ร—
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Good Afternoon to All...

Hope all that ventured out for Black Friday sales had fun, got good deals and did not get trampled. I was very happy when my friend decided she did not want to go. Would have loved to spend the day with her though. She's been my friend for 31 yrs and love her to pieces. I had a very special day. DS brought his GF's 5yr old son out today thinking he would want to got along and watch the machinery work. He didn't even think twice once I got the toys out and started playing "farm" with him. He's been with me since early morning and we've had a really great time. What a smart little stinker.

He went into our bedroom to watch a movie on the bed. We have a super thick mattress and the bed sits up very high besides. He was only in there for a couple of minutes when he came out and asked "How do you old people ever get up on that bed"? Almost choked on my cocoa. Went into the livingroom where he was playing with Legos asking him what he was building, etc. He said "You know, I think maybe you are hovering. How about if when I want you to come and talk to me, I'll let you know". So funny. This afternoon he has been helping sort through Christmas bins and counting my Santa collection. He was sure to grab one of the Christmas stockings (even though it has one of my youngest son's name on it) and claimed it for his own.

TX....what a guy! Black Friday???? My DH would run the other way.

Joyce...good to see you posting again. Hope you had a wonderful time with family in Guam. We missed you around here.

Janet...have a great trip and hope you get the results you want from the injections, etc. As someone else said, you are beautiful the way you are but we all need to decide for ourselves the little nips, tucks, etc. that we want. Kind of like the mini-TT I have been thinking about. I have decided to sit on it till after we come back from the South. I am weighing the pros and cons.

Hey Julie..nice to hear that you had a good TG with family. Get that Christmas list going...how fun to have another little one to buy for this year. This is our first year with the kids at our house and I have to keep slapping my own hands when I want to add to what I already bought for them. Don't want to spoil them too much. It's fun being a "fake" Grandma.

Love your photos, Plyll. Love when ppl share their photos. Have not been on the site much since the change and have not even looked to see if photo app has changed much. Can our "resident techie" share that info with us...if not too much trouble. Sounds like you had a great birthday. Hope you at least had a taste of wine.

Kelly....too much sodium really affects me also. I found out over the summer that over-doing the sodium causes me to have many, many more hot flashes than normal. And, all those broths and bullions and Soups have to be watched.

OK...gotta go for now. I am swimming in Santas and snowmen waiting for their place on a shelf. Later.

This new site is not taking me back to the last post read. I just noticed that and realized I have missed several posts. :blink:

This site sure does not feel like "home". Just something about it.

Hey Gang! I just got back from the gym......yes, back in the groove. I can't believe it......Dh offered to take me shopping this morning around 10am. Then I found out why....we went to Academy and Barnes and Noble. He had gift cards burning in his wallet. Anyway, I went to Shoe Carnival and got some closed toe like Birki's. They have a cork sole and a suede looking mule top.......16 bucks. Birki's usually cost me about 80 bucks. I had to hit Kohl's again for a few toys......got my Kohl bucks for Monday...lol.

Janet.....have fun on the Cruise!

Apples.......what did you get? I was surprised that it wasn't packed today. I think most people went shopping for the "Doorbusters" in the early morning. Online shopping deals start on Monday. I have to check it out. There are a couple of catalog places I want to check out.

Your such a good Grandma. From the mouths of babes. Don't you just love it?

Sndy.....Your daughter lives in Houston too? Joyce's too? Wow! I think the high tomorrow is 47 with sunny skies. Woohoo!!!

Phyl, I wished you a Happy Birthday on FB, but I forgot LBT.........HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Julie......WTG on the weight. You will get there. I put on some since Vegas. I don't like to weigh either, but I do. I think if I quit weighing things would get out of control. I don't ever want to put my head in the sand again and start going back up, up, up. I feel too good to go back to that place. I need all of you to keep me in line.

Great, where are you?

Arlene...plans changed and I did not get out to shop and actually was not looking forward to going out at all on the busiest shopping day and a cold day like today. Had more fun with my little guy.

