everyone! I can read and keep up on my phone but haven't figured out posting while I am gone.

I've gotten some cards out but not finished!! And may not! So busy now that we're home.... spent all day yesterday with DD#1 & her DH. Didn't get home until after 10pm. She and I went shopping all afternoon, and the guys did the same.. they went to the Navy base. DD & I went to Taco Time for lunch.. had white chicken chili and a chicken taco. We bought funny Santa hats at RiteAid that play "Grandma Got Run Over by a Raindeer", Christmas clothes for our dogs, stocking stuffers, etc. and of course, went to Surf Shack for lattes!! Fun day!! After all our adventures, came back, watched a movie, dinner, another movie! Both were old Christmas movies... Chevy Chase Christmas Vacation and the one about the kid who wanted a Red Ryder gun for Christmas.

"Check-Ins".... download Foursquare ap for your phone. It's fun! You get points for check ins. So many check ins at a place and you are the "Mayor"! I guess that's how it works.

My sister & her DH headed your way today to spend the holidays w/their pediatrician son and the two new twin grandbabies. She is pretty excited! I'm sure she doesn't care what the weather does once they get there! Flying out of Portland today.

Yippee - only soft tissue injury. Best news and gift I have for the holidays. Cortisone injection into the knee and rest. He wanted to put me on anti-inflammatory too, but chose not to when I mentioned the lap band.

So rest, it is. He felt I could try Water aerobics again - but I said, No way. There are plenty other forms of exercise that do NOT required jumping. I'll chose one of those. Deep sigh of relief.

Good news on the knee!!! I do Water aerobics every day when we're in CA.. Mon-Fri, that is. But, take it easy on the jumping stuff. If anything hurts, I quit. I figure as long as I keep moving it doesn't matter if I do exactly what the tape is saying!

Okay... don't know where that box came from or how to get rid of it!!

cannot for the life of me figure out how to post pics. I don't want to do it in code- just the ole fashioned attach. rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Cleaning, washing, organizing, etc. read: trying to make my house look like I keep it spic and span and spotless 24/7/365. My DH just laughed at me last night and went to bed. I don't know what it is- I get this way only when my parents are coming. Maybe b/c my sister is such a slob, that I feel I have to overcompensate. ??? Not that it matters- no time to figure out why- gotta get back to organizing..LOL.

I will likely not be on much for a while. Will someone please give me some easy to follow instructions for the pics. Or maybe this is a conspiracy..LOL... you guys are tired of seeing my photos?! Can you tell I haven't had enough sleep? xoxo Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year! (seriously doubt I will get my cards out in time). peasout..Laura

Well..... there is a box to insert image up above where you can change your font, etc. BUT.... there USED TO BE an option below the text box that allowed you to upload as many photos as you wanted to. I don't see it now!??????

Thank you guys so much for your comments it helps a lot. Sometimes i dont realize all the things i have conquered.

My mother was the most determined person i ever knew. She had Leiomyo Sarcoma, a rare form of non genetic Cancer. When the doctors told her she had no hope. That there was nothing more they could do for her, she said "to hell with them i will show you".

Well, long story short. My mother went on a holistic diet high in Alkaline and lived another 2 years that what they said she would. They originally gave her 8 months. The diet she was on consisted of Juicing veggies, taking about 20 supplements a day, and drinking a water high in alkaline all day long. The juiced veggies looked like a thick green sludge. But it was so she would live longer, to see her family longer.

You see my point of this story is that i forget that my mom's blood runs through my veins too. I come from the most stubbornly determined line of women in the world. So can i do this? Can i beat this last addiction , one day at a time?

Yes, i absolutely can! If my mother can fight for her life doing those crazy things i can totally lose this weight.

Thanks guys for reminding me of that.

Laters, Tina

WOW!! Quite a testimony about your Mom!! You WILL do this!!

Hey All...no time to post tonight but just wanted to let you know we just got home from DH's appt and things are OK. Just going to follow up with re-tests. Exam showed no abnormalities like the blood work showed. So for now just going to keep an eye on it all and see how the numbers are. Thanks to all. I have been feeling so horrible lately for posting mostly the negatives in our lives right now. Well, on this thread you always know there is support no matter what and I thank you for that. Will try to get on later but lots going on tonight so maybe not. Sending the love

VERY GOOD NEWS!!

