Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

ok makes no sense - this is pissing me off - i could change colors before -don't have the option now - this sucks... I gotta leave and hate when I can't get things figured out..

you can go to view new content upper right corner - that much I figured out - and I only see a few emotions not all the ones I use to see - or the button that said more i can't even insert emotions

ok makes no sense - this is pissing me off - i could change colors before -don't have the option now - this sucks... I gotta leave and hate when I can't get things figured out..

you can go to view new content upper right corner - that much I figured out - and I only see a few emotions not all the ones I use to see - or the button that said more i can't even insert emotions

Oh Indiogirl,

We will get this figured out surley one of us is smart enough! As for the emoticons, at the bottom it says show all, hit that and scroll to the right a little....... :welldoneclap: :waytogo: this kinda looks like me and my dog!

This is frustrating me, this old dog doesn't like to learn new tricks. LOL I am not getting email notifications and each time I come here I get taken to the first page of this thread and have to hunt for where I left off, is there a way to come back to the first unread post? If I save this page as favorites will it always just come to this page? GRRRRRR

I am so bummed, DS just called and doesn't know if/when he can see us for Thanksgiving. The joys of working in retail (he's a Walmart manager), his 4 days off have been reduced to one and that's tonight, and he works all night and sleeps all day. He normally works 12 hour shifts but they are even longer. BOOHOO!!! :hurt: He said he's hoping to work something out for Friday.

How is everyone doing today?

I Just have to get through this week then I go for my first fill on the 30th. Getting a bit nervous about that one. I HATE @&$! Needles. I guess it's about time to get over that feeling.

Well finished first week of physical therapy. A little sore but made it. About 100 degrees movement so far. It's slow and painful but I knew it would be.

Janet.... Thanks for the website. I haven't gotten time to really look at it but what I saw looked good. I made that roasted chicken recipe that was posted acouple days ago. Wow it's great. I recomend a 1/2 can of beer in each bird. That's what I did and it fell apart. I have been making these egg bites that I found on that eggface website. Those things rock. I mads some yesterday with ham, Swiss, broccoli. My family has fallen in love with them. If you couldn't tell I love to cook. I grew up with a mother who was a basic life skills,& home economics teacher. I started cooking when I was three. I am actually seriously considering going to culinary school and poss opening a restaurant(s). Have been talking to some ppl about looking into a place that sort of caters to ppl that have had WLS. Would love to here all your input.

Hugs

chris

This is frustrating me, this old dog doesn't like to learn new tricks. LOL I am not getting email notifications and each time I come here I get taken to the first page of this thread and have to hunt for where I left off, is there a way to come back to the first unread post? If I save this page as favorites will it always just come to this page? GRRRRRR

I am so bummed, DS just called and doesn't know if/when he can see us for Thanksgiving. The joys of working in retail (he's a Walmart manager), his 4 days off have been reduced to one and that's tonight, and he works all night and sleeps all day. He normally works 12 hour shifts but they are even longer. BOOHOO!!! :hurt: He said he's hoping to work something out for Friday.

Please, please tell me how you got your color and font to come up, it seems to be the million dollar question!

I Just have to get through this week then I go for my first fill on the 30th. Getting a bit nervous about that one. I HATE @&$! Needles. I guess it's about time to get over that feeling.

Well finished first week of physical therapy. A little sore but made it. About 100 degrees movement so far. It's slow and painful but I knew it would be.

Janet.... Thanks for the website. I haven't gotten time to really look at it but what I saw looked good. I made that roasted chicken recipe that was posted acouple days ago. Wow it's great. I recomend a 1/2 can of beer in each bird. That's what I did and it fell apart. I have been making these egg bites that I found on that eggface website. Those things rock. I mads some yesterday with ham, Swiss, broccoli. My family has fallen in love with them. If you couldn't tell I love to cook. I grew up with a mother who was a basic life skills,& home economics teacher. I started cooking when I was three. I am actually seriously considering going to culinary school and poss opening a restaurant(s). Have been talking to some ppl about looking into a place that sort of caters to ppl that have had WLS. Would love to here all your input.