I forgot to mention your weightloss, Julie. Way to go...keep it going. I know that would make you happy to0. Also, Joyce, as Sandi said, way to go on maintaining during vacation!

Hi all,

Ate only Protein today to make up for yesterday. Was tight this morning from weight and Water gain from the past few days. My party for 22 went really well. I did stuffing and Turkey and everyone else brought the rest. Unbelievable food. Used my basement even without carpeting and working bathroom and we did just fine. Had our big flat screen set up downstairs with the Wii. Upstairs had a smaller flatscreen available for keeping track of football games. Was able to seat everyone downstairs, 15 adults all in a row and all 7 grandkids around this 70's style corner table with benches on two sides and chairs on two sides. People wandered afterwards from upstairs to down as did all the kids. Had cars and pencils and markers in the basement and Barbies and their accoutrements in the little den upstairs.

Then I kept my grandsons overnite so DD and her DH could do the Black Friday thing early in the morning. David made about 10 Miis for the Wii. He created a character for each of his friends. We also built a lego ranch with house, Smithy, barn and corral. Took them to a McDonald's playland for Breakfast so my DH could get some sleep when he got home from work. Then at 2:30 met some relatives at a restaurant who were visiting from Atlanta. Afterwards went to my mom's with some of them.

My mother's sister and her DH and DD were there as well as one of my mother's brothers and his wife. So was my deceased uncle's wife and three of her grandchildren. As a child I was very close to this family as I lived with them the first year of my life while my father was stationed in Japan during the Korean War. The visiting aunt was 6 yrs. old when I was born. I was in some ways the youngest child in that family and at the same time the oldest child in mine. I have birth order characteristics of both. Didn't realize how disfunctional that family was until I was in my 20's and found out my grandfather sexually abused my mother and that my aunt has few memories of her childhood but displays all the characteristics of someone sexually abused. I know there was a lot of yelling and fighting and that my grandfather had a pretty heavy hand with the kids as well. There were 6 of them. Huge powerful boys all over 6' 5" tall, all highly intelligent, neurotic, athletic, physically attractive and creatively gifted. I've always felt emotionally connected to them and it was good to see them. Most of them took pride in staying thin and in shape and the aunt and uncle present were two of those so they were very vocal about complimenting me on my weight loss and getting in shape. However, neither one has struggled with food addiction, so, although I accepted their compliments gracefully, inwardly, I almost wished they'd not made so much of it. It was like I was finally getting on board with their own physical obsession.

Janet, I think my aunt had a "little work" done. Much fewer wrinkles than the last time I saw her. Whatever they did, they did a good job. She was gaunt and wrinkled before though she had her model's figure. Now her face looked filled out and less wrinkled but she's still very thin. She's an artist who is building quite a reputation in the Atlanta area--work is reminiscent of Georgia O'Keefe. She may not eat but she surely does drink a lot of wine.

My husband is now back to working 5 nights a week for the rest of this year and is going to continue into next year. That's good because my tutoring has died down with all the holidays and with my one student making the basketball team and having practices.

However, he will be sleeping days instead of doing all the extras he normally does.

Always a trade-off.

So food was good today. First day its been good in a week. One holiday gotten through, but events scheduled all the way through Christmas day--including 2 more parties at my house. Haven't exercised in two days and its %&$#cold outside, so will try to get to the community center to walk tomorrow and Sunday.

Gotta call my son and try to tie him down to a timeline on the basement bathroom so we can get the basement finished. Not my favorite thing to do.

Cheri

Just checking in... took me 15 minutes to find you guys. I don't have my computer with me- so no saved pages. This new format is confusing- and I am computer savvy. geez louise! Not sure I will have the patience for this. sigh.