I think I have the fart flu, too!

10_15_6.gif 233p.gif hear_me_talk.gif

Just saw this on fb and thought it is perfect for us:

None of the secrets of success work unless you do. Perfect.

I can't figure out how to attach pics either Laura, why did they have to mess with this site?

Later all.

Linda

Like I told Laura... the option WAS there and NOW it's not!!???? Go figure?! Why did they mess with our site!????

Im sorry not to be dumb or anything but what is DH, DS, DGS, DD the abbreviations you all use?

LOL!! It took me a while to figure that out and I didn't want to ask!!!

DH= dear husband

DS= dear son, or dear sister

DGS= dear grandson

DD= dear daughter

Then there is SIL..... which could be sister in law or son in law, DIL is daughter in law..... sort of blog slang!

The first D stands for darling,dear,or d@?!. This other letters are as follows: S=son D=daughter GS=grandson GD=granddaughter H=husband W=wife

Sorry I am so late is saying this but welcome to the thread Tina. I haven't been on here that long but I can tell you that you have come to the right thread. The ladies here are wonderful. They don't judge, but will tell you when you screw up. Get ready for some tough love.

Again welcome and hugs to all

Chris

Good morning gang! I am headed out again to see my friend that had a stroke. Several of us are going to meet at the hospital and give her a Christmas party.....no food....just lots of love and hugs. Bath and Bodyworks had their gift sets on sale, and we got her one. I love that Japanese Cherry Blossom. I had to buy me a set. We are also giving her a gift certificate for new bifocals. She cannot have her eyes checked for three months because of the diabetes changing her eyesight.

Thanks Linda.....you are so kind to think I am a trooper, but I just can't go back to that old lifestyle. I was an unhappy person.....don't want to go there again.

Okay, I am off.....will check in later!

Well guys, thought I'd be able to mail in my project today. Added up all the final quotes and I still had $1,500 after receiving all the discounts they give CPS(Chicago Public Schools). So I added an i-pad and am going to order some training on smart board if I can. So I'll still have to go in one day after Christmas and then I'll hand deliver the quotes to make sure I meet the deadline. All this technology. I'm going to have to spend my summer vacation (when I'm not teaching summer school, singing in cathedrals in Europe, or attending my niece's wedding which is generally an excuse for a big family reunion) getting trained in how to use it all and putting together lesson plans for it. AACK!! Yuck, yuck, pooey!

Then after Christmas I'll still have Title II money to spend for the school, but I pretty much know what its going to be spent on. I just have to reserve the speaker I want for next August for teacher training just before the new school year starts. Then I'm going to send a few teacher's for training in this same program that the speaker will be presenting. I don't know if you've ever heard of Love & Logic, but its the best system for discipline and relationship-building with students that I've ever encountered. I've gone to a few workshops and read much of their material and listened to many of their CD's and DVDs. I have almost (not totally) eliminated having to raise my voice, my blood pressure, and my anger at dealing with kids with zero attention span, low ability, and/or no desire to succeed academically.

It's really helped me remain professional and calm in my dealings with the kids (and their parents). Kids no longer point out that I'm turning red. LOL.

I need to talk about my sadness over my daughter. I've mentioned before that she's struggling with anxiety and obsessive thoughts. Although she calls me to come over and babysit she really doesn't have anything else to do with me. She'll come to family events, but we used to talk when I'd come over or on the phone. She'd get mad at things I'd inadvertantly say that she didn't like (she's not one to give others the benefit of the doubt and can be easily offended and quite judgemental), but, after a few days she'd call and we'd go do something with the kids. Now, we don't talk. I told her I missed her and she told me she doesn't want to talk to or be with anyone. I called her somewhat early yesterday morning (7:45) and she told me she'd panicked because no one calls her that early and she thought someone had died. I don't know if she's getting help because she won't talk about it. Normally, I'd be running over there a lot but now I don't want her to think I'm pushing myself on her, and when I do see her when I come over to babsit she ignores me and I'm afraid to say anything for fear of setting her off. I know better than to take it personally. I know its a result of her psychological condition. But it hurts me to see her like this. And as prickly as she can be, I still miss her.