Hugs

chris

I think your idea sounds great.....tiny plates, :lunch: mushies menu, a protien bar (I mean like instead of a cocktail bar) :tea: Or you could just freelance and go to different restraunts and help them create wls options on their menu! :clap:

Chris...they all say that to be truly happy in life, you should be in the field that is your "passion". I have had different jobs that I did love but if I could do anything in life and call it my passion, I would be a chef/pastry chef. I missed my calling so don't let that happen to you. You gonna have a senior menu in that restaurant of yours?????????????????????

"]"]Okay to get my color I hit add reply, then typed my reply in the regular font.

Then I highlighted my entire text of my message and then clicked above on the pen looking thing to choose a color and clicked on it.

That puts these little bracket things in front and behind your text to tell it what color to be, then

I highlighted text AGAIN (just the text not those bracket thingies) and chose a size, then

AGAIN I highlighted text and clicked on the B for Bold, and then

AGAIN I clicked on Fonts and chose a font

Please someone tell me there's an easier way, and also how can I come back to this thread and pick up where I left off. I found the 'show new content' button at the top but that took me to a list of all new posts in all forums. Also when I found this one, it still just took me to the last post and I had to scroll around to find where I left off. I saved this page in my favorites but not it's forever coming back to page 751, GRRRRRR[/b][/font]

I am wondering if it only lets you choose so many options as I chose size 5 and it's supposed to be bigger.

Okay I think I figured something out! I don't have to do all the above anymore to change my text. I went to my settings, there was a place about posting settings it was below the time one. I checked the box to enable 'rich text editor' it just showed RTE and saved that. Now I can click on my font and color above before I type my post and it types it in the color and whatnot that I choose. I still have to do it each post though. But no more of adding those brackets and highlighting and rehighlighting my text.

Hugs

chris

Chris...I forgot to comment about your fear of needes and your fill. Honestly, nothing to worry about. If you have a fear of needles, just make a point of not looking. Put a picture of your wife and kids in your head and think good thoughts. The most important part about a fill is to follow your doc's instructions after the fill. My doc said we could eat solids right after our fills, but I babied it a bit for a couple of days just to be safe. I can almost guarntee that you will make a post after your fill that says it was a breeze.

5 days postOP and feeling great! :)

Happy to hear you are doing well and good to see you checked in with us. Getting lots of fluids? Any problems:

"]Okay to get my color I hit add reply, then typed my reply in the regular font.

Then I highlighted my entire text of my message and then clicked above on the pen looking thing to choose a color and clicked on it.

That puts these little bracket things in front and behind your text to tell it what color to be, then

I highlighted text AGAIN (just the text not those bracket thingies) and chose a size, then

AGAIN I highlighted text and clicked on the B for Bold, and then

AGAIN I clicked on Fonts and chose a font

Please someone tell me there's an easier way, and also how can I come back to this thread and pick up where I left off. I found the 'show new content' button at the top but that took me to a list of all new posts in all forums. Also when I found this one, it still just took me to the last post and I had to scroll around to find where I left off. I saved this page in my favorites but not it's forever coming back to page 751, GRRRRRR[/font]

I am wondering if it only lets you choose so many options as I chose size 5 and it's supposed to be bigger.

Okay I think I figured something out! I don't have to do all the above anymore to change my text. I went to my settings, there was a place about posting settings it was below the time one. I checked the box to enable 'rich text editor' it just showed RTE and saved that. Now I can click on my font and color above before I type my post and it types it in the color and whatnot that I choose. I still have to do it each post though. But no more of adding those brackets and highlighting and rehighlighting my text.

Yeah... beginning to figure things out! I will try enabling the rich text format and see if that works.

I wish I could figure out if there is still a "subscribed threads" feature. And I don't think I'm getting emails from my subscribed threads anymore. So I don't know how I'm going to see the new posts on my threads!

Chris...I forgot to comment about your fear of needes and your fill. Honestly, nothing to worry about. If you have a fear of needles, just make a point of not looking. Put a picture of your wife and kids in your head and think good thoughts. The most important part about a fill is to follow your doc's instructions after the fill. My doc said we could eat solids right after our fills, but I babied it a bit for a couple of days just to be safe. I can almost guarntee that you will make a post after your fill that says it was a breeze.

Yeah, Chris.... you'll wonder why you worried about it! My doc usually says liquids the rest of the day, soft the next and then back to normal. But I usually so straight to Panera bread for a bowl of soup! Black bean usually.

CONGRATS!!! Glad you're feeling well!