We are still in NC, going back to FL in the morning. It's been a good trip- lots of good family time. We did all mom's Christmas decorating for her- so she didn't have to worry about it. I also think it helps lift the mood. Dad's PET scan didn't go too great. It's not entirely unexpected, but the cancer has returned. He has a rather larger met. tumor in his spine. (T-3). Bone cancer is horrible b/c of pain. They will do radiation- but then will worry about fracture and pain after. He can't take the normal "bone filling" meds b/c of his kidney failure. So, the prognosis from that stand point isn't great. The remaining areas- showed some "pea" size nodes returning. His oncologist is saying we should be able to wait 6 months before more chemo. Overall it isn't THAT bad- he is still giving him 1-2 years---- but... I think my parents really thought it was gone. It's been really sad at times here this week. The only day the rad. onc could see him is Tuesday- my Dad's birthday! ughhh. What a birthday present.

We did have a lovely Thanksgiving day- all the family together. Celebrated Dad's birthday. All in all- it was nice to have everyone here. I know it meant a lot to my parents.

I can't catch up with posts (hell, can hardly find them). Give me a few days to get my head above Water, and I will catch up. Wishing you all a happy Thanksgiving. Happy Birthday to Apples and Phyl. Love you all.

Peasout.. Laura

Laura...sorry your parents didn't get the news they wanted to hear. Sad. Sorry for what you have been through. I hope you were able to focus on family and fun for at least some of the time you visited. I know this is so tough for you. Thank you for updating us and for sharing your photos. Sending the love. Hugs.

Well everyone,

the biggest thing that suprised me tonight was not only being able to eat my first real meal, but how little I ate, and felt full!

WOW....what an impowering feeling, I think I am totally starting to get it now! How exciting.....I am bubbly!

Back on track, I went for two walks today, first one went fine, second one as I am coming back towards home, some cars start to come by.....then a motorcycle came veering over, and it was my good friend Robert. He was bringing me a book to read (that's our little thing) we are avid readers.... anyway I just scooped up my weiny dog hopped on back and down the road to my house we went (wasn't really far) but my sophie got the wind in her face, and snorted a little and then the freedom come into her and she reached over and just licked my face like "thanks mom, what an experience!"

It was adorable!

Tonight I am one happy banded woman......hope everyone has a great nights sleep!

Evening everyone,

My black friday started early. I had to make an emergency run to Walmart last night at 1130. Debbie tried to cut the end of her finger off with a rotary cutter. It took almost 2 hrs to get the bleeding to stop. The only good thing about it happening last night is that i had all the checkout lanes to myself. I had to park almost in the street but ppl were huddled around all the pallets of stuff that went on sale. I was in and out of there in 5 min.. That is a record for anybody at walmart. She is doing ok today. Her finger is a little sore.

I was excited about going shopping today. I haven't been shopping with my mom since i was in high school. We spent most of the day in fabric stores. My wife and mother are doing fleece blankets for all the kids. So yes I am a loving husband but i went for me just as much.

Hugs

Chris

Happy Birthday Phyll.

hello. my surgery date is december 9th and i am very excited. i am the maid of honor in my best friends wedding and she keeps pressuring me to buy the dree she has picked out since it is in a style and color that has been discontinued. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT SIZE I WILL BE NEXT SEPTEMBER? I am 262 now. any suggestions?

Good Morning Gang..

Just a quick ck in before I head for the shower

Apples - that little boy was just too cute - don't kids say the darnest things

Chris - You are a Good DH ;) Glad Debbie's finger is ok..

Laura - Hugs what else can I say cancer is a bitch - enjoy your time w/your parents - loved your pics on FB Hugs

Shamrock - There is no telling - get the dress then get it altered

Cheri - LOL on Aunt - I bet you most pple won't even notice my "work" Labela (sp) nasal area looks the best - but it's not that noticeable - It's hard to tell just yet on my eyes as left eye has some bruising.. But i can see a sublet diff can feel the botox on the top of my forehead.

Kelly - Glad your fill is good

Charlene- WTG at the gym - good for you girl !!!

Well gang - need to get moving - Love to all - If hotel has wifi may ck in if I can - haven't tried lbt from ereader yet..

if not - everyone one be good - eat healthy and get your exercise !!!!

Love Janet

Janet...have a great trip. Get lots of rest and have a foo-foo drink for me. Safe travels. Love you lots.