So I've got a party here tomorrow night and need to finish getting the house ready for that. Not stressing over it. Just providing the setting for people to have a good time eating and drinking and laughing and reconnecting.

I also need to get out and walk at the track. Got to school early this morning to test a student who will be starting after Christmas. High reading scores, low math scores. I usually test incoming students to see what grade they fit in academically, and to decide if they qualify for supplemental reading or math or both with me.

Cheri

Just a quick comment. If everyone could enlarge their size font on their posts to at least a 3 it would really make it easier on these aging eyes. Thanks

Just a quick comment. If everyone could enlarge their size font on their posts to at least a 3 it would really make it easier on these aging eyes. Thanks

AMEN, SISTER!!

Hugs on the DD situation! Difficult on Mom! So sorry.

Evil. I would eliminate evil from the human heart. We all have it. Even the good we do is never completely altruistic. It's always tainted by some form of self-interest. But that would create a vacuum in our hearts, so I'd fill hearts with selfless love. God above all, and our neighbor as ourselves.

Like Mary, who gave birth to Love Incarnate (made flesh), I want to be overshadowed by the Most High and, filled with His Spirit, give birth to love. Love so altruistic, I would willingly give up my own life (not just my physical life, but, even harder, my interests, my money, my sense of entitlement) to save another's.

I would that all men and women would "act justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with their God." Micah 6:8.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

And now abide these three, Faith, Hope, and Love. But the greatest of these is Love.

Cheri

Hey gang,

Cheri, love the story about ripping in the car. LOL

Apples, I also would do away with child abuse and neglect.

Tina, it is awesome to see you get that fire to fight the weight. It all starts there. You are gonna do awesome.

I woke up at 201 today. I have a feeling I am gonna hit onderland in the next 2-3 days. I am so excited. I woke up early this morning and couldn't get back to sleep cause I wanted to see how close I was. I am hosting my family for christmas eve. I am gonna be very careful not to gain. I wanna see it for Christmas! I have been on liquids due to my fill so I am really losing right now. Plus the running and working out.

If I don't get back before Christmas, I do hope you all have a grand time. Merry Christmas.

First, I want to thank you (card senders) for the lovely cards I have recieved! It is so fun to recieve them!!!!!

Second, It finally stopped raining and today I finally got two walks in. I'm down another pound,:D yeah!

I just read a bunch of posts, three pages worth! So many things I wanted to say but can't remember them now!

I also want to wish everyone of you a very merry Christmas.

~Kelly~

Jessica, I could feel your excitement right through the print. Go girl!

More people have had the fart Flu. Talked to someone today about it. I have to say I still laugh and snort till I cry everytime I think of the other teacher blaming one of the students in my room who is the usual culprit and the principal passing through the miasma under the stairs and commenting. That's when I went home (it was after school) and left things in charge of my assistant with her blessing and gratitude that I was leaving. I laughed and farted all the way home. Flu farts are the funkiest. My car needed fumigating for flatulence.

Cheri

Hello All,

Thanks everyone for you encouragement it means a lot to me :) and yes my mother was an amazing, and determined woman.

Today was good day. I didn't over do it with the food and i still have 9 points left :) I know after my surgery that will change and i wont be able to meet my 50 points a day right? I love WW and i want to stay on it but i will have to adjust my points somehow...any idea's on how to do that?

My daughter went to her dads for Christmas and i miss her already and she just left this morning. Shes a great kid, shes 14 and full of it! We are very close. She ate right all week long with me and lost 4 lbs in like 4 days just by measuring her portions and eating the good for you food. She was very happy with herself. She isn't terribly overweight but certainly will be if she isn't careful. She is 14 and weighed 168lbs. A little too much for her age the doctor said. I will post of pic of me with the kids.

Hope all of you have a great day tomorrow and eve tomorrow night!

Laters,

Tina