Mornin' Gang...

Sham...it's really hard to tell what size you would be wearing. Take a stab, but on the high side. Then you can alter the dress. It's 10 months. With hard work, I would say you could have a loss of anywhere from 50lbs to 75lbs. Sorry not much help with that. So difficult to guess.

TX...Ouch on Debbie's finger. For some reason, those fingertips really hurt. I think its all the nerves. Glad she is OK. Good to hear you enjoyed shopping with your mom. Awwww....that's so nice.

Kelly...hope this fill continues to provide restriction for you. Good going on the walking and "getting it". Too cute story about you and the dog on the bike. Sounds like she loved it.

Cheri....sounds like your Thanksgiving was a good one. Glad everything went well for you.

I am not going to try to talk to all even though I am caught up on posts. I just feel so scatter-brained with this new site and not getting my email notices. It's messed with my way of doing things. Just know it's not intentional and I will get back in the routine sometime.

We are heading out today for our Christmas get-together with DH's family. His father is taking off for AZ on Monday and wanted to do it b/4 he left. Have my baked goods ready to go. Now just have to go get myself ready. Talke to you all later.

Janet.......have a great vacation with the family. We will miss you!

Cheri......sound like you had an awesome Thanksgiving with the family. My extended family is full of dysfunction.......mainly alcoholism. I still love to see them and remember good times as children.

Apples, have a great time at your Christmas get- together with the family.

Laura.......so sorry about your dad. It is so hard to watch our loved ones suffer with so much pain. I know you are such a comfort to them. HUGS! and Prayers for you and family.

Chris......I hope your DW is bettter today......scary!

Sham......It is hard to make that guess on your dress size. I think you go down a size every twenty lbs. Be sure you get a dress that can be altered several sizes.

Kelly.....congrats on the first meal. If you felt full for several hours it sounds like you may be just where you need to be.

Okay gang, I offered to babysit my two granddaughters while DD and her husband go do some shopping. I will be busy today.

I am back to journaling, and looking forward to a fill on the 9th.

Charlene, one of my uncles who wasn't there is an alcoholic and a number of us think my aunt has a problem. My uncle who died could also drink large amounts of beer, but I only saw him at big gatherings so I don't know what he was like on a day to day basis. They're all huge men (6'5"-6'7")and that makes a difference in alcohol metabolism. I actually participated in my alcoholic uncle's intervention. He's still very active in AA. I never see my youngest uncle who was 4 when I was born. He lives in Montreal and hasn't been out here in years and years. He's in his 60's and still competes in decathlons. My aunt ran until her joints wouldn't let her anymore. The uncle who was there at the party has also always prided himself on staying in shape. The other two uncles, the alcoholic and the deceased uncle, were more massive, like football players not basketball players, and developed guts. My brothers are also very tall and one has the massive build and struggles more with his weight, and the other is more like a basketball player and has continued till recently playing basketball and swimming and has had less trouble. I noticed he's finally getting a gut. I've got the bigger frame of me and my sisters. They are taller than me and have the leaner frames. I am the shortest (5'9") of all my aunts and uncles and my mom and I'm the shortest of my siblings. My mom got the heavier frame but my dad who was 6'3" before starting to shrink has a very lean build.

All big people but all highly coordinated and athletic. Huge ADHD tendancies running through us all. Very restless, unable to sit unless focused on a project. I find family characteristics to be fascinating as you can tell from all I've written. I've noticed a lot of similarities in what goes wrong with us as we're aging as well.

Laura, sad news about your dad but not unexpected on your part. I'm glad you were able to have such a great Thanksgiving with them. Had trouble viewing your pictures when I clicked on them because they more than filled my computer screen. What's up with that? But you all looked so happy. Nels looks like he could be you and your husband's physical child.

I have to go trim back all my geraniums which are currently in my basement. I keep them all alive in my living room windows all winter. Keeps my living room amazingly cheerful. But right now they're full of dead leaves since we left them out until frost. They're messy but worth it.

Cheri